Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How smart are spiders?

How smart are spiders?

Seriously, has anyone ever done a study?

I swear the spiders in my house are frickin' smart. They watch me. I had a spider in the corner of my bedroom on the ceiling, just out of reach.

I'm sitting here watching tv with one eye waiting for him to move lower so I can get him. The blasted thing stays put. He knows I'm watching him.

The moment I turn to the laptop and take my eyes off of him, he makes his getaway. I can't find him anywhere now.

I can't tell you how many times this has happened to me. Spiders know when we're watching them. They're onto us!
    1 Corinthians 13:1 "If I speak in the languages of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal."

Quote Originally Posted by Bannister

I swear the spiders in my house are frickin' smart. They watch me. I had a spider in the corner of my bedroom on the ceiling, just out of reach.

I'm sitting here watching tv with one eye waiting for him to move lower so I can get him. The blasted thing stays put. He knows I'm watching him.

The moment I turn to the laptop and take my eyes off of him, he makes his getaway. I can't find him anywhere now.

I can't tell you how many times this has happened to me. Spiders know when we're watching them. They're onto us!

many of us will agree........they all deserve to be squished......buh-by!!

I dunno about spiders, but lady bugs are smart enough to spend the entire winter in the bathroom, where, I suppose, the warmth and moisture reminds them of a rain forest.

I admire their resilience, and will not kill them for that reason.

Spiders -- get killed every time.

I had a spider in the corner of my bedroom on the ceiling, just out of reach.
    Do what I do... use Lysol.

Whenever I see a spider on the ceiling out of reach, I grab a can of air freshener and spray them. The spider will fall off the ceiling in shock from the chemicals.

Then I squash it on the floor.

No waiting... no evil eyes... and my room smells spring-fresh too!

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Spiders are our friends.

They help control the bug population. They help keep the food we eat from being eaten by other bugs. They help stop the spread of disease by eating disease carrying flying insects.

Black Spider

Details

Quote Originally Posted by 300miles
    Do what I do... use Lysol.

Whenever I see a spider on the ceiling out of reach, I grab a can of air freshener and spray them. The spider will fall off the ceiling in shock from the chemicals.

Then I squash it on the floor.

No waiting... no evil eyes... and my room smells spring-fresh too!

I do the same thing....usually with hairspray!
    Politics is more difficult than physics
    - Albert Einstein

How to get even...Make the spider go crazy!

This summer find a giant spider web (on your porch), and wreck it without hurting the spider.
    It will make the web again, only this time less symetrical. Wreck it again.

It will remake it, only this time it will really be out of whack. Wreck it again.

Repeat.

put some salsa on 'em....and eat 'em.......

......mmmmmmmmm!!!!

that's some tasty spider!!!

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by FisherRd
    How to get even...Make the spider go crazy!

This summer find a giant spider web (on your porch), and wreck it without hurting the spider.
    It will make the web again, only this time less symetrical. Wreck it again.

It will remake it, only this time it will really be out of whack. Wreck it again.

Repeat.
    THey are going to have a special place in hell for you for tormenting gods multi legged creatures.

Any signs of "higher intelligence" by insects are nothing more than survival mechanisms which we sometimes MISTAKE for "brainiac bugs"

On the other hand, its very likely that each phylum, genus whatever-of animals has the "dumbest" members and "smartest" members

Perhaps there is a species of arachnids that's "more intelligent" than the rest of them

Like we "high and mighty" humans are smarter than Chimps, Gorillas, Gibbons, Orangutangs and the rest of the Primates.

Maybe Tarantulas and Black Widows are smarter than Wolf Spiders.
    Coincidence is the word we use when we can't see the levers and pulleys.

Emma Bull

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident
    Spiders are our friends.

They help control the bug population. They help keep the food we eat from being eaten by other bugs. They help stop the spread of disease by eating disease carrying flying insects.

Black Spider

Details
    They also eat other bugs that get into your house. I let 'em live.

aw , banni , just a bit of a personal question...; Do you think the spiders ever are watching you & your husband (or significant other) getting amorous ? You stated they're in your bedroom , would it "hinder" your performance , like when the family dog is in there watching ? Not trying to be a wiseguy or kinky , just curious ?
    Nothing gold can stay...............

www.onlinebuffalo.com

Quote Originally Posted by winfield31
    aw , banni , just a bit of a personal question...; Do you think the spiders ever are watching you & your husband (or significant other) getting amorous ? You stated they're in your bedroom , would it "hinder" your performance , like when the family dog is in there watching ? Not trying to be a wiseguy or kinky , just curious ?
    Why didnt you also request photos?
    If she looks anything like her avatar Id check them out!

I let the spiders live most of the time. If they get annoying I'll let them crawl onto a piece of paper and I fling them outside.

I always get a small moth that lives in my bathroom all winter. The things never really gave me a reason to kill them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvan
    Why didnt you also request photos?
    If she looks anything like her avatar Id check them out!
    I was just curious , I'm not into voyeurism , but I thought she posted an interesting question regarding the intelligence of spiders (or not ?)...........Personally I'm VERY allergic to them & their bites can cause me quite anguish.........as it would definitely affect "my performance" as I get "bit on the A$$" enough in this MB yet alone need to be getting bit by a spider in my own bedroom.................
    Nothing gold can stay...............

www.onlinebuffalo.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information