Thread: County Deficit 170,000,000

County Deficit 170,000,000

It is actually 170 million, not 130 million as claimed by Joel. The other 40 million , not reported, is being paid by what is left of the reserves and tobacco money. The county is in bigger trouble than I realized. To think this guy wanted to take over the BPD. Wow. I can't imagine the trouble the city would be in if this were to occur.

Re: County Deficit 170,000,000

Originally posted by Deerhunter
    It is actually 170 million, not 130 million as claimed by Joel. The other 40 million , not reported, is being paid by what is left of the reserves and tobacco money. The county is in bigger trouble than I realized. To think this guy wanted to take over the BPD. Wow. I can't imagine the trouble the city would be in if this were to occur.
    When Joel Giambra took office there was reportedly a 200 million surplus. In addition there was at least 200 million from the tobacco settlement. That is 400 million dollars to work with plus the revenues you get from taxes and other incomes. Now there is a, as reported, 140 million deficit. What is going on here? That is a lot of money that wernt out the window. I do not believe all this is the result of lowering property taxes in Erie County. Something does not add up.

Tony Fracasso - Admin

Re: County Deficit 170,000,000

Originally posted by Deerhunter
    Makes you wonder how they can take over anything. But this does confirm my belief that we do not have qualified people elected to office.

Tony Fracasso - Admin

Re: Re: County Deficit 170,000,000

Originally posted by concernedwnyer
    When Joel Giambra took office there was reportedly a 200 million surplus. In addition there was at least 200 million from the tobacco settlement. That is 400 million dollars to work with plus the revenues you get from taxes and other incomes. Now there is a, as reported, 140 million deficit. What is going on here? That is a lot of money that wernt out the window. I do not believe all this is the result of lowering property taxes in Erie County. Something does not add up.

Does anyone acutally know what money is physically left? THey couldn't of gone threw all the reservers AND the continued revenue that was being generated.

Thread Information