Thread: Water Leak / Plaster

Water Leak / Plaster

I had a slow (drip) leak from the supply valve to my toilet on the second floor. I noticed it when water started dripping from the light fixture in the dining room. Everything appears to be drying up now. The water had caused the paper over the plaster in the dining toom ceiling to bubble a bit but seems to have settled without any major damage. Is there anything I need to worry about with permanent damage to the ceiling being plaster? Will it just dry out and be okay? Any advice appreciated.

Thanks in advance, Ryan.
    Someone who can't balance a budget probably shouldn't be in a position to spend someone else's money.

You may have to paint over the water stain once it dries. There is a primer called Killz that works very well. Is the ceiling plaster or drywall? Is there any deformity other than the bubbling?
    **free is a trademark of the current U.S. government.

It's a plaster ceiling. The only thing that seems to have bubbled was the paper that covers the plaster. The leak is fixed and everything is dried out and the damage is minimal. The bubbles have disappeared. The only things that are left are small circles where the paper was 'stressed' and the bubbles were formed. It's barely noticeable though so I probably wont do anything about it. Thanks though!
    Someone who can't balance a budget probably shouldn't be in a position to spend someone else's money.

Thread Information