• Raising Revenue Only

0 0%
  • A Responsible Combination of Raised Revenue & Spending Cuts

6 50.00%
  • Let The President Handle It Independent of Congress

0 0%
  • Just Let It All Fall Apart

3 25.00%
  • There is no crisis. Just pass it and carry on as usual.

0 0%

Thread: How Should The Debt Ceiling Crisis Be Resolved?

How Should The Debt Ceiling Crisis Be Resolved?

Or any other ideas?
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. No one is entitled to their own facts.

The Coburn plan.
    9 trillion in savings.
    7.5 trillion in cuts, 1.5 trillion from the DOD
    1.5 trillion of new revenue
    "I know you guys enjoy reading my stuff because it all makes sense. "

Dumbest post ever! Thanks for the laugh PO!

I see one way that this can be done. They must be forced to have a balanced budget. This will force them to make cuts and keep spending under control. They should not be allowed to spend more than they bring in except under extreme conditions.
    **free is a trademark of the current U.S. government.

A balanced budget solves the deficit problem, but not the debt problem.

I find it interesting people are worried about ending the wars because they cost $120 billion a year but no word on the debt costs which is now $215 billion a year and will be $400cool billion by 2020.
    "I know you guys enjoy reading my stuff because it all makes sense. "

Dumbest post ever! Thanks for the laugh PO!

Reed won't allow budget to the floor

Senator Reed (D) wont allow the House passed Bill to be debated on the floor of the Senate. Any problem with our Country's finical crisis should now be blamed on the present administration. When will Obama lead?
    Russia didn't make me vote for Trump, Hillary did.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Lackawanna View Post
    Senator Reed (D) wont allow the House passed Bill to be debated on the floor of the Senate. Any problem with our Country's finical crisis should now be blamed on the present administration. When will Obama lead?
    You DO know that Senator Reid is a member of the Senate, right? That is the Leglislative Branch. The President is the head of the Executive Branch. Obama cannot impose anything on the Congress. The Congress sets the budget and in fact, created this law which requires the debt ceiling in tHe first place.

I continue to marvel at this notion that Obama caused this debt crisis when he has actually no power to spend money. Only Congress can appropriate funds.

One of my Twitter feeds noted that we are once again headed towards the end of another fiscal year, so once this debt ceiling thing is over, it is only eight weeks till government funding ends again.

b.b.

Quote Originally Posted by BorderBob View Post
    You DO know that Senator Reid is a member of the Senate, right? That is the Leglislative Branch. The President is the head of the Executive Branch. Obama cannot impose anything on the Congress. The Congress sets the budget and in fact, created this law which requires the debt ceiling in tHe first place.

I continue to marvel at this notion that Obama caused this debt crisis when he has actually no power to spend money. Only Congress can appropriate funds.

One of my Twitter feeds noted that we are once again headed towards the end of another fiscal year, so once this debt ceiling thing is over, it is only eight weeks till government funding ends again.

b.b.
    BB people know the new world order will continue to vote a way to bankrupt our country. Every since 911 everything has escalated and they will blame it on Obama. This is why he was allowed to become president after bush ripped off this country with needless wars.

Can't Blame Bush

Quote Originally Posted by Bringthetruth View Post
    BB people know the new world order will continue to vote a way to bankrupt our country. Every since 911 everything has escalated and they will blame it on Obama. This is why he was allowed to become president after bush ripped off this country with needless wars.
    Using BB logic, how can you Blame President Bush for this country's problems?
    We all know the President is the head of the Executive Branch and cannot impose anything on the Congress.
    Russia didn't make me vote for Trump, Hillary did.

Obama bull

Quote Originally Posted by BorderBob View Post

b.b.
    So we are to believe that Obamacare was the responsibility of Reed and Pelosi and the Obama was just sitting around and playing golf while the process was happening. I know he is not the greatest leader this country has seen but it would be insane to believe that Reed or Pelosi had the intelligence to come up with anything more than political nonsense. Obama is the leader of the democratic party which when he was elected controlled both house of congress and the presidency. While passing some major legislation which they did not read and they couldn't find time to pass a budget. Meanwhile unemployment went over 9% and is holding there throughout the entire time that the administration was in control. Obama found time to spend 800 billion dollars for political pay back to his union friends calling that a stimulus program. Added a third war for this economy to absorb. Handled the Gulf Oil spill by closing drilling, costing us thousands of jobs and asuring that the price of oil would go over $100 a barrel while costing the US hundreds of billions in lost taxes. Then giving Mexico and Brazil 3 and 4 Billion dollars respectively for deep water drilling. Later he tells us the the stimulus was a waste because there was NO shovel ready jobs. Blames Bush for his stupidity claiming that he didn't realize the depth of the economic problem even though he was a member of congress during the Bush administration. Of course he was a no show for 2 years while collecting his pay to run for the presidency which he raised millions from the fat cats who he pretends to hate so that the morons in his party will believe that his a progressive left winger. Help bailout General Motors which should have gone the way of the Plymouth, Studibaker, Hudson etc. This cost the taxpayers billions with the 20 year tax free program given to GM. Came up with CASH for Clunkers to stimulate car sales for the now government owned car companies. This program only raised the price of good used cars. Have tried to buy a used car lately? He sues the state of Arizona over immigration laws even though he chose not to follow the US laws. He ended NASA as we know it now. He used the government to attack Boeing for building a plant in South Carolina to show support to his union backers. Thats right union are more important than jobs to this idiot. I guess the workers in So. Carolina don't count. I know it a small state and just a few electoral votes that will be offset by what he hopes are gains in Washington. I wonder where Boeing builds its next plant. My guess is Canada and more jobs lost.

The stock market is everywhere trying anticipate the next irrational move by this administration. Was the leader of this government while Standard and Poor dropped our bond rating. Wait until you see the cost to refinacing the national debt with bonds coming in September. Allowed QE1 and QE2 by the feds which has devalued the US dollar increasing the cost of goods like food. The devalued dollar is the reason the gasoline cost what it does. The US dollar is the accepted currancy of OPEC. When the dollar deflated by 30% the price of a barrel of oil goes up by 30%. You are dreaming if you think this guy is crying tears for you. The big winner is the state governments that have a percentage tax on gas. The higher the gas goes up the more money the state makes. Isn't the truth Governor Coumo. (he's another store for another time).

The fact that Obama does create the legislation is true but he has the power to veto. Unless you have the 60 percent over ride that should cause compromise. Compromising is imposible since the guy has no plan. I could on and on but really.

Excellant points.
    The libtards will answer these charges with;
    Bush
    Palin Teabaggers!

That's why I tend not to waste my breath on these left wing hacks anymore.
    Hillary will NEVER be President
    Obama is a FORMER President
    Joe Biden is in Scranton eating paste.

Quote Originally Posted by ILOVEDNY View Post
    That's why I tend not to waste my breath on these left wing hacks anymore.
    Ahh, were it only true...

b.b.

The problem with a balanced budget amendment is that if a Hurricane were to strike the Northeastern part of the USA, NYC, CT, RI and Boston it could literally do over 100 billion dollars in damage to those areas. I mean a category 4 would wipe out 8 of the largest insurance companies in the USA. Think of how many people live in that region.

Ok, so if we have a balanced budget amendment, then we would have to CUT something to get the money to send to those areas right? So we'd have to find where to cut, and then the targets of the cuts would want to say a few words and then it comes up for a vote to actually make the cuts. So if we needed MORE money in the coming weeks it would all have to start again.

Here is the kicker, what if Texas, Alabama, Missisippi, Georgia were all loosing Federal dollars, wouldn't those states have the right to be angry that it is now affecting them? So you could have a lot of reps voting against it to protect their states and districts.

A better answer is what Clinton and the GOP did from 94-2000. NO SPENDING THAT WAS NOT PAID FOR. No spending was allowed to be paid for with earmarks. That all went away in 2001. Just look at the costs of the AMT repeal? We never had a way to make up that revenue. Clinton was not afraid to veto a spending bill if he did not think that it was valid. He was never afraid to use his veto power. Bush did not veto one spending bill. It is what it is.

Thread Information