Thread: President Obama's Response to S&P's Downgrade

President Obama's Response to S&P's Downgrade

I have to admit that President Obama makes me nervous because I believe his vision for America is contrary to our core values of hard work, self-reliance, and free markets. After S&P downgraded our credit score, he said America was still AAA. I interpreted this as the President stating that "America is what I say it is." He is disregarding S&P's rating because HE does not agree with it. This has somewhat of a dictatorial ring to it. It may also give some insight to his negotiating tactics. Mr. Obama may be the one blocking compromise because of his rigid ideology. I'm angry at the Republicans also.

Then you may be relieved to know that others also disagree with the S&P downgrade, including financial analysts.

So what's the point in having the rating? Is it not like my credit score? I can disagree with it all i want, but it is what it is. If I have a history of bankruptcy, I'm paying more for interest.

We should be downgraded. It's probably 20+ years too late. We have a spending problem that is accompanied by a borrowing problem.
    But hey, the answer is more entitlements for the takers and more pain for the makers!

It's a good thing Geitner assured us we wouldn't be downgraded...

Thread Information