Thread: Spaulding Fibre - Tonawanda come down

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Spaulding Fibre - Tonawanda come down

Hopefully this money will get some activity at the site again. I am not from the immediate Tonawanda area, and drove past this site for the 1st time the other day. It is a huge site that could be used for light industrial or office parks. There is a nice neighborhood near it, and the middle/high school area could benefit from the site being reused to bring some development to the area

http://www.buffalonews.com/cityregio...ry/253842.html

I live in the neighborhood you are referring to. It looks like the money to complete the demolition has been secured, but I'm not sure of the time frame.

One of the ideas for redevelopment came from a Canadian company possibly interested in building a minor league hockey arena.

Quote Originally Posted by nickelcityhomes
    I live in the neighborhood you are referring to. It looks like the money to complete the demolition has been secured, but I'm not sure of the time frame.

One of the ideas for redevelopment came from a Canadian company possibly interested in building a minor league hockey arena.
    If that materializes that could be a good fit for the Sabres, as they need a new minor team now that they are breaking their ties with Rochester. Was it a serious comment from the Candadian Company?

Unregistered
    minor team ....cant we get some friggin jobs....the spaulding site had almost a 1000 workers....and we are going to replace it with a hockey arena that employs what 25.....for the love of pete we already have a hockey team and a hockey arena......we need to find an alternative to Rochester ..... Syracuse, Binghampton, Corning, Ithaca, Jamestown, Erie-PA...do any of them have a hockey team!

Timmy, there is plenty of land adjacent to the Spaulding Fiber site that could be used for light industry or offices, but there aren't any takers. There's a newer three story office complex on the corner of Military/Main and Wheeler that has been vacant forever. There's hundreds of thousands of feet of light industrial space available at the former Hygrade warehouse on Military/Main. Again, no takers. The commercial complex on the east side of Military just inside the COT border is damn-near vacant. The new office complex being developed on River Rd beside the Conway shipping dock is virtually empty and development has come to a standstill. All of these properties (with the exception of River Rd) are located within 500 feet of a heavily traveled passenger and freight rail corridor connecting to Canada. Perhaps you are smarter and have more vision than countless investors and businesses who have passed on these opportunities. If so, put your money where your keyboard fingers are and prove them wrong.

A field of dreams this ain't. If a company wants to build a hockey arena they should be welcomed. I doubt that hockey arena will ever get built, but I'm sure as hell not going to be condescending if a hockey arena doesn't create the types of jobs you deem suitable.

Shoot me a PM if you are serious about building an office park on Spaulding land. I'd be more than happy to introduce you to the political players involved in the redevelopment, and broker the commercial land sale.

Is that entire site contaminated? Could any single market rate houses be built there so that the neighborhood families had somewhere to buy a newer house and stay in the area? Or have new houses for the kids or grandkids to live in

Thread Information