View Poll Results: Are you pleased with the Presidential Eelection Results?

Voters
109. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I am pleased

47 43.12%
  • No, I am not pleased

58 53.21%
  • I am not sure yet

3 2.75%
  • I am not a registered voter

1 0.92%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Poll- Are you pleased with the Presidential Eelection Results?

New Poll- Are you pleased with the Presidential Eelection Results?

Are you pleased with the Presidential Eelection Results?

okay, so I voted first on this poll.

I am not pleased with the resluts.. but I am accepting enough to know 'you win some... you lose some'

Now Bush has the next 48 months to live up to his promises.

He says he is a uniter not a divider. Lets see if he unites us all behind him or against him.
    "If you want to know what God thinks of money just look at the people he gave it to."

By the way, what happened to biker? I miss the old coot.

Exactly, let's see if he can get us out of this fine mess he got us into. UGGGG

I guess as the first thing, I'd like to see the troops out of Iraq.

I'd also want him to make good on his word of better education standards, affordable health coverage and a stable economy for the working-class-poor.

Anyone thing he can accomplish this within the next 4 years?

Democracy In US What Democracy?

I don’t think the USA has the right to tell other countries how to live or govern their nation when we can’t get it right ourselves. It just does not look good to have the UN and lawyers observe the election to make sure corruption does not occur like it has been.

What really upset me about this election was not the outcome but the way the whole thing happened.

I live in New York State and the Media had Kerry winning NY even before Election Day which may have prevented people from voting because they thought it did not matter. Then Kerry was declared the winner of NY state way before the polls closed.

EVERY VOTE COUNTS ONLY IF IT IS COUNTED!!!

The county I live in is still counting votes for congressmen. What makes you think they counted all the votes for president too? They didn’t.

The other thing that bothers me is our need for instant gratification. Why do we have to instantly know who won elections. What did we do before TV and voting machines which can corrupt the outcome? We waited until the count was finished and 2 weeks later we found out who won.

I would rather have an accurate count than just an assumption on who one the election.

The second thing that makes me so upset is that some people had more choices for president than others. Yes some areas only had Kerry and Bush while other areas had Nader and 5 others running for president. And we call this a democracy when not everyone is given the same choices for president.

The next thing that bothers me is that elections has become too much about the MONEY. Basically who has the most money to spend and influence others will win.
    MONEY = POWER in the USA.

The next thing that bothers me is the Electoral College. We don’t need it anymore lets get rid of it. It will never happen because there would have to be a shift in power from government making a choice for us too citizens making our own choice.

We need to do something about all of this but I will not happen unless we come together demanding change. It will probly not happen in my lifetime because the government is just too powerful. Anyone who talks about changing the system to make it better gets ignored, killed, or threatened. Think about our history, Martin Luther king, Malcolm X, JFK, Ralph Nader, etc. So what are we currently doing about all of this. We are sitting back watching our freedoms being taken away by the people we elect into government because we being distracted by TV, and movies instead of doing something.

Originally posted by citymouse
    He says he is a uniter not a divider. Lets see if he unites us all behind him or against him.
    I think he's full of it when he says he's a uniter, and that this election will leave him and Cheney with the impression that "The people have spoken", and we really do have carte blanche to rule the world.

Anyone who has seen Farenheit 9/11 will remember this speech:

"This is an impressive crowd. The haves and the have mores. Some people call you the elite - I call you my base"

Cheney scares me even more than him, though.

Originally posted by Night Owl
    Are you pleased with the Presidential Eelection Results?
    I think we should eliminate the position.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Exactly what is the roll of the position? Just patronage?

Thumbs down I am ashamed

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    It's a dark day in America and the rest of the world. What a shameful disgrace that people were stupid and voted to reaffirm a mistake by re-electing that idiot George W. Bush.

We had a chance to elect a great president that John Kerry would have been, instead we ended up with a joke again. I hope that Bush's fascism loving voters realize what a disservice they've done to us all. Bush doesn't do anything that's in the country's best interest. It will only be "more of the same."

I'm not happy for America, and i'm definately not happy for Bush. He may be president, but not to me. I should have known that God would do something to crush our country's hopes and dreams. I didn't know he would be that cruel.

Let's remember a better day is coming when Bush's second term is over, or if something unfortunate happens to him and ends it sooner. Till then we'll have to "suffer the fool gladly."

East of Millersport and now on Facebook at facebook.com/absolivious

Re: I am ashamed

Originally posted by MOPEDER
    I am ashamed
    ...as well you should be!

Re: I am ashamed

Originally posted by MOPEDER
    We had a chance to elect a great president that John Kerry would have been...

HAAAAAAaaaaaaaaah! hahahhah! haheh haaaaaaa! heh heh....

*breath*

Haaahhaaaaa ha ha OMG... OMG... you are SO FUNNY! heh heh heh, heh...

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    You can make fun of either person who got elected to office. I think they both miss the point of who they should be representing once in office. It's almost like people have to pick which runner up will cost them the less.

He says he is a uniter not a divider.
    Or as Will Farrell would say "I don't want to be a divider. I want to be a unificator."

East of Millersport and now on Facebook at facebook.com/absolivious

Lightbulb Finally, Kerry gets it!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information