Thread: Hickory Woods homeowners to share $7.2 million settlement

Hickory Woods homeowners to share $7.2 million settlement

Hickory Woods homeowner Patrick Blake was in City Hall on Tuesday when lawmakers unanimously approved a $7.2 million settlement to end an eight-year dispute with hundreds residents of the South Buffalo subdivision.
    complete story >
    People who wonder if the glass is half empty or full miss the point. The glass is refillable.

Quote Originally Posted by steven
    Hickory Woods homeowner Patrick Blake was in City Hall on Tuesday when lawmakers unanimously approved a $7.2 million settlement to end an eight-year dispute with hundreds residents of the South Buffalo subdivision.
    complete story >
    Gee, that's great...

That's about the same number Rick Ammerman and I hammered out with Tony Masiello SIX YEARS AGO...

Pathetic...

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    It seems like nothing really.

You still have people living on top of that stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by cantolina
    Gee, that's great...

That's about the same number Rick Ammerman and I hammered out with Tony Masiello SIX YEARS AGO...

Pathetic...
    Who are you?

Quote Originally Posted by therising
    Who are you?
    My name is Chuck Antolina...I was the Vice-President and Chairman of the Board of Directors for the Hickory Woods Concerned Homeowners Assn.

Anyone who followed the news of the day saw my comments in the news quite often....

Here is the website that was maintained about that time, by my former GF, (who, might I add was a high-school sweetheart, and still remains an awesome human being in my heart) who owns property there, where my daughter and I also lived...

HWCHA

Some residents called me a "carpetbagger", but I put untold hours into this situation, because someone close to me was deeply affected....and Rick Ammerman became a life-long friend to me during this time....in fact, I was deeply involved in his failed bid to become the South Buffalo Councilman....

I made many friends among politicians, scientists (like the most highly-esteemed Joe Gardella from UB, who was deeply involved in the science of the situation), and residents...

I was a bit of a polarizing figure among some residents, tho, and eventually stepped down for the greater good...but not before (I like to believe) I did some good for some really great people who deserved every single minute of my time...

My hat is off to all the residents there....they have lived thru adversity that others only read about...and to the one, I have always supported every single resident's plight.....
    Last edited by cantolina; May 19th, 2008 at 11:47 PM.

Thread Information