Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why Does Black/Thug Culture Get So Much Media Exposure

Quote Originally Posted by FisherRd
    You should refrain from commenting on things you obviously don't know about.
    You should be more specific.
    The evil hide even when no one is chasing them.- Proverbs

Quote Originally Posted by Stevenco
    You should be more specific.

Specifically meaning if you are going to follow my posts around like a puppy dog and stupidly claim, or allude that I'm a cop then you should refrain from doing so because you look like a ****ing idiot.

Specifically meaning if you are going to follow my posts around like a puppy dog and stupidly claim, or allude that I'm a cop then you should refrain from doing so because you look like a ****ing idiot.
    Oh good. I'm glad you're not a cop because they shouldn't allow your attitude on the force. Racist AND angry.
    I know you're angry because you typed a swear word. Sometimes people get mad and blurt it out, but you can't even refrain from typing your
    emotional instability.

Oh good. I'm glad you're not a cop because they shouldn't allow your attitude on the force. Racist AND angry.
    I know you're angry because you typed a swear word. Sometimes people get mad and blurt it out, but you can't even refrain from typing your
    emotional instability.
    Why bypass the language filters? You out of anyone should know that this place has rules.

Oh, and calling somebody a racist via the net is really clever, and oh so hurtful. Did you think that up all by your lonesome?

Why bypass the language filters? You out of anyone should know that this place has rules.

Oh, and calling somebody a racist via the net is really clever, and oh so hurtful. Did you think that up all by your lonesome?
    Because swearing is immature and makes you look like the foolish one.
    As does your prejudice.

Because swearing is immature and makes you look like the foolish one.
    As does your prejudice.

Do you realy think the creepy old man posting bikini pictures and referencing boobs should be talking about maturity and looking like a fool?

Everyone has prejudices. I'm prejudiced against creepy old coots. What's that got to do with racism?

Do you realy think the creepy old man posting bikini pictures and referencing boobs should be talking about maturity and looking like a fool?

Everyone has prejudices. I'm prejudiced against creepy old coots. What's that got to do with racism?
    No. You're prejiduce against blacks. It's clear.
    You're the first to call me creepy.
    Boobs are way more mature than prejudice and vulgarity.
    You're offended by bikinis, too?
    You got issues.

No. You're prejiduce against blacks. It's clear.
    You're the first to call me creepy.
    Boobs are way more mature than prejudice and vulgarity.
    You're offended by bikinis, too?
    You got issues.

I'm prejudiced against race baiters and apologists. I don't candy coat my opinions to prevent the sensitive sallies from getting offended.

I seriously doubt I'm the fist person to call an old guy who is fascinated with posting bikini pictures and continually chatting up boobs via the net "creepy", but if it makes you feel like less of a loser than that's no skin off of my ass.

Who said anything about being offended?

No. I am loved in person. 42 is not old. It's the new 32

Quote Originally Posted by Bringthetruth
    I found this article quite Interesting:
    Interesting article. However I disagree with the author's including Run's House with the likes of Flava Flav. Have you seen Run's House? I think his family breaks ghetto culture stereotypes all the time. They make their living from the hip hop industry (and not the negative side of it either), but there is nothing thug about them at all.
    1 Corinthians 13:1 "If I speak in the languages of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal."

I love when truth slaps you around a bit, that you start foaming at the mouth like a crazed dog.

Then you look both ways and bark" where's BTT" ROFL@Fisherpricetoys
    So you finally cite an article, and now you're credible? You're still a hack. You didn't even cite the article properly by posting the source or link, and you haven't formed an argument in your own words and opinion to defend the "article" you posted. You're still not "bringing it".

Where's the article from? It's full of grammatical errors. It's written like it came from the Niagara Falls High School newspaper.
    PUGS !!!

Trying hard to empathize with the stupid stereotypes blacks must endure.
    Sure that most African Americans are disgusted, ashamed and embarassed by a relative FEW RICH imbeciles "representing" American Blacks.

"It IS all about the money" and honestly, the record, TV & movie industries are a JOKE compared to the profits made by the oil companies, pharmaceuticals and war profiteers,
    so why can't the entertainment industry be held accountable for reinforcing ugly, out-dated stereotypes?

"The Fresh Prince Of Bel Air" was really tame and did well

"In Living Color" had some filhty humor, sure, but it didn't make blacks out to be criminals, yet THAT show prospered

But yeah, you have so many STUPID white kids, often suburbanites trying to "be black" and looking even DUMBER than they ALREADY DO!!!

Simple DUH economics: No market-No product and/or service

But rap and its surrounding "culture" was predicted to die a quiet death years ago and its thriving more than ever

I can't totally empathize with a black person, but man, if I was trying my best to eke out a decent life and had to deal with most people assuming me to be a "thug" or "dangerous," I'd not only be insulted, but a lot of my fury;Righteous anger would be directed at the "role models" in TV, movies and music that keep "reminding" the shallow public that
    "blacks are dangerous drug addicts, sex fiends and violent criminals."

I'd like to think for example, that Dave Chappelle exposed and educated his audience about racial ignorance and intolerance and DIDN'T reinforce what most idiots accept as "fact" regarding blacks.
    Coincidence is the word we use when we can't see the levers and pulleys.

Emma Bull

Negative Images of Ghetto Blacks are a highly profitable medium of entertainment in todays society. It is really sad to think, but it could be argued that a poor, uneducated, thuggish, dangerous black man is the most profitable image displayed on tv. It certainly brings in some of the highest margins in terms of overall profit for any media outlet. This goes for whites who produce movies about blacks and even more so for blacks who produce movies for blacks. Let's also not forget the tv shows "I love New York," Flava Flay, and Rev Run's house (seriously they couldn't do a series about economically upper class educated blacks like Ken Chenault and his family?

It wouldn't sell !

I've always asked the question why would a black want to produce such trash about themsevles or another black? Well, the answer is simple and revolves around economics. It is simply much more profitable to sell tickets of Denzel Washington as a big time drug dealer than it is as Doctor with a family.
    I guess the 80's and the Cosbys and the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air provided us with a few anaomlies in positive black programming.

It all comes down to economics. Currently not matter what we do blacks have yet to say no to this crap and whites who weld considerably more purchasing power have yet to say no. It is almost a no win.

The single reason hip-hop has reached the heights it reached today is because of white teenagers, adults, and children. They buy this music like its the cure for aids and they have made many a poor black uneducated thug rich.

Why cut off the gravy train and make a cultural statment by saying this is not who we are as a group? The money invested in the image of failure, drugs, crime, and poverty is too profitable for the Jay-Z, Puffy Daddies, Russell Simons, Jimmy Ivins, and other executives in the entertainment industry to let go. Marketing blacks as educated well adjusted law abiding citizens does not sell 5 million copies. If it Did 50 Cents certainly wouldn't be rich and Will Smith would always be the number 1 rapper. The thug-culture of failure is too profitable to stop.

I hate to say this, but there's a lot of money in being an ignorant .

However, watching some ignorant guy like Flavor Flay get on tv is highly entertaining. . It sells tickets and advertising dollars. I'd even go as far as to say the ignorant black thug is a lot better for business than the educated black man (that is to the entertainment business) clearly wall-street would want the boring educated one. We are really at the mercy of what white teenagers love when you really think about it. They love their blacks thuggy, poor, and uneducated, and they love thier girls slutty, trashy, and rich. Just look at two of the biggest pop Icons over the last few years Brittany Spears and 50 Cent.
    I take it back. This wasn't N.F. High School newspaper story, this was a 7th grade current events essay. Puffy Daddies? Flava Flay? 50 Cents? For real?
    PUGS !!!

Unregistered
    it gets so much attention because it feeds the racist and prejudice stereotypes of the poor, the ghetto, the african american and hispanic ghetto culture....that they are responsible for their poverty because their are morally and ethically bankrupt, culturally non-existent, bankrupt in intelligence....etc...so since they cant learn and contribute to society they feed off it like a nihilistic parasite.....

thats why rap music and hip hop and gangsta rap sell to non-african americans .... unfortunately its an inside joke that african americans dont get as they think their cool with their tinted windowed cars vibrating down the street violating noise ordinances everywhere....but they simply argue that their skulls of african americans are thicker and thus require louder noises and deeper bases.

its an inside joke..the more the african american community blames others for racism and prejudice....the more non-african americans use rap to define african american culture as it to say....we arent racist....look in the mirror...your blaming us when its you....blacks are the source of their own problems

Negative Images of Ghetto Blacks are a highly profitable medium of entertainment in todays society. It is really sad to think, but it could be argued that a poor, uneducated, thuggish, dangerous black man is the most profitable image displayed on tv. It certainly brings in some of the highest margins in terms of overall profit for any media outlet. This goes for whites who produce movies about blacks and even more so for blacks who produce movies for blacks. Let's also not forget the tv shows "I love New York," Flava Flay, and Rev Run's house (seriously they couldn't do a series about economically upper class educated blacks like Ken Chenault and his family?

It wouldn't sell !

I've always asked the question why would a black want to produce such trash about themsevles or another black? Well, the answer is simple and revolves around economics. It is simply much more profitable to sell tickets of Denzel Washington as a big time drug dealer than it is as Doctor with a family.
    I guess the 80's and the Cosbys and the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air provided us with a few anaomlies in positive black programming.

It all comes down to economics. Currently not matter what we do blacks have yet to say no to this crap and whites who weld considerably more purchasing power have yet to say no. It is almost a no win.

The single reason hip-hop has reached the heights it reached today is because of white teenagers, adults, and children. They buy this music like its the cure for aids and they have made many a poor black uneducated thug rich.

Why cut off the gravy train and make a cultural statment by saying this is not who we are as a group? The money invested in the image of failure, drugs, crime, and poverty is too profitable for the Jay-Z, Puffy Daddies, Russell Simons, Jimmy Ivins, and other executives in the entertainment industry to let go. Marketing blacks as educated well adjusted law abiding citizens does not sell 5 million copies. If it Did 50 Cents certainly wouldn't be rich and Will Smith would always be the number 1 rapper. The thug-culture of failure is too profitable to stop.

I hate to say this, but there's a lot of money in being an ignorant .

However, watching some ignorant guy like Flavor Flay get on tv is highly entertaining. . It sells tickets and advertising dollars. I'd even go as far as to say the ignorant black thug is a lot better for business than the educated black man (that is to the entertainment business) clearly wall-street would want the boring educated one. We are really at the mercy of what white teenagers love when you really think about it. They love their blacks thuggy, poor, and uneducated, and they love thier girls slutty, trashy, and rich. Just look at two of the biggest pop Icons over the last few years Brittany Spears and 50 Cent.
    BTT- What's your source???
    PUGS !!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information