Thread: Follow the money- from land deal to Town Hall !

Lightbulb Follow the money- from land deal to Town Hall !

Many times Lancaster residents have a hard time seeing the whole story about new subdivisions and commercial deals . They constantly question how and why so many seemingly unwise , environmentally questionable land deals seem to sail through the Planning and Town Boards approval processes !

Many times the Aurora Street Market property deal pops up ! Before Lancaster's Town Attorney owned it - the original owner wanted to put a new gas station on that same corner - the Town Government denied permits !

Soon after , it was purchased by a small group that included Lancaster's Town Attorney. A short time later it was rezoned and approved as a commercial site that included a gas station.

Should the Planning Board , Town Board Members and Town Attorney have disclosed who owned this property when approvals were given ? There was a hidden financial interest and political insider deal directly connected with almost everyone who voted to approve this deal !

Hypocrisy at its best !

Ellicott Creek issues !

(excerpt from SUWNY front page article) " The current planning board is composed of some members who know of the problems there. One former Supervisor was involved in litigation that prevented a building permit from being issued on Stony Road one hundred feet south of the bridge.Yet that same Governmental group helped approve the moving/rerouting of Ellicott Creek to facilitate development in that area . They help create the wetlands and floodplain . They also approved pumping 18 million gallons of water yearly into that same area .

Now we have Windsor Ridge and its direct connection to Lancaster's Past and present Local Government Officials !

"That same Supervisor at that time was the Attorney for the estate that sold the Windsor Ridge land for development." So now we find again - that some of our Local Officials profited due to their involvement in a questionable subdivision land deal. Some of the same people who keep voting to approve wetlands destruction , floodplain development , destruction of rare wildlife habitat -- are the vary same people who have a historical interest they share with those acquiring those rezones and permits ! .

Gee , I wonder who that past Town Supervisor is ?
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

Quote Originally Posted by 4248
    Many times Lancaster residents have a hard time seeing the whole story about new subdivisions and commercial deals . They constantly question how and why so many seemingly unwise , environmentally questionable land deals seem to sail through the Planning and Town Boards approval processes !

Many times the Aurora Street Market property deal pops up ! Before Lancaster's Town Attorney owned it - the original owner wanted to put a new gas station on that same corner - the Town Government denied permits !

Soon after , it was purchased by a small group that included Lancaster's Town Attorney. A short time later it was rezoned and approved as a commercial site that included a gas station.

Should the Planning Board , Town Board Members and Town Attorney have disclosed who owned this property when approvals were given ? There was a hidden financial interest and political insider deal directly connected with almost everyone who voted to approve this deal !

Hypocrisy at its best !

Ellicott Creek issues !

(excerpt from SUWNY front page article) " The current planning board is composed of some members who know of the problems there. One former Supervisor was involved in litigation that prevented a building permit from being issued on Stony Road one hundred feet south of the bridge.Yet that same Governmental group helped approve the moving/rerouting of Ellicott Creek to facilitate development in that area . They help create the wetlands and floodplain . They also approved pumping 18 million gallons of water yearly into that same area .

Now we have Windsor Ridge and its direct connection to Lancaster's Past and present Local Government Officials !

"That same Supervisor at that time was the Attorney for the estate that sold the Windsor Ridge land for development." So now we find again - that some of our Local Officials profited due to their involvement in a questionable subdivision land deal. Some of the same people who keep voting to approve wetlands destruction , floodplain development , destruction of rare wildlife habitat -- are the vary same people who have a historical interest they share with those acquiring those rezones and permits ! .

Gee , I wonder who that past Town Supervisor is ?
    It is the same supervisor who commisioned the water system engineering study which outlined PROPER development as the town grew, and then completely ignored it. I think his name rhymes with Giza and starts with a K.

Originally posted by 4248

If this is all true, where is our so called "Board of Ethics" on this? Why aren't these same local officials recusing themselves when these projects from which they have profited from come up for approval?

This is insane!

Georgia L Schlager

Originally posted by 4248

"That same Supervisor at that time was the Attorney for the estate that sold the Windsor Ridge land for development." So now we find again - that some of our Local Officials profited due to their involvement in a questionable subdivision land deal. Some of the same people who keep voting to approve wetlands destruction , floodplain development , destruction of rare wildlife habitat -- are the vary same people who have a historical interest they share with those acquiring those rezones and permits !
    Gorgia response: If this is all true, where is our so called "Board of Ethics" on this? Why aren't these same local officials recusing themselves when these projects from which they have profited from come up for approval?

This is insane!
    Town board, planning board and zoning board members do recuse themselves when they're participation could be construed as a conflict of interest. However, their influence is still felt and when one considers that the the town board has been appointing its lap dogs for years, the hen house is loaded with foxes.

Why would anyone expect the lawyers sitting on the boards, who have feasted off house closings for years, care a bit about environmental, infrastructure, traffic, overburdened roads and/or schools standing in their way to profit like developers.

And, of course, all the elected officials taking care of the developers who fund their campaign war chests!

Insane, you betcha!

Lightbulb They hide the truth and their full/personal involvement by "recusing" themself !

Quote Originally Posted by pudge
    Town board, planning board and zoning board members do recuse themselves when they're participation could be construed as a conflict of interest. However, their influence is still felt and when one considers that the the town board has been appointing its lap dogs for years, the hen house is loaded with foxes.

Even when - and it hasn't been too often - they recuse (remove) themselves from voting on a issue - a rezone - or project approvals - they don't explain fully why they choose not to vote.

They know the history of the land deals in Lancaster - their friends and families were dealing in the same way for over 40 years locally .

Go beyond who's married to who - go back two or three generations and see who married who - go back in Lancaster , Depew schools year books and see the history unfold !

We had a Police Chief who was heavily involved in local real-estate transactions - he too was a lawyer - his "police car" was ticketed many times for illegal parking in front of the building(in Down Town Buffalo) where he was doing his real-estate closings - (facts brought to the Supervisor and Town Board members - they all knew and did nothing) - his law partner was a Senator !

Almost every member of the Town Board and most of the staff - have family or financial ties/history !

Here is another benefit of having so many "new Residents " in Town - Their knowledge/scope of the Towns personal and Political history is truly limited.

Welcome to Lancaster NY

-

When the HELL are we going to get that damn STREET LIGHT FIXED!!!!! It has been reported by a couple people now going on three weeks.......... The street lights are spaced so far apart it leaves a not so nice stretch of darkness boohhh ahahahhah..... Of course the light bulb that was in the lamp was such low wattage that I think a night light would best describe its usefulness but it was something. Now we got nothing...

Oh damn time to start thinking about 100 broken light bulbs in Giza's driveway

Wink in case you forgot

Quote Originally Posted by concernedwnyer

Nice try ! The issue on this thread is :
    "Back door deals and why Local Politicians seem overly helpful to developers !

Thanks !

Quote Originally Posted by concernedwnyer

Veiled threats of this nature are not welcomed on this website.

If you have a complaint about malfunctioning street lamps, take it to the Town Board.

I don't care what you or I, or anyone else for that matter, thinks about Giza as a Supervisor, no one deserves to be threatened with 100 broken light bulbs in their driveway.

If anything of this nature happens, I'll be the first to turn you in. And, you, of all people, know I do what I say.

Arrow More helpful info - click , explore - understand Lancaster

The "purple puts" is worried people will actually start investigating Lancaster's history - they might actually see for themselves , the truth behind Lancaster's local Political/financial dealings.

They might actually get the names listed on Lancaster's directory http://www.erie.gov/lancaster/directory.asp and use them to search marriage records , land transactions , cooperation listings and genealogy sites .

Some might even check out on-line "News Archives" like : http://www.buffalonews.com/newslibrary .

Or people might look up the owners of local real-state at : http://www.erie.gov/depts/finance/webprop/index.asp

Its amazing how things can be better understood with all the INTERNET info available . It used to take years of digging - along with trying to find a honest person in Government to show you where to look.

Now you can just -go to www.google.com , type and click - check Town Board agendas , Town Planning Board records and how each person/Town Official actually voted !(not just what they lead you to believe)

He can keep trying to interrupt threads - and others will keep posting more "Helpful" info.

Quote Originally Posted by gshowell
    Veiled threats of this nature are not welcomed on this website.

I never said I would do it. Where did I suggest I would do it???????? Are you starting to feel guilty of tressapassing on private properties to take pictures or cause havock at Town Board Meetings Gary Howell???

Attempts by you to police the forum on this message board are NOT WELCOMED.

If you have a complaint about malfunctioning street lamps, take it to the Town Board.
    You do not need to do that Mr. all of a sudden oustanding role model of Lancaster.....

I don't care what you or I, or anyone else for that matter, thinks about Giza as a Supervisor, no one deserves to be threatened with 100 broken light bulbs in their driveway.

Hmmmm..... let us review some of your more creative posts shall we.... Don't drink and type on the computer keyboard Gary you seem to have a problem..... Oh and I do not care about what you just said here.

If anything of this nature happens, I'll be the first to turn you in. And, you, of all people, know I do what I say.
    Go right ahead. Proving it was me, if I did do it, would be a neat trick for you to perform. Hope no one read this open thread on the Internet and gotten any ideas from it.....

Go jump in Ellicott Creek that you seem to be so worried about..... Funny how the DEC approved the sewer line construction after all so let me guess Lancaster paid off the DEC... I see. I think Lancaster officials shoudl slap an obstruction lawsuit against YOU PERSONALLY

Quote Originally Posted by 4248
    The "purple puts" is worried people will actually start investigating Lancaster's history - they might actually see for themselves , the truth behind Lancaster's local Political/financial dealings.

Not in the least but like I said before 4248 if you do not like Lancaster pack up you crap and move your ass on out of Lancaster..... All you do you is complain about issues of Lancaster but what have you done to correct issues within Lancaster....... Talk is cheap.. Oh calling me a "PUTZ".... Hahahaha yep... when was the last time you addressed the town board??????
    TRUE PUTZ!

He can keep trying to interrupt threads - and others will keep posting more "Helpful" info.

No need to 4248 you seem to have quite the nack for interrupting things... Please don't let me stop you..

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I never said I would do it. Where did I suggest I would do it???????? Are you starting to feel guilty of tressapassing on private properties to take pictures or cause havock at Town Board Meetings Gary Howell???

Attempts by you to police the forum on this message board are NOT WELCOMED.

Gary keep up the good work. Concerned.. be quiet.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident
    Gary keep up the good work. Concerned.. be quiet.

Oh I thought you were talking to me that "I was doing a good job....."
    Gary you old favorite... aid!

Arrow Just a re-cap

"That same Supervisor at that time was the Attorney for the estate that sold the Windsor Ridge land for development." So now we find again - that some of our Local Officials profited due to their personal involvement in a few questionable subdivision land deals. Some of the same people who keep voting to approve wetlands destruction , floodplain development , destruction of rare wildlife habitat -- are the vary same people who have a historical interest they share with those acquiring those rezones and permits ! .

They might actually get the names listed on Lancaster's directory http://www.erie.gov/lancaster/directory.asp and use them to search marriage records , land transactions , cooperation listings and genealogy sites .

Some might even check out on-line "News Archives" like : http://www.buffalonews.com/newslibrary .

Or people might look up the owners of local real-state at : http://www.erie.gov/depts/finance/webprop/index.asp

Now you can just -go to www.google.com , type and click - check Town Board agendas , Town Planning Board records and how each person/Town Official actually voted !(not just what they lead you to believe)

Its amazing how things can be better understood with all the INTERNET info available . It used to take years of digging - along with trying to find a honest person in Government to show you where to look.

-

4248 - thanks for the link to the Erie County Real Estate web site. That sites probably been there for a while, but it's new to me.

Thread Information