Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why Does Black/Thug Culture Get So Much Media Exposure

Jack-In-The-Box
    Quote Originally Posted by Bringthetruth
    We are really at the mercy of what white teenagers love when you really think about it. They love their blacks thuggy, poor, and uneducated, and they love thier girls slutty, trashy, and rich. Just look at two of the biggest pop Icons over the last few years Brittany Spears and 50 Cent.
    Notice how the blame is always shifted to the white people.

i still wanna know who flava flay is......any relation to bobby flay,the famous chef??

Quote Originally Posted by Harlem World
    BTT- What's your source???
    youtube, remember?
    Let me articulate this for you:
    "I'm not locked in here with them. They're locked in here with me!!"
    HipKat's Blog

Quote Originally Posted by HipKat
    youtube, remember?
    The YouTube cut/paste was the King Tut National Geographic thread.

I can't find the article BTT referenced in this thread. I can only imagine it's origin. It's full of grammar and punctuation errors, leading me to believe it's some kind of junior high term paper or current events paper, or something BTT wrote himself.

One can only wonder? BTT?
    PUGS !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bringthetruth
    I found this article quite Interesting:

Negative Images of Ghetto Blacks are a highly profitable medium of entertainment in todays society. It is really sad to think, but it could be argued that a poor, uneducated, thuggish, dangerous black man is the most profitable image displayed on tv. It certainly brings in some of the highest margins in terms of overall profit for any media outlet. This goes for whites who produce movies about blacks and even more so for blacks who produce movies for blacks. Let's also not forget the tv shows "I love New York," Flava Flay, and Rev Run's house (seriously they couldn't do a series about economically upper class educated blacks like Ken Chenault and his family?

It wouldn't sell !

I've always asked the question why would a black want to produce such trash about themsevles or another black? Well, the answer is simple and revolves around economics. It is simply much more profitable to sell tickets of Denzel Washington as a big time drug dealer than it is as Doctor with a family.
    I guess the 80's and the Cosbys and the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air provided us with a few anaomlies in positive black programming.

It all comes down to economics. Currently not matter what we do blacks have yet to say no to this crap and whites who weld considerably more purchasing power have yet to say no. It is almost a no win.

The single reason hip-hop has reached the heights it reached today is because of white teenagers, adults, and children. They buy this music like its the cure for aids and they have made many a poor black uneducated thug rich.

Why cut off the gravy train and make a cultural statment by saying this is not who we are as a group? The money invested in the image of failure, drugs, crime, and poverty is too profitable for the Jay-Z, Puffy Daddies, Russell Simons, Jimmy Ivins, and other executives in the entertainment industry to let go. Marketing blacks as educated well adjusted law abiding citizens does not sell 5 million copies. If it Did 50 Cents certainly wouldn't be rich and Will Smith would always be the number 1 rapper. The thug-culture of failure is too profitable to stop.

I hate to say this, but there's a lot of money in being an ignorant .

However, watching some ignorant guy like Flavor Flay get on tv is highly entertaining. . It sells tickets and advertising dollars. I'd even go as far as to say the ignorant black thug is a lot better for business than the educated black man (that is to the entertainment business) clearly wall-street would want the boring educated one. We are really at the mercy of what white teenagers love when you really think about it. They love their blacks thuggy, poor, and uneducated, and they love thier girls slutty, trashy, and rich. Just look at two of the biggest pop Icons over the last few years Brittany Spears and 50 Cent.

Actually, not a bad post, however, the # of black kids following the Rap/urban trend far outweighs the white kids that do.
    Let me articulate this for you:
    "I'm not locked in here with them. They're locked in here with me!!"
    HipKat's Blog

Quote Originally Posted by BringTheTruth
    Originally Posted by Bringthetruth
    I love when truth slaps you around a bit, that you start foaming at the mouth like a crazed dog.

Then you look both ways and bark" where's BTT" ROFL@Fisherpricetoys

So you finally cite an article, and now you're credible? You're still a hack. You didn't even cite the article properly by posting the source or link, and you haven't formed an argument in your own words and opinion to defend the "article" you posted. You're still not "bringing it".

Where's the article from? It's full of grammatical errors. It's written like it came from the Niagara Falls High School newspaper.

How come you can't step up and admit you're a half-wit, unable to provide sources and unable to compose an argument. Hell, you can't even manage a proper sentence half the time. Blame the racist schools.
    My 7 years niece has written better stuff than you, and she knows not plagiarize!!!
    Last edited by Harlem World; February 3rd, 2008 at 02:15 PM.
    PUGS !!!

If that's a real article from a credible source, I'll eat my hat. The grammar and spelling are atrocious.

Question

REMEMBER CARDILLO!!!!
    Can you tell me what this is about Harlem World?

Quote Originally Posted by buffy

until daniel answers,buffy......

The "Harlem Mosque Incident"
    April 14, 1972, was one of the darkest days in the NYPD history. Patrolmen Phil Cardillo and Vito Navarra were riding in 28 sector George. They were the first RMP to respond to a '10-13 on the second floor' at
    102 West 116 Street.

After arriving and entering the building, which was a mosque, they questioned about 10 Muslims at the front desk about the call. Suddenly, the Muslims shouted, "Allah Akhbar" more Muslims came from rooms, then the officers were beaten and stomped by numerous black Muslims.

A minute or two later Patrolmen Vic Padilla and Ivan Negron of the 25 pct arrived and when also badly beaten and knocked to the ground. Navarra was able to crawl to the front door which was then slammed shut by the Muslims. He told the responding cops, that Cardillo was still inside. Thru a small window in the front door Cops could see Cardillo on the floor being kicked by the surrounding mob. Padilla was down and being stomped and his gun was taken. Ptl. Negron was being beaten and he was fighting off numerous hands that were attempting to rip the gun from his holster.

One of the Muslims, six foot four and 260 pounds, Louis 17X Dupree grabbed Cardillos gun, ripped it from the holster and fired a round into Cardillo. The cops at the front door smashed the glass and afraid of hitting the fallen cops, fired five rounds over the heads of the Muslims. Padilla, seeing Louis Dupree running with the gun, fired three rounds. More 10-13's are called.

The cops broke in the front door. The seventeen Muslims ran to the basement. Cops flooded through the door and chased the fleeing Muslims down the stairs. The cops had them against the wall and began searching for the missing guns. Cardillo is removed to St. Lukes hospital. At the same time outside the mosque, a large crowd of about a thousand locals, begin to riot.

Cars were overturned, bricks are coming of the roofs, and cops and media people are being assaulted. While this is going on, Deputy Chief Inspector William Knapp arrives, and went into the basement and spoke with Inspector John Haugh the 28 pct CO. Insp. Haugh had responded to the
    10-13. He told the cops to guard the prisoners.

Knapp called Commissioner Pat Murphy and advised him of the turmoil inside and outside the mosque. While Knapp is talking on the phone, he heard shouting. He turned and saw Louis Farrakhan and Charlie Rangel leading a large group of Muslims down the basement stairs. Farrakhan is shouting that all the cops must leave the temple. Knapp tells Haugh to move to the street.

Now Deputy Commissioner Ben Ward arrives, with Farrakhan at his side, he shouts to the superior officers that the cops immediately leave the mosque. The crime scene was abandoned. Farrakhan and Rangel are shouting to the superior officers "if you stay, there is nothing we can do to protect you. You'll be overrun. There'll be rioting. People may be killed." Farrakhan and Rangel 'promise' that the prisoners would come to the24 pct. At five o'clock to be questioned. Do you think anyone showed up? Phil Cardillo died six days later. Mayor John Lindsay and Commissioner Pat Murphy did NOT attend the funeral.

A few days after Cardillo was buried. Deputy Commissioner Ben Ward was quoted in the Amsterdam news: I believe that my investigation has pointed out, at east to my satisfaction, that there were some errors made on the part of the police. For the errors, and for the consequence of those errors, I apologize to minister Farrakhan."

and...........

January 27th, 2008, 02:14 AM #8
    Harlem World
    Gold Member

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dr Funky
    So you're going to blame an entire group of people on what one person did?

The Phillip Cardillo assassination is a very sore subject with me. It happened where I work, and I just finished reading "Murder At The Harlem Mosque". I'm currently reading "Circle Of Six". I don't blame the Nation of Islam as a whole, but this also wasn't the action of one individual. The crime, from start to finish, and beyond, was a group effort, and it was a very sad betrayal of trust by the NYPD, bowing to the pressure of Farrakhan & Rangel. (It was the only NYPD line of duty funeral not attended by either the Mayor or the Police Commissioner.)
    Incidents of this nature were, unfortunately, very common in 1971, and although attitudes have changed in time, there are still too many people that sympathize with the Nation of Islam's behavior and actions in this incident, enough to make me wonder when they will use their influence again to attack us. Just my opinion.

PS - were you aware of the incident, or did you have to look it up? Props to you for knowing about it, or learning about it.

REMEMBER CARDILLO!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by buffy
    Buffy, this occurred 35 years ago in the precinct next to where I work. It is still a very sore subject in the NYPD and is commonly referred to as the day the job sold us out. There was a book published about the story called "Murder At The Harlem Mosque" That book is out of print, and the Nation of Islam has been buying all of the copies so the story doesn't get told. The book goes for several hundred dollars online. In 2006, a book called "Circle of Six" was released, telling of the pact that was made by the Nation of Islam, NYPD, and NYC Mayor to squash the investigation of the assassination of Officer Cardillo.

Police Officer Phillip W. Cardillo
    New York City Police Department
    New York
    End of Watch: Thursday, April 20, 1972

Biographical Info
    Tour of Duty: 5 years
    Badge Number: 26620

Incident Details
    Cause of Death: Gunfire
    Date of Incident: Friday, April 14, 1972
    Weapon Used: Gun; Unknown type
    Suspect Info: Not available

Officer Philip Cardillo died of wounds he received when he was shot after responding to an officer needs assistance call.

When Officer Cardillo arrived at the location which was a Muslim Mosque, he and another officer entered to investigate. They found that the call was false and was called in by the members of the mosque. The officers were then attacked by at least 10 people inside the mosque. When additional officers arrived, a mêlée ensued, in which Officer Cardillo was shot at point blank range and several officers were seriously injured.

Officer Cardillo was brought to Saint Luke's Hospital, where he underwent several surgeries, but he died from his wound six days later.

Officer Cardillo had served with the New York City Police Department for five years, and is survived by his wife and son. He was assigned to the 28th Precinct.
    PUGS !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ms.Depew.to.you
    If that's a real article from a credible source, I'll eat my hat. The grammar and spelling are atrocious.
    Too bad we'll never know for sure. BTT, care to bring the truth on this one?
    PUGS !!!

Too bad we'll never know for sure. BTT, care to bring the truth on this one?
    Don't hold your breathe.......
    If it weren't for the United States Military, there would be NO United States of America !

Quote Originally Posted by JustRetired
    Don't hold your breathe.......
    he is probably home cutting and pasting different parts of different articles together to post
    "PAY POLICE LIKE YOUR LIFE DEPENDS ON IT"
    "WE ARE HERE TO PROTECT YOUR ASS NOT KISS IT"
    "DOWN WITH BROWN"

Quote Originally Posted by unioncop
    he is probably home cutting and pasting different parts of different articles together to post
    ...or jacking a 7th graders term paper to post online. Oh wait, this last article looks like he already did.
    PUGS !!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information