Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I guess free cell phones are going to become the norm

Like most folks in this country, I have a job. I work, they pay me. I pay my taxes & the government distributes my taxes as it sees fit. In order to get that paycheck, in my case, I am required to pass a random urine test (with which I have no problem). What I do have a problem with is the distribution of my taxes to people who don't have to pass a urine test.

So, here is my question: Shouldn't one have to pass a urine test to get a welfare check or free phone because I have to pass one to earn it for them?

Please understand, I have no problem with helping people get back on their feet. I do, on the other hand, have a problem with helping someone sitting on their BUTT----doing drugs while I work. Can you imagine how much money each state would save if people had to pass a urine test to get a public assistance check?

I guess we could call the program: "URINE OR YOU'RE OUT"!

P.S...Just a thought, all politicians should have to pass a urine test too. Lord knows they couldn't pass an IQ test!

Like most folks in this country, I have a job. I work, they pay me. I pay my taxes & the government distributes my taxes as it sees fit. In order to get that paycheck, in my case, I am required to pass a random urine test (with which I have no problem). What I do have a problem with is the distribution of my taxes to people who don't have to pass a urine test.

So, here is my question: Shouldn't one have to pass a urine test to get a welfare check or free phone because I have to pass one to earn it for them?

Please understand, I have no problem with helping people get back on their feet. I do, on the other hand, have a problem with helping someone sitting on their BUTT----doing drugs while I work. Can you imagine how much money each state would save if people had to pass a urine test to get a public assistance check?

P.S...Just a thought, all politicians should have to pass a urine test too. Lord knows they couldn't pass an IQ test!

Quote Originally Posted by hfd170 View Post

LOL THAT'S my quote for the day!
    Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.
    Plato

Thiis is Net 10

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	scan0001.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	74.4 KB 
ID:	3577 Has anyone seen a better Cell Phone plan? This is Net 10 and you can get it at many local stores.
    Last edited by Jerry A; September 25th, 2011 at 06:08 PM. Reason: Add information

Quote Originally Posted by hfd170 View Post

If you have to get a urinalysis on a regular basis at your employer, you need to find a better employer. One that isn't so invasive when it comes to what you do on your free time.

And, if Florida's drug testing program is indicative of results around the nation, it would cost far more to implement and manage, than we would save.
    Raptor Jesus: He went extinct for your sins.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by NBuffaloResident View Post
    If you have to get a urinalysis on a regular basis at your employer, you need to find a better employer. One that isn't so invasive when it comes to what you do on your free time.

And, if Florida's drug testing program is indicative of results around the nation, it would cost far more to implement and manage, than we would save.
    Your wrong.

Lets say you a crack addict on your free time? That can effect your performance at work. Lets say you are an alcoholic on your free time to the point it effects you work performance.. The employer is just covering their butt incase the employee hurts themselves on the job.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information