Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Boy nailed to a cross

Boy nailed to a cross

Boy, 15, nailed to a cross as Filipinos whip and crucify themselves in gory Good Friday ritual

By RICHARD SHEARS -
    16:52pm on 22nd March 2008
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...n_page_id=1811

A 15-year-old boy has been crucified in the Philipines today in a gory ritual to mark the death of Jesus Christ.

Dozens of Filipinos, including the boy and an 18-year-old girl, were nailed to crosses and scores more whipped their backs into a bloody pulp as the country's devout Roman Catholics marked Good Friday.

The voluntary crucifixions in the northern Philippines were the most extreme displays of religious devotion in this mainly Catholic country, where millions are praying and fasting ahead of the Easter weekend.

Is this devotion going to far and should it be stopped?

I can understand the want to emmulate your saviors passion.
    Yet I am uncertain as to why one would suffer themself, when he who came before them suffered in their stead.

Quote Originally Posted by LHardy
    Boy, 15, nailed to a cross as Filipinos whip and crucify themselves in gory Good Friday ritual

By RICHARD SHEARS -

A 15-year-old boy has been crucified in the Philipines today in a gory ritual to mark the death of Jesus Christ.

Dozens of Filipinos, including the boy and an 18-year-old girl, were nailed to crosses and scores more whipped their backs into a bloody pulp as the country's devout Roman Catholics marked Good Friday.

The voluntary crucifixions in the northern Philippines were the most extreme displays of religious devotion in this mainly Catholic country, where millions are praying and fasting ahead of the Easter weekend.

Yet I am uncertain as to why one would suffer themself, when he who came before them suffered in their stead.
    Hon, those people are crazy. That cannot be what God wants from us.

That's sure some VERY sick people !
    Nothing gold can stay...............

www.onlinebuffalo.com

Quote Originally Posted by LHardy

By RICHARD SHEARS -

Brings a whole new meaning to the phrase,

"STICKING to your beliefs!"
    Coincidence is the word we use when we can't see the levers and pulleys.

Emma Bull

Quote Originally Posted by Dumbfounded
    Brings a whole new meaning to the phrase,

"STICKING to your beliefs!"
    wow , man that's COLD ! but I think you "nailed it" !

www.onlinebuffalo.com

Quote Originally Posted by winfield31
    wow , man that's COLD ! but I think you "nailed it" !
    And you upped me, Winfield.

How could those nailed to crosses STAND the agony?
    Were they sedated?

And WHAT kind of person nails another human being to a cross (these days) as an act of "faith" and "holiness?"

"Happy Easter, Pedro! Pardon, amigo un momento while I nail your right foot in with this huge railroad spike!"

(OK, so I can't speak Tagalog!)

My Brother's wife in Miami is 1/2 Palestenian and 1/2 African;She's Haitian and a fairly devout Catholic
    Earlier this evening, she was speaking to my mother on the phone and my mom said that,

"the Romans killed Christ"
    to which my SIster-In-Law screamed,
    "NO! The JEWS killed Chirst"
    and her husband, my Brother is a JEW TOO

My sister-in-law in Miami is not very bright.

I wonder.

How many years have Phillippino's (some)
    been crucifying themselves?

Maybe these people who had themselves crucified had a lot to drink first!

First, they got "HAMMERED" and were "hung over"-A cross!!!

Ouch!

Emma Bull

Were they sedated?
    No sedation, no water to drink. After allowing them to suffer for some time, they would then break the persons legs to keep them from pushing up on their feet. Without being able to push up on their feet, they were unable to take deep breaths. Eventually, the weight of their body sufficated them.

It sounds like an unspeakable, unimaginable, agonizing death.
    1 Corinthians 13:1 "If I speak in the languages of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal."

And you upped me, Winfield.

Were they sedated?

And WHAT kind of person nails another human being to a cross (these days) as an act of "faith" and "holiness?"

"Happy Easter, Pedro! Pardon, amigo un momento while I nail your right foot in with this huge railroad spike!"

(OK, so I can't speak Tagalog!)

My Brother's wife in Miami is 1/2 Palestenian and 1/2 African;She's Haitian and a fairly devout Catholic
    Earlier this evening, she was speaking to my mother on the phone and my mom said that,

"the Romans killed Christ"
    to which my SIster-In-Law screamed,
    "NO! The JEWS killed Chirst"
    and her husband, my Brother is a JEW TOO

My sister-in-law in Miami is not very bright.

I wonder.

How many years have Phillippino's (some)
    been crucifying themselves?

Maybe these people who had themselves crucified had a lot to drink first!

First, they got "HAMMERED" and were "hung over"-A cross!!!

Ouch!
    man you topped me....... i watched a documentary on Christ , there's supposedly a plant that "kills" pain ( to a point where it renders the person in a coma like state) that the Roman soldiers used , & supposedly one of the Centurions that had watch over Jesus as He hung on the cross put the plant substance on the vinegar up to Jesus mouth , thus feigning death , & "they" say He was taken down off the cross alive............ Thus explaining His resurrection........... However as bannister stated they usually broke the legs of those being crucified so they could not upright themselves to breathe , making them suffocate slowly..........to eventual death , but the Old Testament stated that the Messiah would be crucified & not a bone would be broken , & Christ Jesus legs were not broken (as per historical Old Testament scripture)..........I just wish I could tell you the name of the plant ? Anyone out there see the same documentary ? I just hope this 15 year old child from the Phillipines rises from the dead & kicks the he-double "L" out of those that crucified him !

www.onlinebuffalo.com

Quote Originally Posted by winfield31
    man you topped me....... i watched a documentary on Christ , there's supposedly a plant that "kills" pain ( to a point where it renders the person in a coma like state) that the Roman soldiers used , & supposedly one of the Centurions that had watch over Jesus as He hung on the cross put the plant substance on the vinegar up to Jesus mouth , thus feigning death , & "they" say He was taken down off the cross alive............ Thus explaining His resurrection........... However as bannister stated they usually broke the legs of those being crucified so they could not upright themselves to breathe , making them suffocate slowly..........to eventual death , but the Old Testament stated that the Messiah would be crucified & not a bone would be broken , & Christ Jesus legs were not broken (as per historical Old Testament scripture)..........I just wish I could tell you the name of the plant ? Anyone out there see the same documentary ? I just hope this 15 year old child from the Phillipines rises from the dead & kicks the he-double "L" out of those that crucified him !
    I honestly assumed that those nailed to crosses later came off injured, but alive.

If these Phillippinos have been crucified the "old fashioned way," then you're talking torture!-Not just sectarian fantaticism taken to the extreme
    (except for those who would allow themselves to die/be murdered, delusionally thinking they'll posthumously become martyrs-Which MUST be rare)
    Its slow suffocation;One of the WORST ways to die.

What depraved, sick & twisted mind(s) conceived of crucifixtion thousands of years ago?

"Anyone here still wondering why were screwed up as a race?" Bill Hicks

And NO JOKE, after reading this thread, a PART of me wondered, "why hasn't the Bush adminstration
    added crucifying prisoners to it torture methods?"

Thanks very much for the information, Bannister.

Emma Bull

I honestly assumed that those nailed to crosses later came off injured, but alive.
    You're right, they don't die. According to this documentary, they place the nails very carefully, so as not to do permanent damage.

Quote Originally Posted by therising
    You're right, they don't die. According to this documentary, they place the nails very carefully, so as not to do permanent damage.

This isn't human sacrifice. These people volunteer to do this. They don't die. They volunteer to show their devotion to Christ.

While some might think it weird or wrong, it is their beliefs.

Oh, and Christ was offered a sponge soaked in gall...which I think is what you were looking for?

He refused it, according to scripture. They say it wouldn't have mattered much, anyway, because of where the wounds were...I don't understand why, maybe something with nerve endings or something. Don't know. Any doctors?
    http://www.buffaloreuse.org/~kool aid free zone~

The whole thing is horrifying and disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy H
    The whole thing is horrifying and disgusting.

To you. Not to them.
    http://www.buffaloreuse.org/~kool aid free zone~

Makes you wonder why people have symbols of execution hanging around their necks and in their homes. I think i'll start selling guillotine charms and golden gallows.....

Quote Originally Posted by yaksplat
    Makes you wonder why people have symbols of execution hanging around their necks and in their homes. I think i'll start selling guillotine charms and golden gallows.....

From the mind of the genius that was Bill Hicks: “A lot of Christians wear crosses around their necks. You think when Jesus comes back he ever wants to see a f**k**g cross? It's like going up to Jackie Onassis wearing a rifle pendant.”
    One beautiful thing about having a government of the corporations, by the corporations, and for the corporations is that every disaster is measured in terms of economic loss. It's sort of like getting your arm sheared off in a car accident and thinking, "Damn, now it'll take longer to fold the laundry" as blood spurts from your arteries. - The Rude Pundit

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information