Thread: Cross Creek homes in Lancaster by Essex

Cross Creek homes in Lancaster by Essex

Cross Creek
    Lancaster, NY

Choice Home Sites with many backing up to protected green space and trees
    • Lancaster School District
    • Convenient access to the NYS Thruway, and the 33 to downtown.
    • Within close proximity to shopping, dining and parks (Walden Ponds and Westwood Park)
    Isn't it nice how they brag about homes being built in "Protect Green Space" - they forgot to mention wetlands and flood plains - they violate the "Federally protected area" and use it as a "selling point."

Prospective home buyers - hurry and get lots as close to Ellicott Creek as you can - so when the creek fills your yards and basements - you too can join the "NIMBY's" ,"anti developer groups", and "Gad fly's" at Lancaster's Town Hall meetings !

But don't expect much sympathy from the Town Board - they know the issues with that land and the Supervisor of Lancaster has a answer for your - "You should have done your home work before buying in a flood prone area." - or my personal favorite - "If you don't like how Lancaster's Governed , Vote with your feet." Quote Lancaster Town Supervisor B.Giza .

Good luck Cross Creeks - Lancaster's newest "Wet Lands Community."

-

#Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

Originally posted by 4248:
    Isn't it nice how they brag about homes being built in "Protect Green Space" - they forgot to mention wetlands and flood plains - they violate the "Federally protected area" and use it as a "selling point."
    They will definitely use that as a selling point for the lots that back up to the wetlands and floodplains.

Sales person, "You'll never have to worry about anyone building behind you. That's a federally protected wetland".

Georgia L Schlager

Originally Posted by 4248

Choice Home Sites with many backing up to protected green space and trees
    ...until those wetlands are dried up by the detention/retention ponds on site that are hooked up to receivers in the rear of the yards (that are supposed to be monumented in the yards that behind them is a wetland, and the monuments never show up even though it's a stipulation in the approval phase) and can be used for more home building after a bogus deliniation from a hired gun engineer to build more homes in a former wetland.

(breathe.....)

If I had a dollar for every time a realtor or developer said that....
    (Choice Home Sites with many backing up to protected green space and trees, that is)....

Ahhhh...to dream...

Hey, I could use that money to build another housing development in Lancaster...

"It's a perfect example of you need to get out and vote because all your votes count".
    Mark Montour- Democratic, Republican, Independence, Conservative and Working Families parties candidate for Lancaster Town Justice

"I don't think it was luck" -Donna Stempniak, unopposed candidate for Lancaster Town Council on winning re-election.

Monuments ? ! ?

You mean those little yellow plastic "Tent Stakes" with the red surveyors tape tied to them don't count.

Marrano Builders loves them - although they tends to "migrate" or disappear. Just ask the homeowner on White Hall and a few others in that area - when they built sheds in their yards - they were told they were not in their yards - because the "Monuments" had either disappeared or "migrated."

I am sure it was Vandals - no honest developer would "misrepresent" or misinform prospective home buyers !

Atleast not in Lancaster,NY
    -
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

I just can't help but see the irony here.

Is the "Protected Green Space" the creek bank that's being destroyed to install a sewer line?

Originally Posted by 4248

You mean those little yellow plastic "Tent Stakes" with the red surveyors tape tied to them don't count.

Marrano Builders loves them - although they tends to "migrate" or disappear. Just ask the homeowner on White Hall and a few others in that area - when they built sheds in their yards - they were told they were not in their yards - because the "Monuments" had either disappeared or "migrated."

I am sure it was Vandals - no honest developer would "misrepresent" or misinform prospective home buyers !
    Actually, I was mentioning a monumentation of the proprty being a wetland. I don't remember the verbiage, but these are supposed to be a form of a small plaque that serves as notice that the property behind the home is a wetland. This was included in approvals for a few developments that I remember, but from my recollection, none of them were ever put in place. If you look back on developments in the past few years, you'll find the passage in the approval stipulations.

If they were to monument them, they couldn't dry them out and use them in the future, now could they?

Remember: Choice Home Sites with many backing up to protected green space and trees.

For any prospective purchasers in Cross Creek: the land behind you is protected, it's monumented right here on SUWNY.

"It's a perfect example of you need to get out and vote because all your votes count".
    Mark Montour- Democratic, Republican, Independence, Conservative and Working Families parties candidate for Lancaster Town Justice

"I don't think it was luck" -Donna Stempniak, unopposed candidate for Lancaster Town Council on winning re-election.

Thread Information