Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Satish Switching to Democratic Party

Satish Switching to Democratic Party

Reports all over that Satish will be switching Party affiliation to Democrat.We don't want him send him back. Whats next Giambra.

what is behind the switch ?

Is it because the Republican party didn't help him in the last election ? Bauerle will be crying the blues over this one, as will many others. Do Democrats make up the majority out there ? Maybe he feels he can implement some of his ideas if only he had the support ? Will be interesting to hear his reason(s).

I love how people complain over Satish....who is probably going to save Amherst and no one is even going to care....
    cuz they'll still be complaining.

And equating him with Giambra as a bad politician is more than laughable.
    http://www.buffaloreuse.org/~kool aid free zone~

Verbatim excerpts from Satish Mohan's Oct. 13, 2005 Speech to the Amherst Republican Committee are set forth below. This speech was copied from Mohan's website:

My Fellow Republicans:
    I want to thank you all. I have had letters of support from several of
    you. Some of you have my signs on your lawns, and several of you
    have sent checks. I need more of your help. I specially thank our
    chairman Marshall Wood, and vice chairwoman Marjorie Jaeger, who
    are doing all they can to win this election.
    I am working very hard, and am determined to make you all
    victorious.

The Republican Party stands for less government, less taxes, more
    business and more jobs. My agenda is all about these republican
    values. My agenda is all about the glory to the G.O.P., and all about
    our Town of Amherst. If we do well in Amherst, our republican
    values will spill over to other towns and cities. I am confident that in
    four years, New York will be a RED state.

There is nothing in my agenda about me.
    I may be an outsider to this republican committee, but I am very old in
    the Republican Party, and I am deeply embedded in the republican
    values.

I don't expect that anyone will believe whatever reasons Satish gives to the press for switching his affiliation from Republican to Democrat, but this will be a very happy day for Amherst Republicans since they will be ridding themselves of this very destructive man and unloading Mohan on to the unwitting Amherst Democrats.

It is probably the case that Mohan plans to break his promise to serve only one term and that Mohan doesn't think that Mohan can beat the Republicans again in 2009 in a Republican primary (against Weinstein, Schratz or whoever) for Supervisor. Mohan probably further believes that the Democrats have no supervisor candidate and that he can grab the democratic label in the next election. Those democrats should examine Mohan's record and his speech (see above).
    Last edited by Liberty; February 26th, 2008 at 10:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deerhunter
    Is it because the Republican party didn't help him in the last election ? Bauerle will be crying the blues over this one, as will many others. Do Democrats make up the majority out there ? Maybe he feels he can implement some of his ideas if only he had the support ? Will be interesting to hear his reason(s).
    The Amherst Town Board is 3 Dems and 3 Reps with the Supervisor making the tie-breaker. Didnt he campaign on the thought of one term? So, Im not sure why he would change parties.

But anyways, when he makes a mistake now, the Democrats will have to listen to everyone say Democrat Satish Mohan.... just like when Democrats blamed everything on Republicans for Giambra's mistakes. Oh, I heard that former Newstead Democratic Chairman Jeff Bono switched to the Republican Party. What is it with these guys and switching after being so invested in their former party?

It appears that Mohan is an opportunist and doesn't like his chances for another run in a republican primary for supervisor. The democrats are not likely to have well-funded or even credible supervisor candidate and Mohan sees an opportunity to grab the line in his next run.

The Mohan switch from republican to democrat is the best thing that has happened to the Amherst Republicans in years. The joke this time is on the democrats, and they will be stuck with this very destructive man.

Mohan probably didn't realize that Amherst is so screwed up that it would take more than one term to fix it.

It's unfortunate that people classify him in the ways that some of you are....someone shakes things up ....asks questions....and people throw him to the wolves.

Next thing you know someone will be talking about how dishonest he is just because he didn't get a permit for his basement.

God forbid.
    http://www.buffaloreuse.org/~kool aid free zone~

Not that I have a high regard at all (or any, for that matter) for the local Democratic party. But with the Ward boys in charge, I cannot imagine the Dems. accepting Satish as a viable candidate. They hate him and Ward is too on aware of Satish's undemocratic ways. Where did this rumor come from?

I do agree the Republicans would like to jettison Mohan.

Quote Originally Posted by crabapples
    ... just like when Democrats blamed everything on Republicans for Giambra's mistakes.
    Giambra is a Republican and Remains a Republican. That's why Republican Alphonse D'Amato hired him.

December 5, 2007

Park Strategies to Welcome County Executive Joel Giambra

(Former Repubican) Senator Alfonse D'Amato is pleased to officially announce that Erie County Executive Joel A. Giambra will be joining Park Strategies, LLC as a Managing Director effective January 1, 2008. Giambra will be heading up the firm's new Buffalo office and will be focused on providing strategic advice to companies in the Western New York area.
    "County Executive Giambra brings twenty-five years of government experience to Park Strategies, having served two terms as the Executive of Erie County and ten years as Buffalo City Comptroller. He departs the Executive Office with three years of consecutive surplus and reduced county spending. Joel was a visionary in Erie County and I am proud to have such a bold and dedicated leader joining our team. We look forward to working with him on some outstanding projects."

Other Principals of Park Strategies LLC:

Prior to joining Park Strategies, LLC, David Poleto was the Director of Special Groups and Coalitions for the 2002 Friends of (Republican) Pataki Campaign Committee. As Director he was responsible for securing and integrating union and ethnic coalition endorsements into the campaign.

Prior to joining Park Strategies, LLC, Gregory Serio served as the 39th superintendent of insurance for the State of New York. As superintendent of insurance, to which he was nominated by Republican Governor George E. Pataki and confirmed by the New York Senate in May, 2001.

Prior to joining Park Strategies, LLC, Mr. Kraig Siracuse served as a Legislative Assistant (1991-1998), working for U.S. Republican Senator Alfonse M. D'Amato and the Senate Banking Committee.

Prior to joining Park Strategies, LLC John Zagame was a Republican member of the NYS Assembly (1974-1980), where he served on the Committees on Ways and Means, Cities, and Labor. From 1980 to1984 he served as Chief of Staff to U.S. Senator Alfonse M. D’Amato, and from 1993 to1997 as Executive Director of the New York State Association of Counties.

My apologies for interrupting this thread. Just wanted to present the facts and eliminate disinformation. I won't interrupt again.

Joel, like a flag

whichever way the wind blows will dictate which side, or what ideals , Joel will live by. He looks out for Joel. But this Satish thing I find amazing. A guy that called for the end of the way business was being conducted, changes his stripes to join the establishment. I find it amazing. Maybe he was a double agent all along. Get in tight with Republicans, get their secrets, philosophies, power moves etc, then switch over to the Democrats and bring all that info with me. There should be an election law that prevents this from occurring. You should have to complete the term under the party which you were elected. Flipping mid-way through is wrong.

Hi. I was out of town for a while, so forgive me for being out of touch.

But....

If it is true that Satish is becoming a Democrat, why is that a bad thing? People on this thread complained relentlessly about his Republican ways. So, why aren't you all happy that he has changed parties.

For myself, I think Democrats are the party of the Gods. Only two GOPs in my long family line, and we're talking back to the turn of the century before this century.

If Satish has seen the light, I say god bless him. Why do you continue to hate him?

Channel 7 reported last night that Ed Rath III will be the Republican candidate looking to unseat Satish.

Quote Originally Posted by mikewrona
    Giambra is a Republican and Remains a Republican. That's why Republican Alphonse D'Amato hired him.

My apologies for interrupting this thread. Just wanted to present the facts and eliminate disinformation. I won't interrupt again.
    Yeah right. You are a clown. You will continue to interupt threads with pointless information.

Do you think that maybe D'Amato hired Giambra because:
    a. they are friends
    b. they are both Italian

Sure they are both registered Republicans but that is not THE reason he hired him.

It's not Satish's party affiliation that is holding him back, he has not accomplished anything because he lacks the necessary financial management skills and interpersonal skills that are required for the Supervisor's position. A party change won't change Satish Mohan. He still will shoot from the hip, not do the necessary research and will continue to speak in generalities and platitudes. The Supervisor position is just not the job for him. The only ones who will continue to suffer are the people of Amherst.

Quote Originally Posted by Liberty
    It's not Satish's party affiliation that is holding him back, he has not accomplished anything because he lacks the necessary financial management skills and interpersonal skills that are required for the Supervisor's position. A party change won't change Satish Mohan. He still will shoot from the hip, not do the necessary research and will continue to speak in generalities and platitudes. The Supervisor position is just not the job for him. The only ones who will continue to suffer are the people of Amherst.
    This is exactly the same as when Giambra switched parties. It doesnt matter which affiliation he is, he wasnt good for the job.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information