View Poll Results: Who did better in the first Presidential Debate?

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • John Kerry

45 66.18%
  • President George W Bush

20 29.41%
  • still undecided

1 1.47%
  • I am not registered to vote in the election.

2 2.94%

Thread: Who did better in the first Presidential Debate?

Who did better in the first Presidential Debate?

Who do you think did better in the first Presidential Debate?

East of Millersport and now on Facebook at facebook.com/absolivious
    I could not vote in your poll because I saw last night's debate as a toss-up -- and that's not an available choice.

Dubya was more consistent in stating his position but did seem somewhat ill-at-ease. He could have been more agressive.

Kerry had better body language and did a better job of presenting his view -- whatever that is.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Why wasn't nader allowed to debate. I know there's not much of a chance he would win but it seems they do thier best to keep him quiet.

It kills me to say it but I think W did slightly better.

I keep hearing how Kerry had better body language, but I disagree. Everytime Bush put him on the offensive, Kerry smirked slightly, looked down at the podium, and started writing. His scribbling had a nervousness to it. He took very broad strokes, and, on at least 1 occassion, seemed to furiously underline whatever it was that he wrote. I think it showed uneasiness on his part.

They BOTH suck. That's the grim reality.
    Data is not the plural of Anecdote.

Therising,
    He was taking notes for his rebuttal statements.

I saw on a few occasions where GW made a lot more facial expressions than Kerry. I also caught the big mistake that the President made... (paraphrazing) he said that we had to go into Iraq because Sadam was behind the acts of Sept. 11th. Kerry picked up on that and corrected his wording immediately to say it was Bin-ladin and Afgan rebels responsible for 9/11.

Bush stumbled quite a number of times when he was caught off guard; or atleast more than Kerry. This is just one of three debates and it can be different the next time around, but for now, I really feel that Kerry kept on topic more than Bush.

The only consitancy the President kept on with was saying how 'inconsistant' Kerry is.

Did Kerry Bring crib notes to his "global test"?

If my eyes are correct in watching the debate, the President had a few note cards himself at his podium too.

note cards....facial expressions....

that's very important criteria in which to elect the president of the united states.
    Data is not the plural of Anecdote.

...Let's not forget the suits worn or their poise in who stood more "presidential-like"

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I heard on the vice president debate they were even worried about the hieght of the chairs. Perhaps our politicians are too worried about looks and expressions than actual abilitiy.

Washington and Adams, as well as Jefferson, did not campagin for office after being nominated. They felt it was beneath them to promote themselves and did not want to interfere in letting the voters decide based on thier individual accomplisments and recoreds.
    What happened?
    Now we have candidates more worried about chair height and camera angle.
    They should alow them to debate on radio only with no camera, then the issues may have a chance to take center stage.
    Based on delivery of point and content I would say Kerry buried him, however if we did not have to look at Bush it may have been closer.
    Washington and Adams both tried to steer clear of party afiliation, beliving parties would "polarize" the electorate although that was not a word they would have used.
    Very prophetic.
    The most money spent seems to control close elections regardless of qualifications , expierience, ability and intellegence of candidates.
    Negative adds in a constant stream seem redundant but actually have a subliminal affect on voters. If you are told something negative over and over,if you agree or not you will aasociate it with the candidate unconsiously with the candidate that was attacked.
    Our sound bite mentality and madison avenue candidate promotion, along with television has destroyed any chance we have of free thinking independent candidates, no matter how they promote themselves to the contrary, ever reaching office.
    No more Teddy Roosevelts. No more Lincolns. they had the qualities for office, but not the face for television.
    "If you want to know what God thinks of money just look at the people he gave it to."

By the way, what happened to biker? I miss the old coot.

Well said, 'mouse

Originally posted by citymouse
    Our sound bite mentality and madison avenue candidate promotion, along with television has destroyed any chance we have of free thinking independent candidates,..
    ...much less a free thinking electorate!

Begins with S between Eggertsville and Williamsville

Re: Well said, 'mouse

Originally posted by absolivious
    ...much less a free thinking electorate!

How many true free thinkers are left out there????

Even amongst the voters......

I can't get over the level at which the last few Presidential elections have polarized their party bases......

George W. could accidentally drop a nuke on Sloan and I think Republicans would still vote for him because they despise Liberals and Dems so much.........Same goes for JK......a lot of people just want to see GW gone....they would vote for SATAN......

I wish we had more (legitimate) candidates for president.....I think you you would see better debate on the issues.....that is why I would have loved to have thrown Nader into the debates.....just for the sake of stirring up the pot and having an actual debate.....

Thread Information