Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Higgins proposes community ownership for Bills

Quote Originally Posted by S.Walters
    Mr. Wilson said on ch.4 nes a few days ago people are leaveing Buffalo no jobs nothing is there no future......
    Truth Hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by Enough
    Truth Hurts?
    For a poor community, the worst football team over the past 10 years, and an owner who is not committed to winning its amazing the stadium always sells out.
    Peace Out Funky

Quote Originally Posted by Velvet Fog
    For a poor community, the worst football team over the past 10 years, and an owner who is not committed to winning its amazing the stadium always sells out.
    If you think about it, the Bills aren't that different than politics in general.

Every year a bunch of people believe whatever the Bills marketing machine tells them. They buy the pitch hook, line and sinker about all the potential the team has and the optimisum. You see them on TV getting interviewed yelling stuff like, "playoffs baby"! Or, "We're going all the way"!!! People vote with their hearts in polls at the start of the season and you hear stuff like "11-5" or, "10-6". Only to be disappointed at the end of the season.

Just like the politicians who say things like "I'm all about change" and "Blueprint for a better future". People rally around these people and also buy what they say hook, line and sinker.

I guess it isn't such a surprise. They same people thinking the Bills are going to the superbowl every year are the ones voting for our politicians......

Quote Originally Posted by Velvet Fog
    To bad it doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by bigpoppapuff
    apparently you've never been to utica or binghamton...not to mention a smaller ghost town like elmira ........walters...you continue to amaze us with your stupidity....
    Utica's actually not bad, but Binghamton is the pits
    Let me articulate this for you:
    "I'm not locked in here with them. They're locked in here with me!!"
    HipKat's Blog

I'm a little confused on the ownership issue. Mr. Wilson doesn't want to sell the Bills (I assume because of the HUGE capital gains issue) and doesn't want to leave it to his daughter(s?) because of inheritance taxes. Aside from taking them with him to where ever he is going ( ) what other possibilities are there?

Quote Originally Posted by cookie
    I'm a little confused on the ownership issue. Mr. Wilson doesn't want to sell the Bills (I assume because of the HUGE capital gains issue) and doesn't want to leave it to his daughter(s?) because of inheritance taxes. Aside from taking them with him to where ever he is going ( ) what other possibilities are there?
    I have read somewhere that he COULD leave it to his wife with "lesser" tax implications but that would cut out his children. (Ralph's wife is not the mother of his children). I've also read that his family has no interest in owning the team after Ralph passes. So the other option is selling the team after his death and willing the profits to his family members after his death.

I have read somewhere that he COULD leave it to his wife with "lesser" tax implications but that would cut out his children. (Ralph's wife is not the mother of his children). I've also read that his family has no interest in owning the team after Ralph passes. So the other option is selling the team after his death and willing the profits to his family members after his death.
    That makes sense. It wouldn't totally eliminate inheritance taxes, but reduce them, for sure.

I see channel 2 is now tossing Golisano's name around. It says he has been approached, but I wonder if that meant by the news or by groups looking to make some kind of offer.

Quote Originally Posted by cookie
    I see channel 2 is now tossing Golisano's name around. It says he has been approached, but I wonder if that meant by the news or by groups looking to make some kind of offer.
    Here is the article about Golisano's interest in the Bills.
    http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7...hem-in-Buffalo

On the other topic, Ralph could leave the team to his wife tax free, but he has said she is not interested. I wonder if he left the team to his wife tax free, and she married again, could she then leave it to her new husband upon her demise again tax free? If yes, we need to get a young WNYer to court Mary Wilson once Ralph passes on

Quote Originally Posted by bornandraised

On the other topic, Ralph could leave the team to his wife tax free, but he has said she is not interested. I wonder if he left the team to his wife tax free, and she married again, could she then leave it to her new husband upon her demise again tax free? If yes, we need to get a young WNYer to court Mary Wilson once Ralph passes on
    Ohhhhhh, I smell BPP all over this one!!!!!!!!

Ohhhhhh, I smell BPP all over this one!!!!!!!!
    Sorry, What is BPP?

Sorry, What is BPP?
    "Big Poppa Puff"

http://www.speakupwny.com/forums/member.php?u=1153

I guess this is what I don't understand... so she doesn't want the team, but who said she has to have any involvement. And through proper estate planning, the kids could be taken care of as well.

Thanks for the link.

If he only had a brain.....

What does it say of Higgins, when he proposes a resolution (community ownership) that will never happen? IMO he's a charlatan, he has conned us into believing he has intelligence and the ability to 'lead' this community.

I for one have become a non -believer from the Skyway to the Bills this guy continues to disappoint.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information