Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Buff News: NYS budget - raises spending, state taxes, fees

The overall budget totals $124.3 billion, up 5.1 percent from last year. And the state’s debt — costing New Yorkers nearly $5 billion in payments annually — will go to $53.3 billion from $50 billion, largely as a result of new borrowing programs.
    Yep that sounds like good fiscal management to me.

Quote Originally Posted by DR_GONZO
    We are not being protected. We are being robbed! I waited and waited for this security crap to have a price tag affixed to it and looks like N.Y.S. beat out the federal government to the punch. Ready to be azzraped twice, folks? Why in the hell, as U.S. citizens must we pay for identification that is being forced down our throats? The cretins who blew themselves up in the U.S.A. had numerous I.D.'s. Money was no object for them to obtain as many I.D.'s that they felt necessary. Forcing U.S. citizens to pay for an I.D. or two that will be obtained by terrorists with enough money anyways, is asinine! These I.D.'s, passports, etc.. should be free for all U.S. citizens who can prove their nationality.
    Dr_G, I'd guess that the reaction to the events of 2001 was a huge opportunistic money grab by anyone who had a song-and-dance to sell to the public. Best act(s) won. Unlike the conspiracy theorists, I don't believe that all this was planned, just that some saw their chance and ran with it.

For further reading, please substitute the words "the events of 2001" with the words "global warming".
    Last edited by Effigy; January 24th, 2008 at 03:21 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information