Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Election issues - or not !

Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloTransplant View Post
    Most state retirees under 65 can earn up to what used to be $20K in PUBLIC EMPLOYMENT-- I imagine it is more now -- and have to report the money to the state. Teachers and most state workers get no extra credits (I have family who were both). I do not know how the police work it, but it would be nice to know since she is also working privately. (Basically, she could make the town money + her pension + private work)

Is she going to actually planning on being a "full time" councilperson if elected or simply show up for meetings and collect the pay?

I would like to see if the Police System allows credit from public work. I cannot find anything. Anyone who can? Citation?

This is from the HealyCase tells it like it is thread:
    Healy-Case said the situations are different.
    “Yes, I have a pension, but I’m not going to come to the town to merge my city pension with my town pension until I’m done working for the town,” she said.

How is it different? She still will collect both pensions.
    She is No different, no polititian is. They are all in it for themselves. I don't know where to go with this one. I think you are damned if you do, and damned if you don't. She, HealyCase, appears to be just like the rest of them and from what I have heard she looks out for herself. She is in it for the $$$ just like the rest of them.

I'm at a standstill, I don't trust any of them
    Last edited by Tangodown; September 11th, 2011 at 09:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tangodown View Post
    She is No different, no polititian is. They are all in it for themselves. I don't know where to go with this one. I think you are damned if you do, and damned if you don't. She, HealyCase, appears to be just like the rest of them and from what I have heard she looks out for herself. She is in it for the $$$ just like the rest of them.

I'm at a standstill, I don't trust any of them
    Tango, I disagree with you on this one, Case is in it for the same reason's we all need a change, for the benefit of her neighbors, children & her family, the Lancaster resident's ..campaigning is no slow walk in the park....she as well as Dino & Mike Hyde are here to because they care about the people.

Tango, that was exactly my point. I see no difference in Healy Case.

Lightbulb Fraudulent intent - running for re-election knowing she was about to deceive everyone

I believe the "deceit" was that Councilman Stempniak ran for re-election knowing full well she needed the Towns tax funded pension credits to increase her school teachers pensions. She knew full well in advance that she would have to also have the blessings of every Town Board Member and their party Chairman to pull this off.

Its like how she double dipped for years on health care stipends - she received a cash(tax funded) payment from one tax funded position - while taking tax funded paid health care from her other job. In the end that was around $6000.00 a year in her pocket.

She obviously planned and investigated her actions. She never informed voters or anyone publicly - until her actions were exposed by people on this site and questioned at a Town Board Meeting - after the fact. There was also a article complete with her picture in the Buffalo News.
    No - its not illegal - just another Politician saying their serving their community - while milking tax payers from as many angles as possible.

Like the Judge said about Supervisor Giza, "Its not illegal - just bad governance."

#Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

Bad governance seems to be commonplace and yet incumbents/career politicians win 97% of the time. Why is that?

My decision is easy. I want change and hope that ALL incumbants on the ballot this year will be voted out. All you have to do is look at some of the bad decisions made. Among others but the one that aggravates me the most is the Colecraft Building. Why would the town pay more that the sale price? People call it "bad goverance" but everyone knows there is more to the story. Our taxes have to pay for this BS and I for one am tired of it. Dino has a record of being very Conservative towards spending so in my opinion, he deserves a chance. I plan on voting for all three newcomers this year. I have to believe the taxpayers will be much better off.

They got my vote and this is from a life long Democrate !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Crazy, isn't it Lee? What I notice more and more are residents that complain but cannot be bothered to go out and vote.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information