Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cheektowaga Police to survey Cheektowaga schools directly via cameras

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    Are these people new hires?
    res, meyers lots of family (family and friends net.) working in the town (kennny meyers former town supervisor) thats one of two kids working in the town sewer dept over 20 years in the town. dudek two sons work in the sewer one is a boss... mother of former tax receiver joan dudek sprada have many town employees father former asst highway super. and road boss..res these people are all over the place i can't even keep track the F&F net should have their own personal dept.....
    God must love stupid people; He made so many

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I read in the Bee they spent 30,000 for microwave equipment to transmit the video to the station. Couldn't they have just streamed a feed from the camera over the internet? Versus having the maintenance cost and extra microwave equipment?

I don't think the idea having someone sitting at the station occasionally looking at video from the schools will make a difference or is worth the money spent. You won't stop anything from happening. It's gonna happen in front of a camera anyways so what is the point? Maybe save 72 hours of video so if something does happen you have some proof.
    I don't think the idea is to stop something from happening as much as it is to provide intelligence IF something happens the cops have to respond to. Could be a big help to be able to tell the coppers where a bad guy is in a big building as they are pulling up.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by crabbyapple View Post
    I don't think the idea is to stop something from happening as much as it is to provide intelligence IF something happens the cops have to respond to. Could be a big help to be able to tell the coppers where a bad guy is in a big building as they are pulling up.
    How many time over the last 50 years has this been an issue? Is there that much crime happening now in schools that it was needed?

How about instead of taking the word of the local papers who die for stories like this and get paid to twist stories to draw in readers, everyone goes to their local school boards at their monthly meetings and just ask about this?!

The power of a direct, public question!

The prison-like atmosphere at government schools is intensified.

Pull your kids out of these horrible daytime prisons before another year goes by.

Are the videotapes going to part of your kids' "permanent record." Ha. Ha.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Ostrowski View Post
    Are the videotapes going to part of your kids' "permanent record." Ha. Ha.
    more and more... laws in this state and crap like this leads....Gestapo States

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by CheektowagaPol View Post
    How about instead of taking the word of the local papers who die for stories like this and get paid to twist stories to draw in readers, everyone goes to their local school boards at their monthly meetings and just ask about this?!

The power of a direct, public question!
    There are certain things you would believe would be common sense when it comes to decision making.

What was twisted?

Was $30,000 spent for microwave equipment to beam back a signal to the stations? Yes or no? Federal money or not it was still money spent along with what ever funds will be required for maintenance/monitoring.

Will there be additional people required to monitor the video screens? Is there currently someone now monitoring existing video screens for cameras located in various parts of our town or will there now be a "school video monitor technician"?

Here is apparently what the town board needs to learn. Our taxes to live in our town are higher per 100,000 home value than most areas. There is a reason for that. Bad management and bad contract negotiation. What else could it be? It's not like we have natural disasters that are costing our town 1,000,000's every year..

Remember the BS about how having all the big box stores/galleria would keep property taxes in line? Didn't work out that way now did it.

There are certain things you would believe would be common sense when it comes to decision making.

What was twisted?

Was $30,000 spent for microwave equipment to beam back a signal to the stations? Yes or no? Federal money or not it was still money spent along with what ever funds will be required for maintenance/monitoring.

Will there be additional people required to monitor the video screens? Is there currently someone now monitoring existing video screens for cameras located in various parts of our town or will there now be a "school video monitor technician"?

Here is apparently what the town board needs to learn. Our taxes to live in our town are higher per 100,000 home value than most areas. There is a reason for that. Bad management and bad contract negotiation. What else could it be? It's not like we have natural disasters that are costing our town 1,000,000's every year..

Remember the BS about how having all the big box stores/galleria would keep property taxes in line? Didn't work out that way now did it.
    Why are you posing the questions here? Take this list and go to your local school boards. Their superintendents will have the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by CheektowagaPol View Post
    Why are you posing the questions here? Take this list and go to your local school boards. Their superintendents will have the answer.
    i wouldn't give you two cents for school boards they are like town boards or worse.. thats all they know how to do is raise taxes....

and questions are asked here because its a public forum and politicians hate this....... why because they can not control it.

Quote Originally Posted by cheekman View Post
    i wouldn't give you two cents for school boards they are like town boards or worse.. thats all they know how to do is raise taxes....

and questions are asked here because its a public forum and politicians hate this....... why because they can not control it.
    ...a tale Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, Signifying nothing.” -William Shakespeare

And accomplishing little. I agree with the guy who said to go confront the decision makers if this bothers you. See what they have to say about it. The impression I get here is that this is a group of gossip hens who like to gripe a lot but accomplish little.

...a tale Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, Signifying nothing.” -William Shakespeare

And accomplishing little. I agree with the guy who said to go confront the decision makers if this bothers you. See what they have to say about it. The impression I get here is that this is a group of gossip hens who like to gripe a lot but accomplish little.

oh boy struck another nerve..

have you ever went to a town board meeting and griped or a school board meeting and griped... thes people will shut you down in a matter of mins. and then raise your taxes check your tax bill over the last ten years. school and town they all work together... oh ya crabby go to a meeting.

If you would look into a lot of the stuff that is posted on this thread it would be true. Go to a town board meeting! You will meet the idiot that sits in the front row with no teeth complaining about the town work force every damn meeting.

As for the school board, it's for the children.

Quote Originally Posted by Ileftchktg View Post
    If you would look into a lot of the stuff that is posted on this thread it would be true. Go to a town board meeting! You will meet the idiot that sits in the front row with no teeth complaining about the town work force every damn meeting.

As for the school board, it's for the children.
    ilch, the lady you speak of is ms.Tioronda she anti everything in the town. i went a meeting not to long ago and just laughed.... a joke.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information