Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Damning of America By Rev. Jeremiah Wright

The Damning of America By Rev. Jeremiah Wright

Obama pastor: Not God bless, but God d--- America!
    Jeremiah Wright also blames U.S. for 9/11
    http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.p...w&pageId=58858

First he praised Nation of Islam leader Louis Farrakhan, giving him a humanitarian award and traveling with him to Libya to meet Moammar Gadhafi.

And now he, it turns out, he has damned America in God's name and blamed the U.S. for provoking the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks by dropping nuclear weapons on Japan in World War II and supporting Israel since 1947.

Quote Originally Posted by LHardy

First he praised Nation of Islam leader Louis Farrakhan, giving him a humanitarian award and traveling with him to Libya to meet Moammar Gadhafi.

And now he, it turns out, he has damned America in God's name and blamed the U.S. for provoking the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks by dropping nuclear weapons on Japan in World War II and supporting Israel since 1947.
    Well, I was trying to give the church the benefit of the doubt a few months ago (in a separate thread), but now that I've actually heard what this guy is preaching....I'd have the say....
    1 Corinthians 13:1 "If I speak in the languages of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal."

From bLowHardy

Lilliputian...you're the one who tried to claim that Jesus was OK with violence. You don't have a lot of room to point this finger.
    But your being a dick
    ~Wnyresident

every other nation knows the dirt america has been doing except simpleton americans who hide behind the old america.

The new america has an agenda and that is to rule the world with Israel and are willing to sell the american people out if the have to.

Our jobs are going overseas, but they tell us to buy america.

The bottom line is our country has been hijacked and most americans are having cocktail and can't see what has been going on .

So how can they really judge america while being impaired?

This whole "scandal" will be used as the [orchestrated] reason why Hilary will win the candidacy.

Once Hilary is given(anointed) the Democratic Party's nomination,"all will be forgiven(& forgotten)" & Barrack Obama will be nominated as Vice President.

After that,every scandalous thing that can be dug up about McCain will begin.You will hear that McCain collaborated with the North Vietnamese while he was a POW(I don't dispute this either).

More than likely,McCain stayed in the "Presidential Suite" of the "Hanoi Hilton."
    The illuminati promised Hillary the presidency.

That is why she stayed with Bill Clinton.

Also,the Clintons & the Bushes are allies.Anybody can say anything,their actions are what defines them.George W. Bush mouths being conservative & Hilary mouths being a liberal,but both of their "ACTIONS" are the same,& both of them serve the same masters.
    Last edited by Bringthetruth; March 15th, 2008 at 09:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bringthetruth
    Also,the Clintons & the Bushes are allies.Anybody can say anything,their actions are what defines them.George W. Bush mouths being conservative & Hilary mouths being a liberal,but both of their "ACTIONS" are the same,& both of them serve the same masters.
    Can't say I disagree.

Barry Obama

An interesting article about the blackification of Obama and his internal racial conflict which I think explains his fascination with Jeremiah Wright.

http://www.amconmag.com/2007/2007_03_26/feature.html

So what? Are we going to hold everyone to the standards set by religious leaders?
    One beautiful thing about having a government of the corporations, by the corporations, and for the corporations is that every disaster is measured in terms of economic loss. It's sort of like getting your arm sheared off in a car accident and thinking, "Damn, now it'll take longer to fold the laundry" as blood spurts from your arteries. - The Rude Pundit

Quote Originally Posted by raoul duke
    So what? Are we going to hold everyone to the standards set by religious leaders?
    Just as you would if they sympathized with the KKK.

Quote Originally Posted by Bringthetruth
    every other nation knows the dirt america has been doing except simpleton americans who hide behind the old america.

The new america has an agenda and that is to rule the world with Israel and are willing to sell the american people out if the have to.

Our jobs are going overseas, but they tell us to buy america.

The bottom line is our country has been hijacked and most americans are having cocktail and can't see what has been going on .

So how can they really judge america while being impaired?

This whole "scandal" will be used as the [orchestrated] reason why Hilary will win the candidacy.

Once Hilary is given(anointed) the Democratic Party's nomination,"all will be forgiven(& forgotten)" & Barrack Obama will be nominated as Vice President.

After that,every scandalous thing that can be dug up about McCain will begin.You will hear that McCain collaborated with the North Vietnamese while he was a POW(I don't dispute this either).

More than likely,McCain stayed in the "Presidential Suite" of the "Hanoi Hilton."
    The illuminati promised Hillary the presidency.

That is why she stayed with Bill Clinton.

When is the last time you weren't shooting off your mouth about something you never bothered to research?

And you, too, hardy.

Just as you would if they sympathized with the KKK.
    Um. . . The KKK is a hate group, not a religion. In case you were wondering.
    One beautiful thing about having a government of the corporations, by the corporations, and for the corporations is that every disaster is measured in terms of economic loss. It's sort of like getting your arm sheared off in a car accident and thinking, "Damn, now it'll take longer to fold the laundry" as blood spurts from your arteries. - The Rude Pundit

Um. . . The KKK is a hate group, not a religion. In case you were wondering.
    Look a little beyond the surface and you'll understand the representation.

Look a little beyond the surface and you'll understand the representation.
    Wait. You're saying a preacher with somewhat erractic and/or wild views and his congregation is akin to a group founded on the supremacy of the caucasion race? A group with a history of violence towards blacks, Catholics, Jews and other assorted peoples who do not fit their vision of a pure race, is comparable to a church with no history of violence or outright hate? C'mon. Does that make Pat Robertson or John Hagee like the KKK? Of course not, there not Democrats.

BTW, I'm an athiest and have some thoughts on organized religion that I will keep to myself in order to avoid offending anyone in this thread. As outrageous as some of Rev. Wright's sermons are, and they are pretty out there, he's onto to something when he speaks about 'damning' the country with respects to the lack of justice and equity in American society, imo. I know it's not a precient to some as damning the queers for 9/11 or blaming Hurricane Katrina on the supposed hedonism in this country. But Rev. Wright does have a point, even if he is unhinged.

If america doesn't think it's going to suffer for it's lifestyles andhow people and children are treated.

God would have to apologize to sodom and gommorah.

Now this was the sin of Sodom: She and her daughters were arrogant, overfed and unconcerned; they did not help the poor and needy. They were haughty and did detestable things before me. Therefore I did away with them as you have seen.

—Ezekiel 16:49-50
    This idea is paralleled in the Gospels when Jesus compares an inhospitable reception to Sodom:

If anyone will not welcome you or listen to your words, shake the dust off your feet when you leave that home or town. I tell you the truth, it will be more bearable for Sodom and Gomorrah on the day of judgment than for that town.

—Matthew 10:14-15
    This view of the Biblical story reflects that of other ancient civilizations, such as Greece and Rome, where hospitality was of singular importance and strangers were under the protection of the gods.[2] Also in these civilizations, men were held in a much higher regard than women, in Greece women being seen as little more than property,[citation needed] therefore, to demand not only a guest but a male guest be violated against his will would be seen as more of a crime than to allow women to be used to save the guest.[citation needed]

The other prevailing explanation among Christians, informed by certain interpretations of other Biblical texts (see The Bible and homosexuality) and believed to be further suggested by the following, is that the sins of Sodom involved sexual immorality:

Even as Sodom and Gomorrah, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.

—Jude 1:7
    Interpretations of this passage vary. It may be that "going after strange flesh" is a euphemism for homosexuality, or, it may refer to sex with strangers, sex outside of wedlock, or possibly something akin to bestiality.

Wait. You're saying a preacher with somewhat erractic and/or wild views and his congregation is akin to a group founded on the supremacy of the caucasion race?
    Of course they are not akin in their beliefs. They are however akin to believing their own mantra. With followers and believers, known as supporters. This is the reason why a leader of the people is under review for his underlying support of an organization. Religious or otherwise. It should be scrutinized.
    Obamma supported financially, racist, anti American and hate speech during a a 20 year period. Obamma hasn't denounce the racism, the hate speech and anti-American speech.
    From a man well known to Obamma in the form of Jeremiah Wright.
    Who also has aided a known terrorist leader.

No matter who the hell it is, with these dubious connections,the people better wire brush whom ever this person might be.

Last I checked the KKK was not anti american.

BTW, I'm an athiest and have some thoughts on organized religion that I will keep to myself in order to avoid offending anyone in this thread. As outrageous as some of Rev. Wright's sermons are, and they are pretty out there, he's onto to something when he speaks about 'damning' the country with respects to the lack of justice and equity in American society, imo. I know it's not a precient to some as damning the queers for 9/11 or blaming Hurricane Katrina on the supposed hedonism in this country. But Rev. Wright does have a point, even if he is unhinged.
    Point???
    Describe justice and equity in america.
    Last edited by LHardy; March 17th, 2008 at 08:32 PM.

Let me offer an example from another such preacher: MLK-“God didn’t call America to engage in a senseless, unjust war . . . And we are criminals in that war. We’ve committed more war crimes almost than any nation in the world and I’m going to continue to say it. And we won’t stop it because of our pride and our arrogance as a nation. But God has a way of even putting nations in their place . . . [God will say:] And if you don’t stop your reckless course, I’ll rise up and break the backbone of your power.”

That was Martin Luther King in February 1968. His sermon was about Vietnam. Today in America it would be regarded by many as treasonous. This kind of rhetoric is more mainstream within the black church than many whites understand and Wright, when you listen to his full sermons, is often much more sophisticated than the soundbites sometimes suggest.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information