Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: America’s Police Brutality Pandemic

Exclamation America’s Police Brutality Pandemic

By Paul Craig Roberts: Bush’s "war on terror" quickly became Bush’s war on Iraqi civilians. So far over one million Iraqi civilians have lost their lives because of Bush’s invasion, and four million have been displaced. Iraq’s infrastructure is in ruins. Disease is rampant. Normal life has disappeared. Self-righteous Americans justify these monstrous crimes as necessary to ensure their own safety from terrorist attack. Yet, Americans are in far greater danger from their own police forces than they are from foreign terrorists. Ironically, Bush’s "war on terror" has made Americans less safe at home by diminishing US civil liberty and turning an epidemic of US police brutality into a pandemic. The only terrorist most Americans will ever encounter is a policeman with a badge, nightstick, mace and Taser. A Google search for "police brutality videos" turns up 2,210,000 entries. Some entries are foreign and some are probably duplications, but the number is so large that a person could do nothing but watch police brutality videos for the rest of his life. A search on "You Tube" alone turned up 2,280 police brutality videos. Police brutality has crossed the line from using excessive force against a resisting Rodney King to unprovoked gratuitous violence against persons offering no resistance, such as the elderly, women, students, and elected officials. Americans are not safe anywhere from police. Police attack Americans in university libraries, in public meetings, and in their own homes. Read More........ http://www.vdare.com/roberts/070925_brutality.htm

That's becausewe live in a society of violence.
    Frm violent children to violent adults.
    We're governed by fear. Exposed to it everywhere we turn around.
    Everyone is tense and no one is safe.

The Mayberry police have turned into an elite special forces unit, using maximum force in every situation.

From terrorist atacks to school attacks; kids with guns to video game massacres, this pandemic of violence has everyone on edge.

Squabbles become funerals, and the circle continues.
    Let me articulate this for you:
    "I'm not locked in here with them. They're locked in here with me!!"
    HipKat's Blog

Quote Originally Posted by gonerail
    By Paul Craig Roberts: Bush’s "war on terror" quickly became Bush’s war on Iraqi civilians. So far over one million Iraqi civilians have lost their lives because of Bush’s invasion, and four million have been displaced. Iraq’s infrastructure is in ruins. Disease is rampant. Normal life has disappeared. Self-righteous Americans justify these monstrous crimes as necessary to ensure their own safety from terrorist attack. Yet, Americans are in far greater danger from their own police forces than they are from foreign terrorists. Ironically, Bush’s "war on terror" has made Americans less safe at home by diminishing US civil liberty and turning an epidemic of US police brutality into a pandemic. The only terrorist most Americans will ever encounter is a policeman with a badge, nightstick, mace and Taser. A Google search for "police brutality videos" turns up 2,210,000 entries. Some entries are foreign and some are probably duplications, but the number is so large that a person could do nothing but watch police brutality videos for the rest of his life. A search on "You Tube" alone turned up 2,280 police brutality videos. Police brutality has crossed the line from using excessive force against a resisting Rodney King to unprovoked gratuitous violence against persons offering no resistance, such as the elderly, women, students, and elected officials. Americans are not safe anywhere from police. Police attack Americans in university libraries, in public meetings, and in their own homes. Read More........ http://www.vdare.com/roberts/070925_brutality.htm
    If police recruits become more former Iraqi's vets, this country is really in trouble.

Our kids are over there killing iraqi civilians, so just wait until they come home will they know the difference when bushy and his cronies put the United States under Marshal Law ?

All they have to do is cause, and declare, an emergency and Bush will get a 3rd term.

http

What is chosen to be ignored....

Percent-wise, the number of complaints of
    police brutality and harassment represent the ones that we HEAR of
    Think of the number of complaints that aren't filed by citizens and/or go on record

I know. I know that plenty of those filing complaints of brutality & harassment against the police have records and just "hate the police" but come on!
    There is no way in hell that even HALF of the grievances against cops are unwarranted

It all comes down to the word of the of the officer(s) against the civillian(s) and the judge, courts and media usually side with (duh) the officer

That's why local police have been active participants in "smear campaigns";Their credibility and honesty are unquestioned

Here's another shining example of the
    "Republican trickle-down theory"
    Following 9/11, law enforcement was given power that they never had before and its a party for the police

IF there is another domestic threat such as 9/11
    and
    Bush gains absolute power (legally!)

The police will have unprecedented power to do whatever the hell they please out in the open,
    with little or no repercussions
    because we'll be living under
    wonderful martial law;A "police state"
    and
    no way can the National Guard
    and
    our armed forces
    herd all of the frightened citizens into obedient submission ("just like now!")
    That's the job of the police

Check out copwatch.com
    Some very credible, detailed reporting on our "last line of defense"

Word of caution: NEVER cross a cop's EGO, even if you do ot intend to (as dumb as that sounds!)
    Coincidence is the word we use when we can't see the levers and pulleys.

Emma Bull

I have found that whenever I am stopped by a cop, my answers to his questions always, always bring the retort "Why are you giving me an attitude?" I seriously think that they are incapable of engaging in a rational conversation without viewing any statement as anything other than an attack.....
    "The horror........The horror..........."

Quote Originally Posted by Nicolas II
    I have found that whenever I am stopped by a cop, my answers to his questions always, always bring the retort "Why are you giving me an attitude?" I seriously think that they are incapable of engaging in a rational conversation without viewing any statement as anything other than an attack.....
    Same here, even though I usally answer with "yes sir - no sir"
    Let me articulate this for you:
    "I'm not locked in here with them. They're locked in here with me!!"
    HipKat's Blog

Quote Originally Posted by HipKat
    Same here, even though I usally answer with "yes sir - no sir"
    I dont do that anymore. I always look at their name tag and call them by the name that is on it. Depending on their reaction I might ask what their first name is, and call them by their first name and just talk normal to them. For those who demand I address them as officer this or that, I promply tell them that I am not their Sergeant and my name isnt Lance.

"If you've done nothing wrong, then you have nothing to worry about."

If you criticize the police, even with facts the usual response is,

"you just hate police."

Not true, but a catchy phrase and pretty damned immature coming from such "elite professionals."

I get the IMPRESSION that a lot of people are not only angry with SOME cops, but are intimidated by them and afraid of them-For no "legal" reason

I could easily be wrong because unlike our "last line of defense," I haven't seen what they've seen so I shouldn't be shooting my mouth off.

Yes.
    You can not criticize the police because expressing your honest opinion
    about the police
    makes you a "cop hater"
    just like not agreeing with our foreign policy makes you
    "UnAmerican" and "Unpatriotic"

Fact: MOST police are Republican. Hmmmmmmm?

When I was a kid, even into my twenties,
    I worshiped the police and thought that all of them were heroes (and a LOT of them are), but there are more than a "few bad apples in the barrel."

Emma Bull

Most are republicans because of the religious connections. The population of north america with evenually be dominated by spanish speaking roman catholics and christian evangelicals while europe will become Islamic. 50 years. Within 100 years, The Americas will be Islamic also.

The party is over! The virus will win!

Just listen to some of the cops on this site conversations, Harlem World(uptown) and Union cop.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvan
    The party is over! The virus will win!
    I think that you are correct and I attribute this to global over-population which, among other things, has exponentially raised the a-hole factor........ You cannot avoid them - they seem to be everywhere (or, maybe its me???? )
    "The horror........The horror..........."

I think that you are correct and I attribute this to global over-population which, among other things, has exponentially raised the a-hole factor........ You cannot avoid them - they seem to be everywhere (or, maybe its me???? )
    I see it too. And one main factor that is going to implode it all, or what once was, is the fact that there is way too much estrogen in society. Schools are demanding that little boys be more like little girls. Testoterone levels and sperm counts have dropped 50% in two generations. Males have lost all motivation and choose virtual reality as the replacement.

The culture is just going to let "them" walk right in, float right in, and fly right in, as if nothing is going on.

Great interview right here - http://www.coasttocoastam.com/shows/2008/02/16.html - I listened to it last night.

I understand that cops must maintain an air of authority;Professional distance while being somewhat courteous (for minor traffic & domestic violations)

Its when cops feel compelled to intimidate, to be bad@sses and let their fragile EGOS control what SHOULD be their "professional judgement"

I have NO idea why good cops cover up for the outright criminals and embarassments in their departments

You'd THINK that they would care a LITTLE about the public's image of them (not just the wealthy public)

I will reiterate: I used to think that all cops were
    heroes and that they could do no wrong.
    I was wrong.

And here's a "revelation" for the police reading this:
    You are not always right because you're human, just like "us" and often make mistakes in judgement, but rarely if ever admit it all because of those bloated EGOS of yours,
    officers

Here's another "shocking discovery" when you treat people with respect and decency while maintaining professional distance, you get respect back-
    Regardless of the rantings of any brown-nosed fascists that supports law enforcement to be wielded as a "blunt instrument" at the officer's discretion

Most people do not go out of their way to bash cops.
    There's actually a lot of basis in fact for the anger, frustration and helplessness the average citizen feels towards the police

And I "don't hate cops."
    I hate ALL thugs with authority who abuse their power.
    Just because "they can"

Emma Bull

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information