Thread: How do you make an efficient sanitation department?

Tony Fracasso - Admin

How do you make an efficient sanitation department?

How do you make an efficient sanitation department?

I really don't like over paying for services...

http://www.c2logix.com/

Why FleetRoute?

Was this your fleet the last time you re-routed?

At C2Logix we have seen that routes are handed down like family heirlooms from one generation to the next. One driver trains the next driver to run the route exactly as he was taught to run it; and the cycle continues. How many times have you heard "But thats the way we've always done it?" Route Optimization is often an afterthought for most organizations. We get calls daily from people that know that their routes are not effecient but they are not sure what can be done to fix them. Whether you seek vehicle routing solutions for waste, newspaper, meter reading, or street sweepers, at C2Logix, Route Optimization is what we do.
    Benefits of using FleetRoute™

FleetRoute clients realize an average of 10-15% reduction in collection costs including:

• Reduced number of trucks/crew
    • Reduced fuel maintenance costs
    But we can do better. Their routing software expect people to work full time. Not get your little route finish and scurry off for the rest of the day..

So if they are saying 10 to 15%... we can easily do 20 to 30% with fill timers...

Read what is in green... means more green in our pockets.

It gets even better!

Other benefits to include:

Reduces time and cost of updating routes and rerouting
    Reduce CO2 with reduced mileage
    Integrates routing with customer service and billing
    Improves quality control and management
    Maintains customer service times and information
    Increases accountability of crews
    Standardizes procedures for routing, training and dispatching
    Routing process becomes institutional asset
    We want to be green don't we?

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Check this tool out..

Route Optimization Software ROI Savings Calculator

http://www.c2logix.com/component/content/article/190

Anyone know how many trucks go out to collect our garbage?

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    Check this tool out..

Route Optimization Software ROI Savings Calculator

http://www.c2logix.com/component/content/article/190

Anyone know how many trucks go out to collect our garbage?
    10 routes plus 2-3 help trucks to get them done early

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Benjamin View Post
    10 routes plus 2-3 help trucks to get them done early
    So it's 10 trucks plus 2-3 extra trucks for a total of 12 to 13 trucks?

Any clue what you budget per mile for upkeep on a sanitation truck?

For some reason I thought the county does sanitation outside the city. I thought they contract with private companies.

They don't say anything about employee morale. It's a fact if employees are happy production is better. Just saying..

This is really not my business I am in the city..
    “Two percent of the people think; three percent of the people think they think; and ninety-five percent of the people would rather die than think.”

-

Spam spam lol

Quote Originally Posted by wnyresident View Post
    how do you make an efficient sanitation department?

I really don't like over paying for services...

http://www.c2logix.com/

why fleetroute?

but we can do better. Their routing software expect people to work full time. Not get your little route finish and scurry off for the rest of the day..

So if they are saying 10 to 15%... We can easily do 20 to 30% with fill timers...

Read what is in green... Means more green in our pockets.

It gets even better!

We want to be green don't we?
    Riven37
    _________
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent. Thomas Jefferson

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    It's not spam.. I did a little googly work and found some routing software. Get this. Our town still used crayons.. I mean markers to do the routes.. mark showed me the route paperwork a while back. People wonder why we pay MORE than most surrounding area for services. i'll tell you why. Just because you get elected and have a title slapped on your ass doesn't make you smart. All it means it you won a popularity contest.

If we are going to pay someone about 100,000 in compensation to run our garbage department I expect quality work, don't you?

I just emailed that company to have a representative call. I want to find out how much the packages are and what is involved in implementing it.

We might not even need a supervisor for the sanitation department if we streamline it enough... That whole department can be flush away and put back under the highway department.. But we should look at using an outside company like a lot of communities do.

[quote=WNYresident;767302]How do you make an efficient sanitation department?

You solicit bids and contract out to a private company, ex Waste Mgmt or BFI. Even if the town sanitation dept could match the bid, costs will eventually increase due to health insurance and retirement benefits. Maybe the new Supervisor and Town Board members will have the votes to get this enacted.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    How do we get rid of the minimum employee rule.. Only someone with no business sense would agree on something like that.

So if contracts are expired I think we should have that eliminated now. Not even open for discussion period.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    So which council member over sees our sanitation department? I want to find out why they are doing such a crappy job at it? If other local towns can deliver trash services for much less we need to know why.

How do we get rid of the minimum employee rule.. Only someone with no business sense would agree on something like that.

So if contracts are expired I think we should have that eliminated now. Not even open for discussion period.
    res, it's a contracted item for both unions blue collar and supervisors ... i really don't think the number will change much with the new labor contract.
    God must love stupid people; He made so many

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    THen no contract... It's not a monopoly or is it? There should be no minimum employee count... If "Cheektowaga" residents want to follow suit as other towns have to chose to use private firms to save money what's the big deal?

You get to chose wegmans or Tops or aldi's or who ever to purchase your groceries.. You get to choose who fixes your car, you get to choose who will mow your lawn... you get to choose your doctor... Why can't we choose which "company" picks up our garbage...

Business #1 the "Sanitation department cheektowaga" should bid like every other waste removal company in our community.

Res, the state labor laws do not allow the municipality to take anything out of the contract that the union does not agree to allow to come out. In other words, the union would have to agree to allow the minimum number to be lowered (this is a possibility) or eliminated (about the same chance of ice forming in hell).
    **free is a trademark of the current U.S. government.

THen no contract... It's not a monopoly or is it? There should be no minimum employee count... If "Cheektowaga" residents want to follow suit as other towns have to chose to use private firms to save money what's the big deal?

You get to chose wegmans or Tops or aldi's or who ever to purchase your groceries.. You get to choose who fixes your car, you get to choose who will mow your lawn... you get to choose your doctor... Why can't we choose which "company" picks up our garbage...

Business #1 the "Sanitation department cheektowaga" should bid like every other waste removal company in our community.
    The problem here in Cheektowaga is "the choosing". We have chosen to elect the same group for over 40 years now and have been reaping exactly what we have sown.
    **free is a trademark of the current U.S. government.

Quote Originally Posted by mikenold View Post
    The problem here in Cheektowaga is "the choosing". We have chosen to elect the same group for over 40 years now and have been reaping exactly what we have sown.
    mikeeeee,

what i have been saying for the last 20 years a good flush...
    God must love stupid people; He made so many

Thread Information