Thread: The Fairways Group Honored with Community Service Award

The Fairways Group Honored with Community Service Award

The Fairways Group
    http://www.fairwaysblvd.com

Nimby

The detractors of the gun club re-use/clean-up project in my opinion fall largely in the NIMBY category.

Nibmy revised, revisited and correctly put

Quote Originally Posted by Liberty View Post
    The detractors of the gun club re-use/clean-up project in my opinion fall largely in the NIMBY category.
    NIMBY supporters and those that can be categorized as such are those for gun club re-use/clean up. I saw none of the supporters saying please put it in MY neighborhood, no...it was this is for the good of the town, not the "good for my neighborhood, but good for the town." This makes it NIMBY at its finest, the "as long as it doesn't affect me, it is great".
    "All government, -indeed, every human benefit and enjoyment, every virtue and every prudent act,- is founded on compromise..." -Edmund Burke
    A lie can travel halfway around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.
    Mark Twain (1835 - 1910), (attributed)
    Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." —Washington, D.C., Aug. 5, 2004 George W. Bush

Nimby??

Nimby is a trite, superficial generalization. It is overused, oversimplified
    and sophomoric.

It is surprising that a person from the Speak-Up intelligentsia would use this
    acronym, especially in this case.

Everyone has an opinion

Quote Originally Posted by Trajan View Post
    Nimby is a trite, superficial generalization. It is overused, oversimplified
    and sophomoric.

It is surprising that a person from the Speak-Up intelligentsia would use this
    acronym, especially in this case.
    The anti-development battlecry is trite, overused, oversimplified and sophomoric, especially in this particular case.
    In general, this tired anti-development battlecry is tantamount to a mindless chant that the Amherst Democratic Committee members mimic from the silly (and now mutually self-destructive) Ward brothers (in each case the neighbors of the proposed development join in the chant, and sometimes litigate).
    The antidevelopment battlecry is also the "false idol" rallying point that the Ward brothers brandish each election cycle to whip the NIMBY and malcontent troops into shape for the elections that the Wards alway lose (Chairman Dennis Ward lost Congress, State Senate, Assembly and the list goes on and on - ad nauseum. Chairman Ward also almost cost the democrats the take-over of the State Senate this year with his sophomoric pot shots at Democratic candidates from his perch at the Board of Elections - much more on this point to follow).
    Maybe just being against development isn't enough in governance

The anti-development battlecry is trite, overused, oversimplified and sophomoric, especially in this particular case.
    In general, this tired anti-development battlecry is tantamount to a mindless chant that the Amherst Democratic Committee members mimic from the silly (and now mutually self-destructive) Ward brothers (in each case the neighbors of the proposed development join in the chant, and sometimes litigate).
    The antidevelopment battlecry is also the "false idol" rallying point that the Ward brothers brandish each election cycle to whip the NIMBY and malcontent troops into shape for the elections that the Wards alway lose (Chairman Dennis Ward lost Congress, State Senate, Assembly and the list goes on and on - ad nauseum. Chairman Ward also almost cost the democrats the take-over of the State Senate this year with his sophomoric pot shots at Democratic candidates from his perch at the Board of Elections - much more on this point to follow).
    The Fairways group was organized long before Ward got involved. They had salient facts regarding traffic, commercial inducement and character of the neighborhood. The comprehensive plan supported them. The political issues in the background are what got this development passed (although now in multiple litigations). There is no balance to the board and this will only get worse next year. The salient issues will again be ignored and the publics' right to be heard will be ignored even more.

I can't call them NIMBY if they are simply asking that all of the facts be considered by the board and that it make an intelligent decision on land use issues. They even have a guidance document (the comprehensive plan) to help them, but they repeatedly bend it to suit their end. Don't expect this to change any time soon.

I've yet to see the list of people begging for it in their backyard; just curious, could you tell me who is the head of the DNC..is it Dennis Ward...who is the head of the State Dems....is it also Dennis Ward? Does Dennis Ward also run the Niagara County Dems? Last I checked most of those seats you have mentioned, have those parts in them too? It seems to me you just have it in for the man, rather than for the party, perhaps the party doesn't have people that just you think are qualified. Perhaps you never ran or perhaps you never got the backing that you feel you deserved in your mind?

Also just curious would please outline these shots, I'm curious as to what theey are and I'm betting everyone here wants them heard too....because I believe under the mods new rules, you have to be able to substantiate these alleged claimsrather than just sling it out there and wait for it to be wiped clean.

BTW didn't the developers change the plans like we all(particularly The Fairways Group) knew they were going to.
    "All government, -indeed, every human benefit and enjoyment, every virtue and every prudent act,- is founded on compromise..." -Edmund Burke
    A lie can travel halfway around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.
    Mark Twain (1835 - 1910), (attributed)
    Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." —Washington, D.C., Aug. 5, 2004 George W. Bush

Sounds like a great deal of suppressed bitterness and anger being expressed anonymously. Perhaps professional counseling would be beneficial.

The Fairways Group raised many legitimate issues which ought to concern all citizens of Amherst. Development for development sake, without regard to viability, conformance to the Master Plan, law and common sense, is at best unwise and at worst, a potential disaster.

Maple Road is congested enough. Amherst has plenty of places to shop already. Hip Hip Horray for the Fairways Group, HOWEVER, is THIS what residents have to do (hire legal counsel) to get their town to honor its own taxpayer supported Master Plan?

Quote Originally Posted by buffy View Post
    Maple Road is congested enough. Amherst has plenty of places to shop already. Hip Hip Horray for the Fairways Group, HOWEVER, is THIS what residents have to do (hire legal counsel) to get their town to honor its own taxpayer supported Master Plan?
    In Amherst, YES.

Thread Information