I found this article quite Interesting:

Negative Images of Ghetto Blacks are a highly profitable medium of entertainment in todays society. It is really sad to think, but it could be argued that a poor, uneducated, thuggish, dangerous black man is the most profitable image displayed on tv. It certainly brings in some of the highest margins in terms of overall profit for any media outlet. This goes for whites who produce movies about blacks and even more so for blacks who produce movies for blacks. Let's also not forget the tv shows "I love New York," Flava Flay, and Rev Run's house (seriously they couldn't do a series about economically upper class educated blacks like Ken Chenault and his family?

It wouldn't sell !

I've always asked the question why would a black want to produce such trash about themsevles or another black? Well, the answer is simple and revolves around economics. It is simply much more profitable to sell tickets of Denzel Washington as a big time drug dealer than it is as Doctor with a family.
I guess the 80's and the Cosbys and the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air provided us with a few anaomlies in positive black programming.

It all comes down to economics. Currently not matter what we do blacks have yet to say no to this crap and whites who weld considerably more purchasing power have yet to say no. It is almost a no win.

The single reason hip-hop has reached the heights it reached today is because of white teenagers, adults, and children. They buy this music like its the cure for aids and they have made many a poor black uneducated thug rich.

Why cut off the gravy train and make a cultural statment by saying this is not who we are as a group? The money invested in the image of failure, drugs, crime, and poverty is too profitable for the Jay-Z, Puffy Daddies, Russell Simons, Jimmy Ivins, and other executives in the entertainment industry to let go. Marketing blacks as educated well adjusted law abiding citizens does not sell 5 million copies. If it Did 50 Cents certainly wouldn't be rich and Will Smith would always be the number 1 rapper. The thug-culture of failure is too profitable to stop.

I hate to say this, but there's a lot of money in being an ignorant .

However, watching some ignorant guy like Flavor Flay get on tv is highly entertaining. . It sells tickets and advertising dollars. I'd even go as far as to say the ignorant black thug is a lot better for business than the educated black man (that is to the entertainment business) clearly wall-street would want the boring educated one. We are really at the mercy of what white teenagers love when you really think about it. They love their blacks thuggy, poor, and uneducated, and they love thier girls slutty, trashy, and rich. Just look at two of the biggest pop Icons over the last few years Brittany Spears and 50 Cent.