Thread: Have a heart...

Have a heart...

I watched a very graphic heart surgery last night, on PBS. Amazing. However, I did not know that people who use heart pumps, while waiting for transplants, decrease their chances of finding a compatible heart due to the antibodies they produce each time they receive blood transfusions, which is often. What I learned: bottom line, keep your heart healthy and don't assume that changes in stamina, et. al are simply normal signs of aging. People can have series of small heart attacks which can damage the heart to the point of no return, and do not even recognize that it's happening. Over...

Ah

Quote Originally Posted by wheresthesun
    I watched a very graphic heart surgery last night, on PBS. Amazing. However, I did not know that people who use heart pumps, while waiting for transplants, decrease their chances of finding a compatible heart due to the antibodies they produce each time they receive blood transfusions, which is often. What I learned: bottom line, keep your heart healthy and don't assume that changes in stamina, et. al are simply normal signs of aging. People can have series of small heart attacks which can damage the heart to the point of no return, and do not even recognize that it's happening. Over...
    My oldest brother had a heart attack after dinner. He thought it was heart burn and blew it off. After words, he was rushed to the hospital, and his doctor removed 25 % of his heart. IT was the complete top half of his heart that was removed. That night he died. My point is this, its good you keep healthy however, all the work outs you do will not change the fact that your gene pool makes the final call.
    Riven37
    _________
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent. Thomas Jefferson

Thread Information