Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bills are out...Go Pack

Bills are out...Go Pack

How can you not love Bret Favre? I've got no particular reason to root for the Pack, but his pure joy of the game is contagious. And if they play 2 more games like they did on Saturday, not even NE can beat them.
    But your being a dick
    ~Wnyresident

No one can seem to play a full 4 quarters against New England---Their just too good.
    Peace Out Funky

I honestly think that the Pats are just in everyone's head at this point. I'm hoping Favre has enough experience to keep cool nerves. Not like he hasn't been in and won big games before (is there any active player who has been in more?)
    But your being a dick
    ~Wnyresident

Screw NE. He has to deal with that Giants Defense first....
    Let me articulate this for you:
    "I'm not locked in here with them. They're locked in here with me!!"
    HipKat's Blog

Quote Originally Posted by run4it
    I honestly think that the Pats are just in everyone's head at this point. I'm hoping Favre has enough experience to keep cool nerves. Not like he hasn't been in and won big games before (is there any active player who has been in more?)
    You would prefer Green Bay over the Patriots? A Patriots win would bring status to the AFC East Division, and it would break Miami's hold of claiming the "Best Team of All Time" status. Further, in any Super Bowl, I would prefer the AFC team over the NFC team, just because the Bills are in the AFC.

Screw NE. He has to deal with that Giants Defense first....
    I am not an Eli fan, but the Bills could not stop their running game.
    Last edited by Niagara; January 15th, 2008 at 08:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Niagara
    I am not an Eli fan, but the Bills could not stop their running game.
    No one has the last 5 weeks.

Anyhow, I'm ONLY rooting for NE so I can say I saw a team go perfect in my lifetime (I was 8 when Miami did it), other than that, I'm a Pack fan anyhow.
    Let me articulate this for you:
    "I'm not locked in here with them. They're locked in here with me!!"
    HipKat's Blog

You would prefer Green Bay over the Patriots? A Patriots win would bring status to the AFC East Division, and it would break Miami's hold of claiming the "Best Team of All Time" status. Further, in any Super Bowl, I would prefer the AFC team over the NFC team, just because the Bills are in the AFC.
    I would definitely rather see Bret Favre win a Superbowl. The AFC East already has status in the NFL. It's the Patriots and then the rest of the pitiful AFC East.

Who doesn't like Brett Favre? I can't stand the patriots, bunch of arrogant sobs. Go Packers!

Quote Originally Posted by PaulJonson
    I would definitely rather see Bret Favre win a Superbowl. The AFC East already has status in the NFL. It's the Patriots and then the rest of the pitiful AFC East.
    I remember the AFL and NFL and the first SuperBowls. The AFC is still the stepchild to the NFC. NBC, when it had an opportunity, it took the NFC games because the NFC contains the biggest cities, richest cities, and most high profile cities. CBS lost the NFC because it opted out of the NFL games for a few years. Of the 40 some SBs, to this day, the NFC has won the greater number, so it has had the rep as the stronger conference. Hell, it even has America's Team.

And Bret Favre has had a great career, and his production this year is exceptional, but last year's circus about him milking the decision process on whether he was going to return to GB was a laugh. He had his team practically on their hands and knees waiting for an answer. He pouted over the decision not to go after Randy Moss, etc., etc. There are alot of aging QBs over the years who might have continued further, and many do, but usually do so as backups. Bret Favre, go Baby Boomer.

I remember the AFL and NFL and the first SuperBowls. The AFC is still the stepchild to the NFC. NBC, when it had an opportunity, it took the NFC games because the NFC contains the biggest cities, richest cities, and most high profile cities. CBS lost the NFC because it opted out of the NFL games for a few years. Of the 40 some SBs, to this day, the NFC has won the greater number, so it has had the rep as the stronger conference. Hell, it even has America's Team.

And Bret Favre has had a great career, and his production this year is exceptional, but last year's circus about him milking the decision process on whether he was going to return to GB was a laugh. He had his team practically on their hands and knees waiting for an answer. He pouted over the decision not to go after Randy Moss, etc., etc. There are alot of aging QBs over the years who might have continued further, and many do, but usually do so as backups. Bret Favre, go Baby Boomer.
    The NFC has won 1 (one) more Superbowl than the AFC.

The NFC has won 1 (one) more Superbowl than the AFC.
    It still has the rep as being the stronger conference. Madden has always been partial to the NFC on Madden's Team. Hell he hardly bothers to know the AFC. Now it is fairly obvious who has the stronger teams, at least for the time being. Go Patriots!!!!

It still has the rep as being the stronger conference. Madden has always been partial to the NFC on Madden's Team. Hell he hardly bothers to know the AFC. Now it is fairly obvious who has the stronger teams, at least for the time being. Go Patriots!!!!
    15-20 years ago this was true---things have changed!
    Peace Out Funky

You are relating how strong the NFC is to John Madden's picks for his Madden Team?? Maybe you can throw in his video game to make your argument sound more ridiculous.

You are relating how strong the NFC is to John Madden's picks for his Madden Team?? Maybe you can throw in his video game to make your argument sound more ridiculous.
    You are right. John Madden's obvious bias to the NFC, in spite of being a former AFC coach, is no issue in my arguement there is a bias to the NFC, in spite of him (Madden) being probably the most influential football commentator in the country.
    Getting back to my origional remark, I can not understand a Buffalo Bills fan rooting for an NFC team in the SB, especially given that the Patriots are in the Bills division, and what they have accomplished this season except for some nostalgia for the Green Bay Packers, or an aging baby boomer QB.

Last edited by Niagara; January 16th, 2008 at 02:57 PM.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information