Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone other than Ted Morton running for our supervisor?

Tony Fracasso - Admin

Anyone other than Ted Morton running for our supervisor?

Mary really cares for Cheektowaga but we need a new supervisor. One issue we have in Cheektowaga is most of the elected positions are all friends over so many years... We will never get any changes in labor contracts as long as we have the same crew in office...

Who else is running for town board.... Charley is fine... we need more on board...

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post

Mary really cares for Cheektowaga but we need a new supervisor. One issue we have in Cheektowaga is most of the elected positions are all friends over so many years... We will never get any changes in labor contracts as long as we have the same crew in office...

Who else is running for town board.... Charley is fine... we need more on board...

Charlie wheels and deals just like the rest of them to get his buddys and neighbors on full time

Originally posted by WNYresident:

TOWN OF CHEEKTOWAGA
    PARTY
    DATE RECEIVED
    Supervisor
    Mary F. Holtz
    D
    7/13
    Ted B. Morton
    R
    7/14
    Mary F. Holtz
    C
    7/12
    Mary F. Holtz
    W
    7/14
    Ted B. Morton
    I
    7/14
    Councilman - Three to be Elected
    Charles C. Markel
    D
    7/13
    Jeff Swiatek
    D
    7/13
    Richard A. Zydel
    D
    7/13
    Roger Heymanowski
    R
    7/14
    Joseph J. Mesler
    R
    7/14
    Angela M. Wozniak
    R
    7/14
    Roger Heymanowski
    C
    7/12
    Joseph J. Mesler
    C
    7/12
    Angela M. Wozniak
    C
    7/12
    Charles C. Markel
    C
    7/12
    Jeff Swiatek
    C
    7/12
    Richard A. Zydel
    C
    7/12
    Charles C. Markel
    W
    7/14
    Jeff Swiatek
    W
    7/14
    Richard A. Zydel
    W
    7/14
    Roger Heymanowski
    I
    7/14
    Joseph J. Mesler
    I
    7/14
    Angela M. Wozniak
    I
    7/14

Georgia L Schlager

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Benjamin View Post

Charlie wheels and deals just like the rest of them to get his buddys and neighbors on full time
    Sight some examples.. I play no favorites...

I hate to differ, when town government has all friends running certain departments without change in year after year and it goes on for like 20-30 years or more things can change when all those friends all die off. This is the only way change will happen with the buddy system in town government otherwise, move to a new town.

Riven37
    _________
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent. Thomas Jefferson

-

I like to see some of the big mouths here run for town board instead of bit*hing about the people running this town. I cannot run for town board because I’m disabled and would most likely kick butt before I agree on a budget LOL if you know what I mean …I take no BS on any level.
    Riven37
    _________
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent. Thomas Jefferson

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Riven37 View Post
    I hate to differ, when town government has all friends running certain departments without change in year after year and it goes on for like 20-30 years or more things can change when all those friends all die off. This is the only way change will happen with the buddy system in town government otherwise, move to a new town.
    A agree with you 100%.. That is why everyone has to work to put new people on the board. I know these people care about the town but for the most part they care more about their compensation than anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Benjamin View Post

benny, right on.. big yes man follows the leader holtz and swiatek stand on your own two feet charlie no big loss if he goes..
    God must love stupid people; He made so many

Quote Originally Posted by Riven37 View Post
    I like to see some of the big mouths here run for town board instead of bit*hing about the people running this town. I cannot run for town board because I’m disabled and would most likely kick butt before I agree on a budget LOL if you know what I mean …I take no BS on any level.
    At least one of us has!
    **free is a trademark of the current U.S. government.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by cheekman View Post
    benny, right on.. big yes man follows the leader holtz and swiatek stand on your own two feet charlie no big loss if he goes..
    He questions what they are up to. Would you rather have a charlie or Jeff or that fort leader as a council person worse case?

He questions what they are up to. Would you rather have a charlie or Jeff or that fort leader as a council person worse case?
    Charlie. At least he gets stuff done.

I hope that the people of Cheektowaga consider one or more of the new candidates. Conservatives like Angela Wozniak, Joe Mesler and Roger Heymanowski should be considered. It is conservative that will bring the Town back from the high taxes and away from all the nepotism.

Quote Originally Posted by mikenold View Post
    I hope that the people of Cheektowaga consider one or more of the new candidates. Conservatives like Angela Wozniak, Joe Mesler and Roger Heymanowski should be considered. It is conservative that will bring the Town back from the high taxes and away from all the nepotism.
    No matter who you elect taxes in Cheektowaga will stay high. Cheektowaga has a much smaller tax base than other towns. If you assume the cost of running government is relatively fixed based on population and infrastructure needs, how do you expect taxes to be comparable to a town like Amherst when the median home value in Amherst is $157,000 and it is only $91,000 in Cheektowaga?

Quote Originally Posted by TheDude View Post
    No matter who you elect taxes in Cheektowaga will stay high. Cheektowaga has a much smaller tax base than other towns. If you assume the cost of running government is relatively fixed based on population and infrastructure needs, how do you expect taxes to be comparable to a town like Amherst when the median home value in Amherst is $157,000 and it is only $91,000 in Cheektowaga?
    Just take a look at the budgets for the Cheektowaga and Amherst. From what you have said, Amherst should be higher.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDude View Post

We then we need to decide how our money is budgeted. Right now the "technical" loop holes allow our employees to work on "Retirement Jackpots" over time have to go away along with the "overtime" bull****. Not the "real" needed overtime.

We definitely pay some of our employees far too much based on the efficiency we are receiving from various departments.

Example... we are paying someone in the sanitation department upwards of 100,000 grand a year to deliver garbage pickup services about 40% higher than what other towns are paying. Gotta go. Simple as that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information