Thread: Bills in Toronto

Bills in Toronto

Why can't we just say "NO" to this? It's very simple--our taxes support this team. We sell out almost every game, with one of the larger stadiums in the NFL.
    There are only 16 games a season. Only half of that is here. Now they're talking about moving one or two to Toronto. That leaves 6 or 7 games played in Buffalo a year.
    Not acceptable---our taxes don't go to Toronto! I would understand a game in Rochester before I would Toronto!

Now, playing a preseason game there might be a little more do-able---but we absolutely need to say NO to this.

The county should not even be thinking about it---from what I understand they have been asked and are STILL considering it?
    http://www.buffaloreuse.org/~kool aid free zone~

Quote Originally Posted by keyboard150
    Why can't we just say "NO" to this? It's very simple--our taxes support this team. We sell out almost every game, with one of the larger stadiums in the NFL.
    There are only 16 games a season. Only half of that is here. Now they're talking about moving one or two to Toronto. That leaves 6 or 7 games played in Buffalo a year.
    Not acceptable---our taxes don't go to Toronto! I would understand a game in Rochester before I would Toronto!

Now, playing a preseason game there might be a little more do-able---but we absolutely need to say NO to this.

The county should not even be thinking about it---from what I understand they have been asked and are STILL considering it?

May be they are testing the grounds for a possibility........ Just think on the savings of air fare... We could just rent a bus to ship them out...

Sorry, but I would like to see the actually benefit versus cost of keeping the Bills here. I know hotels get booked and rest. get busy but as you said yourself what about times???? TV is to good and you do get a better view of what s happening.

The Bills arent going to Toronto.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Take the amount that we pay to keep the stadium and divid that by the number of games. Toronto pays at least that amount back to the county. What about the businesses (even though it's very few) that profit from each home game? Apparently they are not thought of.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident
    Take the amount that we pay to keep the stadium and divid that by the number of games. Toronto pays at least that amount back to the county. What about the businesses (even though it's very few) that profit from each home game? Apparently they are not thought of.
    Thats because Wilson is a GOD!
    Peace Out Funky

Buffalo get with the times and build a stadium downtown buffalo and end all the bills leaving town jazz

They threatened the Toronto thing to assure a sell out season.

Maybe they should focus their efforts into putting a good product on the field and they won't have to use scare tactics to sell seats.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident

Not sure what you meant on the last part of your statement. If you are saying people who appose the building of a new stadium do not consider the plus side to businesses I think that is not the case at all. The in flux of increased business lasts at most 8 or 9 times for a very brief amount of time.

It does not justify the outlay in expenses for a new stadium. The Bills are nothing more than a symbolic statement to the area of Buffalo. In business symbolism does not always mean success and if you have a product that is garbage this symbolism actually becomes a financial drain. A new football stadium at this point in time and for the force able future would be a financial drain.

Talk to any businessperson and they would agree on this.

Quote Originally Posted by keyboard150
    They threatened the Toronto thing to assure a sell out season.

Maybe they should focus their efforts into putting a good product on the field and they won't have to use scare tactics to sell seats.

These sell out games are a joke... Companiens end up buying blocks of tickets just to say we have a sell out game that will be televised........

How about doing the sell out thing teh legit way and actaully have patrons go buy all the tickets and have to rely on radio stations, companies, perk promotional ticket give aways to say we have a sell out game!!! Yahoo!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bringthetruth
    Buffalo get with the times and build a stadium downtown buffalo and end all the bills leaving town jazz

Fine! YOU PAY FOR IT ALL YOURSELF. I personally do not want to here one i ota about having to support in any way the white elephant project of a new stadium. Everyone is entitled to his or her own opinion but putting down the facts would clearly show a not feasible proposition.

Quote Originally Posted by concernedwnyer

Fine! YOU PAY FOR IT ALL YOURSELF. I personally do not want to here one i ota about having to support in any way the white elephant project of a new stadium. Everyone is entitled to his or her own opinion but putting down the facts would clearly show a not feasible proposition.

I agree. As much as I'd like to see a downtown stadium, there is NO justification for it at this time.

#1- no where to put it (infrastructure on the waterfront isn't there.)
    #2- team isn't playing well enough to justify it
    #3- the Bills organization hasn't done anything lately but scare it's fans into buying tickets to a crappy product. Why do they deserve a new stadium?

Tell you what, when we win a Super Bowl, then you can build a state of the art, domed stadium downtown.
    Not before.

what a bunch of horrible fans

its about faith. we have one of the loudest stadiums in the nfl from experience.

this team better not go anywhere unless Buffalo wants to crash, burn, and never be known on the map again.

Quote Originally Posted by DrizzyFiasco
    what a bunch of horrible fans

its about faith. we have one of the loudest stadiums in the nfl from experience.

this team better not go anywhere unless Buffalo wants to crash, burn, and never be known on the map again.

Where did this side swipe com from????? I have nothing against the Bills. I do however have something against huge projects that put a financial drain in the area where the net gain is less positive than more negative. Again, show me the real numbers where this is not the case. No one really can so it is more of a symbol thing then anything else.
    Last edited by concernedwnyer; January 15th, 2008 at 12:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by concernedwnyer

Sorry, but I would like to see the actually benefit versus cost of keeping the Bills here. I know hotels get booked and rest. get busy but as you said yourself what about times???? TV is to good and you do get a better view of what s happening.
    I agree. When the county was under the gun to sell out the luxury boxes, or else, Warren Buffet came to town to talk about the economic benefit. Economic benefit to who...Warren Buffet? The Bills are a great feel good entity, but as far as economic stimulis, not so much. They put Buffalo on the map which some can say is priceless, but most all of that game day money expended by the crowds which go to the Bills game leave the area IMO. Economic stimulus means putting money into the hands of people who will spend it within the area and circulate it within that area. That does not happen with the Bills.

Thread Information