Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Giambra's Parting Gifts

Giambra's Parting Gifts

Here is a rundown of local and statewide politicians who received donations from former County Executive Joel Giambra according to the most recent filing:

* Committee to Elect Grant (I believe this is Betty Jean Grant): $100
    * Niagara County Democratic Committee: $5,000
    * People For Responsible Government: $2,000
    * Progressive Democrats: $3,000
    * People For Accountable Government: $2,000
    * Friends of Brian Doyle: $500
    Spitzer 2010: $5,000
    Friends of Byron Brown: $2,000
    Collins For Our Future: $2,000

* means the donations were made pre-election day.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I find it laughable that Mr. Giambra donated $4,000 to "People for Accountable Government" and "People for Responsible Government." I wonder who heads these groups and what have they done to uphold our politicians to the standards their names imply.

Also, to those who said that Giambra is and always will be a Republican, look at the donation list. 5 donations to Dems totaling $15,100 and 2 donations to Republicans totaling $2,500. I await your explanantion of this....

Quote Originally Posted by crabapples
    I await your explanantion of this....
    Um. . . he is a Republican.
    One beautiful thing about having a government of the corporations, by the corporations, and for the corporations is that every disaster is measured in terms of economic loss. It's sort of like getting your arm sheared off in a car accident and thinking, "Damn, now it'll take longer to fold the laundry" as blood spurts from your arteries. - The Rude Pundit

Quote Originally Posted by raoul duke
    Um....no, he is a Democrat.
    If it weren't for the United States Military, there would be NO United States of America !

Quote Originally Posted by raoul duke
    No, he is a registered Republican.

During the campaign people argued that he is a Republican through and through. If he was, why did he donate a ton more to Democrats? That doesnt seem to equate to being a hardcore Republican as people such as The Crusha made it seem.

I would characterize Mr. Giambra as a RINO (Republican In Name Only).

No, he is a registered Republican.

During the campaign people argued that he is a Republican through and through. If he was, why did he donate a ton more to Democrats? That doesnt seem to equate to being a hardcore Republican as people such as The Crusha made it seem.

Where is The Crusha anyway??

Now that Van Every has no job, you would think he would be on the message board more often.

Committee to Elect Grant (I believe this is Betty Jean Grant): $100
    No, it is being retroactively reported for Ulysses.

That doesnt seem to equate to being a hardcore Republican as people such as The Crusha made it seem.

Well you never made the distinction between "hardcore Republican" and Republican. Is every Republican that is not "hardcore" a RINO? Either way, it don't matter how you characterize him, he is a Republican. Until he goes down to the BoE and changes his affiliation, and I haven't heard that he has, he's a Republican. Also, I'm pretty sure he's not the only Republican to donate to Democratic candidates and causes and vice versa.
    One beautiful thing about having a government of the corporations, by the corporations, and for the corporations is that every disaster is measured in terms of economic loss. It's sort of like getting your arm sheared off in a car accident and thinking, "Damn, now it'll take longer to fold the laundry" as blood spurts from your arteries. - The Rude Pundit

This is my point. During the Collins campaign all we heard was that Giambra is a Republican. Giambra donates to Republicans. Republicans donate to Giambra, etc, etc. Here I point out that Mr. Gimabra donated quite a bit more to Democrats than Republicans. I believe that those who were casting such stones (i.e. The Crusha, etc) ought to say they were wrong.

Just because one is registered a certain party does not make one a member of that party. His current filing proves that if anything he is more aligned with Democrats than Republicans.

One's actions define their stance, not what circle they filled in on a registration form. Think about it, Rudy Giuliani is a registered Republican. Why is he doing so bad in Republican primaries? Its because most of his stances and actions resemble that of a Democrat.

Do a little more leg work....

Here is a rundown of local and statewide politicians who received donations from former County Executive Joel Giambra according to the most recent filing:

* Committee to Elect Grant (I believe this is Betty Jean Grant): $100
    * Niagara County Democratic Committee: $5,000
    * People For Responsible Government: $2,000
    * Progressive Democrats: $3,000
    * People For Accountable Government: $2,000
    * Friends of Brian Doyle: $500
    Spitzer 2010: $5,000
    Friends of Byron Brown: $2,000
    Collins For Our Future: $2,000

* means the donations were made pre-election day.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I find it laughable that Mr. Giambra donated $4,000 to "People for Accountable Government" and "People for Responsible Government." I wonder who heads these groups and what have they done to uphold our politicians to the standards their names imply.

Also, to those who said that Giambra is and always will be a Republican, look at the donation list. 5 donations to Dems totaling $15,100 and 2 donations to Republicans totaling $2,500. I await your explanantion of this....
    and you'll see something VERY interesting....Giambra donated $3,000 to the Progressive Dems (Frank Max/Cheektowaga dems) right? Check out the filing for the Progressive Dems and you'll see they made a $3,000 donation to Paul Clark. A "pass through" in political lingo. At least they could've done it in other increments so it wouldn't be so obvious.
    No way the progressive Dems could raise $3K on their own, so it becomes even easier to see that Joel doanted to Paul Clark without actually "donating" to Paul Clark.
    A donation like that would draw a lot of attention to Paul & Joel and they simply used Frank Max as a beard.

Quote Originally Posted by knowsitall
    and you'll see something VERY interesting....Giambra donated $3,000 to the Progressive Dems (Frank Max/Cheektowaga dems) right? Check out the filing for the Progressive Dems and you'll see they made a $3,000 donation to Paul Clark. A "pass through" in political lingo. At least they could've done it in other increments so it wouldn't be so obvious.
    No way the progressive Dems could raise $3K on their own, so it becomes even easier to see that Joel doanted to Paul Clark without actually "donating" to Paul Clark.
    A donation like that would draw a lot of attention to Paul & Joel and they simply used Frank Max as a beard.
    I did see the donation. Very interesting. I wonder who the Good Government Clubs are pass throughs for.....

It truly is sad when people do these kinds of things.

Just because one is registered a certain party does not make one a member of that party.
    Yes it does. Registering for a political is the process in which you become a member of a political party.

His current filing proves that if anything he is more aligned with Democrats than Republicans.
    They prove nothing. Other than the fact you're perturbed that he's not "hardcore" enough for your tastes. Of course this is all politics and he was a Democrat for most of his career, so. . . ya know, even though it goes against the "slash-n-burn" creed of the "hardcore" Republicans, he might have some Democratic friends *gasp* that he wants to give money to.

I'm not sure if you notice this or not, but you are taking a somewhat authoritarian position about this. Both in the denial of the plain fact that Joel Giambra is a registered Republican, er go a member of the Republican party, and that you are put-out because he's not "hardcore" enough for your tastes. Loyalty becomes fealty becomes servitude.

Look some more....

I did see the donation. Very interesting. I wonder who the Good Government Clubs are pass throughs for.....

It truly is sad when people do these kinds of things.
    "People for Accountable Government" AKA David Pfaff. I'll let others speak about him....

Schedule O

hey Crabby, pull up Schedule O on Chris Collins report and tell me what you see.....

hey Crabby, pull up Schedule O on Chris Collins report and tell me what you see.....
    What I see is that 63 partners from Hiscock & Barclay donated a total of $15,000 which amounts to an average of $238.10 per person. At first glance it looks like each person donated $15,000 but it is hard to understand.

"People for Accountable Government" AKA David Pfaff. I'll let others speak about him....
    I am unfamiliar with this Pfaff guy. Hopefully someone fills us in!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information