Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: School Board Members Pin Heads?

School Board Members Pin Heads?

Has any one given any thought to how much talent it takes to be on a school board? From where I sit all you need is a mask and a gun,the tools of the trade. I go to school board meetings and as soon as it gets to hot they go in to executive session. What goes on back there? I guess a lot of oral exams are given between the school board and the Superintendent .
    I just wanted your thoughts ? My school board is Niagara Wheat Field staffed by Idiots. We call em the New Taliban. There Favorite sport is lets raise taxes and kick some old people.I am right arent I Judy?

Cost of Education

If you divide the annual school budget ($ 800 million) by the total number of students (37,000) the answer is $ 22,000 per year per student.

What a deal ! Pay me half that and I'll have the kids dreaming calculus.
    It's not enough that we do our best; sometimes we have to do what's required. (Sir Winston Churchill)

See how many school board members have spouses/relatives that teach in other school districts. Conflict of interest, IMO.

Why dont the people who complain about school boards run for their seats? Other than Cgoodspeed who seems to be active and goes to his school board's meetings, how many others go to their board meetings regularly? Can you even name your school board members?

No one goes to county legislature meetings. No one goes to Town Board meetings. No one goes to Village Board meetings. And no one goes to School Board meetings. It is a fact of life. We, residents of WNY, elect people and then we complain about them after we elect them. Go to your meetings and challenge the boards if you think something isnt kosher.

Buffalo School Board Members :

At Large Members :

Dr Catherine F Collins (all ZIPs) 831-1134
    Mr Christopher L Jacobs " 881-2581
    Mrs Florence D Johnson " 885-4945

District Members

East : Mrs Vivian O Evans (14211, 14215) 834-6629

West : Mr Ralph Hernandez (14201, 14207, 14213) 881-1409

Central : Mrs Mary Ruth Kapsiak (14202, 14203, 14204, 14206, 14208)
    854-1509

North : Ms Catherine N Panepinto (14209, 14216, 14215) 885-3351

Ferry : Ms Papela Perry-Cahill (14208, 14214, 14215) 833-4616

Park : Mr Louis Petrucci (14210, 14220) 826-3043

Board of Education Office
    801 City Hall
    816-3570, -3568

In order to speak (3 min) at a public meeting, you have to get on the agenda by calling one of these Board of Education number.

What say you, Crabapple ?
    It's not enough that we do our best; sometimes we have to do what's required. (Sir Winston Churchill)

Hmm... what I say is good job at copying and pasting.

When was the last time you attended a school board meeting?

When was the last time you attended a school board meeting?
    Jan 23rd and 29th.

What about you ?

Quote Originally Posted by bflonum1fan
    Jan 23rd and 29th.

What about you ?
    I go to all of mine.

Quote Originally Posted by crabapples
    Why dont the people who complain about school boards run for their seats? Other than Cgoodspeed who seems to be active and goes to his school board's meetings, how many others go to their board meetings regularly? Can you even name your school board members?

No one goes to county legislature meetings. No one goes to Town Board meetings. No one goes to Village Board meetings. And no one goes to School Board meetings. It is a fact of life. We, residents of WNY, elect people and then we complain about them after we elect them. Go to your meetings and challenge the boards if you think something isnt kosher.
    I did,when I called the school board pres a Nazi,i was asked to leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Cgoodsp466
    I did,when I called the school board pres a Nazi,i was asked to leave.
    I have a camera, are you willing to get tazed by the cops?

Cgoodspeed, you really know how to be diplomatic ! Is the Nazi that you referred to Ruth Kasperczak ? Allegedly she is a good friend of Crystal Barton, the McKinley principal.

Maybe the reason they don't want to bring the firing of Michele Stiles into the investigation is that there is something personal that she doesn't want to be made public.

This whole thing smells like a cover-up starting to take place. I have written to the chancellor of the Regents to ask for a special investigation. As far as my call for a grand jury investigation, I'm not sure that will be adequate. DA Frank Clark's wife is a teacher in the Bflo schools, and no doubt, a BTF member and I don't know if it could be an impartial investigation. Maybe the state attorney general is where to start.

Quote Originally Posted by bflonum1fan
    Frank Clark's wife is a teacher in the Bflo schools, and no doubt, a BTF member and I don't know if it could be an impartial investigation. Maybe the state attorney general is where to start.
    All the teachers in my building think there's definitely something rotten in Denmark. Unless Frank's wife is at McKinley, I don't see a conflict of interest.
    1 Corinthians 13:1 "If I speak in the languages of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal."

Ah, but too many factors are in play for justice, most importantly Mr. Clark is up for re-election.

Unregistered
    I think it was Sam Clemens or Mark Twain that said
    "God made idiots and then he made School Boards to make idiots look smart"

School Boards are control by unions which are control by teachers (aka members)...and have no connection to the taxpayer or the student or to education.

which is why the board of education needs to be abolished and schools need tobe privatized

Speaking of school boards in general, in a small city like Tonawanda, if you disagree with the powers that be in a public meeting, you run a good chance of having your car keyed while it's parked in your driveway.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information