Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: And...where Are The Parents!!

And...where Are The Parents!!

Updated: Jan 21, 2008 06:07 PM EST

Video On Demand

Violent Brawl on the Streets of Buffalo
    Bonus Video: Brawl in Buffalo Early Saturday Morning
    Check All | Clear All

(Buffalo, NY, January 21, 2008) - - Fists, knives, and guns - it was a recipe for a violent brawl on the streets of Buffalo. The scene caught by our News 4 cameras this weekend is bringing a call for change from community leaders. Senior Correspondent Rich Newberg is at Buffalo Police headquarters with the latest. (View complete story in video player.)
    FRANK MESIAH (NAACP)...says this all occurrs because the parent(s) HAVE NO JOBS AND HAVE GIVEN UP ALL HOPE OF PASSING ON ANY VALUES TO THEIR CHILDREN.
    HOW ABOUT basic responsibility and civility!!
    DOES THIS GUY EVER SUGGEST TAKING RESPONSIBILITY ON ONE'S OWN ACTIONS or is he always pinning the blame on society's ills??

and....where is the link??

btw,i've seen the clip on 4 a number of times.....it is "must see tv"......a classic!!

Go here:
    http://www.wivb.com/

Click on the frame below the video--"Violent Brawl on Streets of Bflo."

I liked what Brown had to say; he didn't blame societies ills for the violence; but, what is with all these crazy young women? Must be tons of frustration and anger, beyond what most of us can imagine. Sad.

Townsfolk
    ...And so goes the east side. I guess it's their way of celebrating the Martin Luther King holiday.

Quote Originally Posted by Townsfolk
    ...And so goes the east side. I guess it's their way of celebrating the Martin Luther King holiday.

it happened a few days ago,FYI......

Quote Originally Posted by joe d.
    And...where Are The Parents!!
    Where are the parents? If that was me, my mom and dad would have beat me stupid for being involved in that.

Those parents should be ashamed.

Have you actually ever done anything to try and improve any conditions, or do you just like to sit back and be a snide, bitter little racist of a man?
    But your being a dick
    ~Wnyresident

Townsfolk:
    Maybe next time they will come over to your neighborhood
    WNY's link to the latest deals,printable coupons AND money saving tips!
    www.buffalobroad.com

Quote Originally Posted by Michele J
    Townsfolk:
    I agree with you. The problem is that when all you see is the fighting and chaos you build racism. Regardless, their behavior was uncalled for and the parents should be targeted as well.
    Peace Out Funky

Let's look at the positive side of things....at least they weren't doing drugs?

I agree these kids shouldnt be out roaming the streets at 11 oclock at night.
    I agree in enforcing a curfew( but we need more police on the street to do this)
    I disagree with the remarks about the East Side.. Do you think it doesnt happen in other neighborhoods? If you believe it doesnt happen elsewhere I suggest you keep your head buried in the sand and when it happens in your backyard dont be surprised!
    www.buffalobroad.com

My husband and I said the same exact thing when we saw the video. Why is the blame being placed on the community and not the parents? I guess this is how things are shifting in general--people aren't taking responsibility for their own actions and are quick to come up with excuses blaming others.

Quote Originally Posted by Ms.Depew.to.you
    My husband and I said the same exact thing when we saw the video. Why is the blame being placed on the community and not the parents? I guess this is how things are shifting in general--people aren't taking responsibility for their own actions and are quick to come up with excuses blaming others.
    Fights and chaos sell--blaming the kids sell, blaming the east side and poor sells--blaming the parents doesn't!
    Peace Out Funky

Townsfolk
    Quote Originally Posted by Michele J
    Townsfolk:
    I don't think so-- our block club has done just about everything we can to keep the NFTA from allowing a metro bus stop in our neighborhood.

Everything is not paradise in East Aurora's Hamlin Park.

The park, located in the center of the village, has long been the setting for summer evening concerts, plays, tennis, basketball, church services and even an August teen band night. But all the hubbub is causing some neighbors to grumble about park uses, teens who hang out at the park late into the evening and the park's 11 p.m. closing time.

NIAGARA FALLS -- A partially blind 14-year-old boy was beaten and robbed, a girl assaulted and four other teens arrested as melees broke out Friday night after the Niagara Falls High School football game in Hyde Park.

Police reported no problems during the game in Sal Maglie Stadium, but said that groups of young people fought and created havoc on side streets as they walked home.

Six under-age drinkers have been issued appearance tickets in the wake of a beer party at 233 Clinton St. on Sunday.

A worried parent of a 15-year-old girl called Lockport police, who went to the house at 11:10 p.m. and found seven under-age people drinking beer. The girl was taken to the police station and then released to her mother, but the others have been charged. Jesse L. Gould, 20, of the Clinton Street address was charged with unlawful dealing with a minor as well as under-age

** I cant believe TEENS cause trouble in East Aurora, Lockport & Niagara Falls too??
    www.buffalobroad.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information