http://www.buffalonews.com/cityregion/story/301242.html

This is a very interesting situation. A lot of people are going to disagree with Collins on this one, but I completely understand where he is coming from, and I applaud him.
This is the kind of thing that is going to save Erie County. I like this guy. He asks questions, demands answers.

1.4 Million dollars for a new program cant just be given to Erie County without assurances that it won't cost us more than that in the long run. I like this guy. He's smart and doesn't just take things because they are offered like every other politician in this area. He sees the BIG PICTURE, not the little one.

What are your thoughts on this? I think he's right. The county already does have drug counselors. It's been proven that drug prevention programs don't work, so why spend the money on something that won't? Instead, find another way.
This county doesnt need "new" programs right now. In fact, it needs to jettison many of its "old" ones. Hopefully one of his goals in the near future is to start figuring out what programs are wasteful and start cutting them.

Then our budget wouldn't be so bloated.
Then there would be money to spend.
Then maybe taxes could drop.
Then maybe more business will move in.
Then maybe we'll have a stronger tax base.
Then maybe we can build some cool stuff we've been wanting.
Then maybe Buffalo can shed it's poor image.
Then maybe we'll be happy.
Then maybe we'll be "TALKIN' PROUD" (sorry)

Then maybe I'll shut up.