Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: weight loss tips...

weight loss tips...

Have a sweet tooth? Make fruit kebabs for a nutrient packed and energy boosting dessert. Pineapples, bananas, apples and pears are great raw but cook well directly on the grill or wrapped in tinfoil first. Serve with nonfat yogurt or fat-free whip cream. This tasty treat will have your guest begging for more fruit

Quote Originally Posted by bigpoppapuff
    Have a sweet tooth? Make fruit kebabs for a nutrient packed and energy boosting dessert. Pineapples, bananas, apples and pears are great raw but cook well directly on the grill or wrapped in tinfoil first. Serve with nonfat yogurt or fat-free whip cream. This tasty treat will have your guest begging for more fruit
    ....and don't forget the vodka.
    P.S. Tomorrow is Thursday....

My weight loss tip - Substitute diet tonic water for tonic water in a Gin & Tonic.

Quote Originally Posted by wheresthesun
    ....and don't forget the vodka.
    P.S. Tomorrow is Thursday....
    Did I miss something? Is thursday vodka day? Is it Bloody Mary Day? I say everyday should be Bloody Mary Day, unless they are lousy, then it should be Vodka and Cranberry Day.
    First Amendment rights are like muscles, if you don't exercise them they will atrophy.

Fruits should be low on the Glycemic Index to avoid a spike in blood glucose, so you that you don't keep craving food and overeat.

6 to 10 meals a day (an apple or can of tuna counts as a meal) increases the metabolism and in turn, weight loss

Up to 1 gallon of water a day

The mentality that "I'm not giving up anything" works great: "Dieting" has punitive connotations, as though we're "giving up something important" when we change our eating habits

More psych: People who THINK that they're fat;Have an obese image of themselves will ALWAYS be fat;Self-defeating

Low fat, low salt, NO nutrasweet and any other additives, colorings or preservatives that can be avoided,

Hard to lose weight because of:
    heavy metals in body, parasites (like Bush!), yeast infections (in guys too), necessary to cleanse the colon, liver, gall bladder and kidneys,
    years of yo-yo dieting, ect

Vitamin supplements a must: Soil depleted of nutrients, transit time to supermarkets, pesticides

Food is fuel, not "one of life's pleasures," although what you eat, SHOULD taste good

Humans literally get ADDICTED to sugar and fat. We CRAVE damned diet sodas (whose phosphates leach the calcium off of our bones)
    because of the Aspartamae/Nutrasweet

Ya get used to eating foods LOW in fat & sodium and going totally without ALL refined foods and any foods TOO high on the Glycemic Index

Now if you'll all excuse me, I'm going to eat a few dozen wings, drowned in bleu cheese along with a pizza dripping with cheese and anchovies, a couple of steak hoagies and for dessert, a half gallon of coffee toffee ice cream and a bag of peanut M & M's
    and wash it all down with a gallon of coca cola, followed by 2 gallons of beer, an Anderson's beef on weck, Charlie The Butcher's (on the F.B.I.'s 10 most wanted) beef on weck and lots of good, healthy Buffalo food!!!

Mmmmmmmmmm!!!

The Taste Of Buffalo! Food Heaven!!!
    They had to haul my @ss out with a fork lift after I was done scarfing food down my gullet!!!

"TALKING PROUD!!!"
    Coincidence is the word we use when we can't see the levers and pulleys.

Emma Bull

Portions should be no larger than the size of your fist.
    Eat whenever you feel hungy, NOT un-full/stuffed.
    Drink lots of water.
    Be active with basic work and chores and you'll be fine.

Meet PAM. You can't imagine foregoing butter. After all, how will you sauté your meats and vegetables? How will you grease those baking pans? Well, meet PAM, a fat-free cooking spray that comes in Original, Butter, Olive Oil and two other flavors. With PAM, you can eliminate the need for other unhealthy fats. One one-second spray of PAM has no fat and seven calories, while a teaspoon of butter has 104 calories and 11.5 grams of fat. This versatile spray can be used for grilling, baking and stovetop cooking.

My weight loss tip? Stop eating, Get up away from the computer and start MOVING YOUR BODY!

Quote Originally Posted by buffy
    My weight loss tip? Stop eating, Get up away from the computer and start MOVING YOUR BODY!

And go by a Nintendo Wii and start bowling.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Hill
    And go by a Nintendo Wii and start bowling.

harlem world just got a wii....he loves the boxing...

harlem world just got a wii....he loves the boxing...

the best, so is Tennis. Velvet Fog got one too. We need a bowling tournament.

Meet PAM. You can't imagine foregoing butter. After all, how will you sauté your meats and vegetables? How will you grease those baking pans? Well, meet PAM, a fat-free cooking spray that comes in Original, Butter, Olive Oil and two other flavors. With PAM, you can eliminate the need for other unhealthy fats. One one-second spray of PAM has no fat and seven calories, while a teaspoon of butter has 104 calories and 11.5 grams of fat. This versatile spray can be used for grilling, baking and stovetop cooking.
    I have an olive oil spritzer-er. Actually, you can use any kind of oil. I just used olive oil a lot.
    First Amendment rights are like muscles, if you don't exercise them they will atrophy.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Hill
    the best, so is Tennis. Velvet Fog got one too. We need a bowling tournament.
    We can sponser a bowling team That might be something...

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident
    We can sponser a bowling team That might be something...
    Sponsor? Okay, send me 10k and in 6 months I'll send you a trophy with your name on it.

In my experience, it's not as much what you eat as it is when you eat it. Eating heavy meals, late in the day may not be the way to go....taper off caloric intake as the day progresses...and yes, as Buffy said--Move your body!

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information