Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The New West Seneca Cost Savings Plans:

Cotton Aulettes

The New West Seneca Cost Savings Plans:

Town Attorney office now cost us $20,000 more with this new plan. Let’s stay tuned for more fabrications. They are all alike! The taxpayers are never a concern! Politics as Usual!

Quote Originally Posted by Cotton Aulettes
    Town Attorney office now cost us $20,000 more with this new plan. Let’s stay tuned for more fabrications. They are all alike! The taxpayers are never a concern! Politics as Usual!
    Why the increase? Are we paying our new Town Atty 20k more?

Huh?

I thought the savings was around 50k. How is it costing more? If you're privy or have good info, do tell.

Just another attempt to pull people off track from the rest of the budget and departmental review. "Sidetrack them!" "Pull attention away from everything else."
    "paranoia runs deep, into your mind it will creep"

If this is true then you need to explain how and why its costing us more. The truth of the matter is that salaries were reduced and cuts were made in the budget to reflect this. Facts! Facts! Facts! Spill the beans unless this is just a lie!

Waiting......

Cotton, I think you're an ML person. Some things in your posts don't ADD up. Don't believe you know what you're talkin about and I think you struck in anger and haste. Not the first time, right? Later.

You're probably right....

Quote Originally Posted by erlyrizr1
    Cotton, I think you're an ML person. Some things in your posts don't ADD up. Don't believe you know what you're talkin about and I think you struck in anger and haste. Not the first time, right? Later.
    It was Cotton who so defiantly defended ML for taking the WSYB workers to NYC for the State Youth Bureau Convention. Of course he's taken them to all the conventions and the Albany luncheons, spending a geat deal of Town monies to promote his Americorps program and bolster his statewide standing.

Wally probably see this deficiency and isn't going to let Lazzarro run amuck in his administration, like he did in Clark's, and take all the kudos for himself- and Mark's sure to take the bows.

Quote Originally Posted by erlyrizr1
    Good eye, erly! Look at previous posts, primarily on the WSYB/AC debacle. This one and 4thekids are scrambling today.

OK Cotton, how did you come up with that? The salaries of the town's attorneys was lowered, as was that of the comptroller and some other positions. Dale Clarke is serving at a reduced amount as well.

So where is your logic on this?

Perhaps, it's because your position has been called into question, and threatened recently.
    I'd rather be hated for who I am... than loved for who I'm not!

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho1
    Dale Clarke is serving at a reduced amount as well.
    This is true and I respect him for being willing to serve for less than what the actual salary is. But his reduced salary is solely because his retirement pension limits his earnings income. It is not some sort of grand gesture on his part.

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit of Ebenezer
    This is true and I respect him for being willing to serve for less than what the actual salary is. But his reduced salary is solely because his retirement pension limits his earnings income. It is not some sort of grand gesture on his part.
    I understand, I'm just trying to understand Cotton's logic of increased costs.
    I'd rather be hated for who I am... than loved for who I'm not!

Cotton Aulettes

Talking a clerk

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho1
    I understand, I'm just trying to understand Cotton's logic of increased costs.
    Psycho, it is a clerk, $40+ & one more lawyer

In redeveloping a budget certain items are decreased or cut and others may have increased lines depending on need. Seems a great deal of questionable activity has occurred in the past administration. Maybe they're gearing up. Until the entire budget is presented, who can say what is need versus graft or frivilous?

Cotton Aulettes

That makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by The Jokester
    In redeveloping a budget certain items are decreased or cut and others may have increased lines depending on need. Seems a great deal of questionable activity has occurred in the past administration. Maybe they're gearing up. Until the entire budget is presented, who can say what is need versus graft or frivilous?
    What? That makes no sense. You sound like you are running for town council.

What? That makes no sense. You sound like you are running for town council.
    No, it makes perfect sense. And, no, I am not into politics, just what is right for the town.

If you only would work your budget like any other you would see that certain items may need to be cut while reinforcing those items that are necessary to fit the current needs versus the past.

Or, if I need to explain in a more simple manner, you were a renter and decide to buy a house. You bring in the same income. You have additional expenses even though the mortgage payment is lower than what you were paying in rent. But, the costs associated with home ownership are higher due to maintenance, insurance, emergency reapair funds, etc.

Do you work with the same budget as you did as a renter? If you do, you'll be in foreclosure or not have enough to feed and/or clothe your family.

I'm not being kind in explaining this, just attempting to lift the fog "Cotton" is attempting to cast.

In other words, it makes perfect sense. Budgets change by need, they do not and cannot remain the same.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information