Thread: Amherst Beware! Town Board Members, serve the people!

Amherst Beware! Town Board Members, serve the people!

The Amherst comprehensive plan took several years to complete. Experts were consulted to study the present and future development of Amherst. It cost approximately $500,000. The plan was unanimously voted on and adopted in January 2007. How can it be that within months, this plan was ignored?

Over the past several months, person after person has come before you relating their Experiences of living in this area and/or predicting what would happen if this commercial development were allowed. The authors of the comprehensive plan recognized the potential for the same problems and advised against it.

The plan specifically designates certain areas around UB for mixed use development. Maple road is not one of them. In fact, it specifically says that commercial development should be prohibited in this area of maple road. Why is the town Council so quick to abandon the master plan and the people living in the area, as soon As a developer asks?

It begs the question, just who exactly is running this town? Transparently, this is reprehensible politics.

Any location, should not be considered until the numerous vacancies in Amherst are Filled. This proposal offers nothing new. Duplicating businesses will only redistribute the same money creating more vacancies. This will not attract people. This will not keep our children here. This will not lower our taxes. These promises have been made many times before. History has proven them to be empty.

It is hard to believe we have come to this point, if everyone read the comprehensive plan and FEIS. This should have been denied and defeated at the very Inception. It is a blatant violation of our town's comprehensive plan. It is a travesty of our system.

I encourage everyone to go to our website. (www.fairwaysblvd.com) Read our town's Comprehensive Plan, the FEIS and the response to the DEIS. All Amherst residents must understand what is happening here, how wrong it is and how a similar scenario could easily be played out in their neighborhood. The lengths a developer will go to silence the voice of the people, most affected by their development are deplorable.

Our elected officials allowing these tactics to prevail would be tragic. This is exactly what we are saying and doing. Are you all listening to us? We are the people that will suffer the consequences of this ill-advised and ill-conceived development.

JOIN OUR EMAIL LIST, STAY IN TOUCH REGARDING THIS MAPLE ROAD COMMERCIAL DEVELOPMENT.

The Fairways Group
    Attached Images Attached Images
    The Fairways Group
    http://www.fairwaysblvd.com

Great Project

This is the first time I have posted on this site and I am PUMPED! I read it every day but now I am going to respond.
    This project is great for Amherst and the region. The letter from Fairways is ignorant. The project absolutely benefits taxpayers to the tune of about $2million per year. While I feel bad for the 20 or so homeowners who may be impacted by the project - what about the other 116,000 Amherst residents who will benefit? Come on town board and taxpayers - don't let 50 people decide the fate of something so good for us all!!!!!!!!!!

Build It Now...quit Wastin Time And $$

Quote Originally Posted by pumped
    This is the first time I have posted on this site and I am PUMPED! I read it every day but now I am going to respond.
    This project is great for Amherst and the region. The letter from Fairways is ignorant. The project absolutely benefits taxpayers to the tune of about $2million per year. While I feel bad for the 20 or so homeowners who may be impacted by the project - what about the other 116,000 Amherst residents who will benefit? Come on town board and taxpayers - don't let 50 people decide the fate of something so good for us all!!!!!!!!!!
    HEY...WHAT A coincidence....JUST LIKE IN BUFFALO.
    ONE lawsuit= more important than 200,000 people!

- snip -

...20 or so homeowners who may be impacted by the project...

- snip -
    And you're calling someone else "ignorant". Wowsy.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    DOes this mean all the home owners will get a 2 million dollar reduction on thier property taxes because of the 2 mil this project might generate?

If the homeowners see no financial benefit do your best to stop the project. No reason for you to put up with the traffic.

You a town employee? or just a suckup.gif

Thread Information