Thread: Girl Power

Girl Power

From the Buffalo News

BUFFALO
    All-girl team again wins Science Bowl competition

Updated: 02/10/08 6:42 AM

http://www.buffalonews.com/cityregio...ry/272780.html

Girl power prevailed once again Saturday at the STEP Science Bowl at Monroe Community College.

Last year, a team from the Buffalo Biomedical STEP/Buffalo Prep, became the first all-girl entry to win the regional competition. The team, with two carryover members from last year, won again Saturday, and are headed to Washington, D.C., for national competition in May.

Members of the winning team include Bianca Coleman and Kerris Sease of Nardin Academy; Lesthia Isaacs and Queenosob Hashi of City Honors; and Candace Desta, of Nichols School.

Another team from Buffalo Biomedical STEP/Buffalo Prep finished third in the competition, which drew about two dozen teams.

You go Girls.....

Was that a year ago already???

I think there just isn't enough publicity about these kids, and others that have worked hard to achieve things. That was refreshing after thinking about the illiteracy issue all morning. I was getting very depressed. Not to say I'm forgetting the others for the day, just a nice break in the funk.
    Thanks gs

I knew you were a Chick !

I love women ! So, go girl !
    It's not enough that we do our best; sometimes we have to do what's required. (Sir Winston Churchill)

Section VI first female wrestling champion

From the Buffalo News-http://www.buffalonews.com/258/story/283431.html

Section VI crowns first female wrestling champion
    By Keith McShea - NEWS SPORTS REPORTER
    Updated: 02/24/08 12:06 AM
    Section VI has its first female wrestling champion Carlene Sluberski of Fredonia. Sluberski, a junior, won the 96-pound title at the Division II (small school) championships Saturday night at Jamestown Community College. Sluberski beat top-seeded Ben Haas of Salamanca, 11-6, for the title and also earned Most Outstanding Wrestler honors at the meet.
    Sluberski will represent Section VI at the New York State Championships March 8-9 at Blue Cross Arena in Rochester.

She was one of four champions for Fredonia at the meet. Niagara-Wheatfield had four champions in the Division I (large school) meet at Kenmore West. Cheektowaga, Pioneer and Lancaster had three.
    In girls basketball, Grand Island knocked off top-seeded Kenmore East in Saturday's semifinals to earn a Class A-1 championship date with Williamsville East. In Class A-2, Pioneer and East Aurora both won to set up a much-anticipated showdown in the final.

Other semifinal winners in girls basketball were: B-1 -- Olean and Fredonia; B-2 -- Falconer and Roy-Hart; C-1 -- Holland and Allegany-Limestone; C-2 - Frewsburg and Franklinville.
    That poor guy that lost. How humiliating

Congrats to the female champ.

Georgia L Schlager

Thread Information