Thread: Prayers for the 1st #12.

Prayers for the 1st #12.

I know this isn't new news, but now Fergie has Pneumonia to go along with everything else.

And yes, Mesue, I do pray, just not to the Biblical God....

http://www.hickman.k12.ca.us/joef.html

Over the past 30 years, only two players have worn No. 12 for the Buffalo Bills: Jim Kelly and Joe Ferguson. Those two names are also atop most of Buffalo's all-time career passing lists. Ferguson was selected in the third round of the 1973 draft. This began a long career which held for 18 seasons.
    Joe Ferguson is now facing what may be considered one of his most difficult times in his lifetime. Joe was seen at M.D. Anderson Cancer Center in Houston on April 18th, 2005. After many tests, Joe was diagnosed with Stage 4 Burkitt's Lymphoma. This particular type of Burkitt's Lymphoma is a very aggressive and fast growing cancer and had already spread into Joe's chest, small intestines/colon and spine.

Joe has recently been diagnosed with Acute Myelogenous Leukemia (AML), a secondary cancer. Our doctor was not as positive as had been previously with the Burkitt's Lymphoma, but wanted to wait on a few more tests to decide the treatment. While they were running more tests we sent word out for prayer. Apparently, there are 8 subtypes of AML and when the tests came back, Joe had the best type he could have had, with the success rate improving quite a bit. Our 1st praise report!

Joe just finished the first round of chemotherapy, which consisted of 5 days in-patient, and has to remain in the Houston area for 30 days. After 3 weeks, they will retest his bone marrow to see if the Leukemia is in remission. If it is, they will continue with the chemotherapy for 6 more treatments, but they will be 4-day treatments and given as out-patient.
    Let me articulate this for you:
    "I'm not locked in here with them. They're locked in here with me!!"
    HipKat's Blog

I liked Joe Ferguson. He wasn't a Kemp, Larmonica, or Kelly, but he wasn't bad.

Quote Originally Posted by gshowell
    I liked Joe Ferguson. He wasn't a Kemp, Larmonica, or Kelly, but he wasn't bad.
    And a pretty stand up guy, too. Former teammates have had nothing but good to say of him over the years.

I think Conrad Dobler said in his book something to the effect that "If I was to walk into the nastiest bar in town, and see the only friendly face in there was Joe Ferguson, I'd know everything was OK."

I don't know how old most people on this board are, but I've been a Bills fan since I was 9 (1973), and let me tell you, Fergie was to this team, what Kelly was in the late 80's. The heart and souls, who would drag this entire team down the field on his back, if he had too.
    I really can't remember how active he was around town, but I know watching him play, especially that famous San Diego playoff game, was something.
    Let me articulate this for you:
    "I'm not locked in here with them. They're locked in here with me!!"
    HipKat's Blog

Ferg's the Best

I know Joe Ferguson and he is one of the finest human beings I have ever met. He is quiet and kind and well thought of by anyone who has ever known him. I am saddened by this turn of events with his health and will keep him in my prayers.

Thread Information