Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cops look for source of guns and bullets

Cops look for source of guns and bullets

http://www.niagara-gazette.com/local...017220714.html

Cops look for source of guns and bullets

Handgun recovered Thursday just blocks from school where bullets were found on Wednesday
    By Rick Pfeiffer/pfeifferr@gnnewspaper.com
    Niagara Gazette

First it was bullets, now a gun.

In the last two days, Cataract City cops have recovered almost 100 hollow-point bullets from a school parking lot and a semi-automatic handgun from a senior citizen’s garden just a few blocks away.

Falls police called the discoveries disturbing but not uncommon.

“It’s not unusual to find things like this in some areas of the city,” Detective Capt. Ernest Palmer said. “There is a lot of transient activity in that area and, particularly after a weekend, we might recover handguns, rifles and drug paraphernalia.”

The handgun was discovered late Thursday morning in a garden bed in the 1600 block of Cleveland Avenue. The weapon is described as .22-caliber Tech machine pistol.

The high-powered handgun was found inside a black plastic case along with a fully loaded ammunition clip. A search of the gun’s registration number showed it had been reported stolen from a home in LaSalle on Nov. 2, 2006.

Other guns, including an AK-47 assault rifle, were also taken in that burglary.

On Wednesday morning police were called to Harry F. Abate Elementary School on Lockport Road after a parent found a box of live ammunition there. The plastic case held 98 .22-caliber hollow-point bullets.

“(The box of ammo) was found on the east side of the school, in an area not readily accessible to children,” Palmer said. “They weren’t right out in the open.”

The detective chief also said as shocking as the discovery may have been to the parent, without a gun the bullets did not represent a serious danger to any children in the area.

“You wouldn’t want children around them, but they can’t really hurt themselves (with just the bullets),” Palmer said.

School Superintendent Carmen Granto said school security officials conducted a search of the school and its grounds after the parent’s discovery. He said no weapons or additional amounts of ammunition were discovered.

“I’m grateful to the parent who found (the bullets) and brought them in,” Granto said. “On more than one occasion when there have been police chases, we have found stuff (primarily weapons or drugs) that shouldn’t be (around schools).”

Still, Granto said he had no concerns about security or the safety of children at Abate or any other city school.

While investigators know where the handgun came from, they are now trying to find out where the case of bullets came from.

“We have no idea how they got (to the school grounds),” Palmer said. “They could have been dropped or ditched by someone being chased. We don’t believe (the bullets) are associated with the school in any way.”

Palmer said detectives will comb through burglary and larceny reports to see if anyone has reported a theft of bullets. If not, he said the ammunition will be destroyed.

What was the residence in the Lasalle area doing with a 22-caliber Tech machine pistol.

AK-47 assault rifle ? Could the owner of the gun be a local re-seller of guns? quite intresting

The high-powered handgun was found inside a black plastic case along with a fully loaded ammunition clip.

How is a .22 considered "high powered"? Just another example of some turd scaring the masses with some sensational reporting and zero understanding of weaponry.

The large magazine gives you plenty of ammo, but nothing close to "high power".

Quote Originally Posted by FisherRd
    The high-powered handgun was found inside a black plastic case along with a fully loaded ammunition clip.

How is a .22 considered "high powered"? Just another example of some turd scaring the masses with some sensational reporting and zero understanding of weaponry.

The large magazine gives you plenty of ammo, but nothing close to "high power".
    Well an M-16 shoots a .223 round. I would call THAT high powered. Though I know a TEC pistol doesn't shoot .223

b.b.

Quote Originally Posted by Bringthetruth
    What was the residence in the Lasalle area doing with a 22-caliber Tech machine pistol.

AK-47 assault rifle ? Could the owner of the gun be a local re-seller of guns? quite intresting
    Maybe they really hate squirrels?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Funky
    Maybe they really hate squirrels?
    With all these weapons around, who do you think are giving these criminals all the rifles and hand guns ?

Somebody locally could be selling guns and before they sell them, they just take of the serial #'s

With all these weapons around, who do you think are giving these criminals all the rifles and hand guns ?

Somebody locally could be selling guns and before they sell them, they just take of the serial #'s

Hmmmm? I'm guessing BTT is referring to WHITE PEOPLE!! White people give all of the guns to the criminals, and then they actually make them use them too. Was that what you were geting at? I bet it was!
    PUGS !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Harlem World
    Hmmmm? I'm guessing BTT is referring to WHITE PEOPLE!! White people give all of the guns to the criminals, and then they actually make them use them too. Was that what you were geting at? I bet it was!
    BTT? Any thing from "The Invisible Institute" you care to respond with?
    PUGS !!!

Black people aren't privy to manufacturing guns and selling them, let along sell them world wide on the black market.

Guy like you would shut it down in a heart beat.

Remember how they shut down the black mob in philly ?

Most americans had no clue there was a black mob out of philadelphia.

Black people aren't privy to manufacturing guns and selling them, let along sell them world wide on the black market.

Does it matter who makes them? What's your point? I just wanna know what a sleestack is?
    PUGS !!!

Does it matter who makes them? What's your point? I just wanna know what a sleestack is?
    ROFL what is a sleestack ?

Look at your avatar

ROFL what is a sleestack ?

Look at your avatar
    I'm a lizard from the TV show "Land Of The Lost"?
    Awesome!!
    PUGS !!!

Are you saying it would be better if black people could make their own guns?
    That it's unfair that they have been historically shut out of the gun business unfairly?
    WTF?
    PUGS !!!

You never answered? What difference does it make who manufactured a gun? You want black people to make guns? Start a gun factory then. What's your point. Who's stopping you or anybody from making a gun? Go worldwide, I see it now, "Get Your 'BTT 9mm's here, buy from us, we're a black owned gun company, stop using the racist white man's guns"!

Why would I shut down a gun business? I don't do it now. I only arrest people in possession of illegal guns, guys like me don't go after the manufacturer.

Ummm, no I don't, but what does that have to do with anything? Teach me, or should I just read about it on "The View From The Ground"?

You took a poll of most Americans to come up with that statement?
    Really, what is a Sleestack?
    PUGS !!!

Are you saying it would be better if black people could make their own guns?
    That it's unfair that they have been historically shut out of the gun business unfairly?
    WTF?

My point is blacks don't manufacture guns in a factory, but they can get them with ease to harm one another.

If black people owned gun MANUFACTURING companies you can rest assured the laws would be changed.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information