Thread: Bush isn't capable of succeeding in Iraq

Thumbs down Bush isn't capable of succeeding in Iraq

My friend served on a U.S. Navy destroyer in the Red Sea during Desert Storm. His brother served in the same war in Saudi Arabia and Kuwait. This past July, members of his Naval Reserves unit in Charleston, S.C., were activated, transferred to Army Command and sent to Iraq, where he now serves near Tikrit.

Since when did we arbitrarily transfer personnel from one branch of service to another?

His e-mails are usually one or two terse sentences, "I'm fine. Don't worry about me."

So when he called last week, I asked some questions that could be answered with one word because I know the Bush administration is obsessed with control and secrecy.

"Do R.P.G.'s ever land in your camp?" "Sometimes."

"Do mortar rounds ever land in your camp?" "Sometimes."

Then I asked, "What I see on CNN and other media show a really dangerous, messy situation there. Is really like that?" "Yes, it's that bad."

I have concluded that if we really want to support our troops in Iraq, we can do that best by voting for John Kerry in November, because I don't believe that the present administration can succeed there, ever; too many critical errors caused by ignorance and arrogance.

QUOTE:
    My friend served on a U.S. Navy destroyer in the Red Sea during Desert Storm. His brother served in the same war in Saudi Arabia and Kuwait. This past July, members of his Naval Reserves unit in Charleston, S.C., were activated, transferred to Army Command and sent to Iraq, where he now serves near Tikrit.

Since when did we arbitrarily transfer personnel from one branch of service to another?

His e-mails are usually one or two terse sentences, "I'm fine. Don't worry about me."

So when he called last week, I asked some questions that could be answered with one word because I know the Bush administration is obsessed with control and secrecy.

"Do R.P.G.'s ever land in your camp?" "Sometimes."

"Do mortar rounds ever land in your camp?" "Sometimes."

Then I asked, "What I see on CNN and other media show a really dangerous, messy situation there. Is really like that?" "Yes, it's that bad."

I have concluded that if we really want to support our troops in Iraq, we can do that best by voting for John Kerry in November, because I don't believe that the present administration can succeed there, ever; too many critical errors caused by ignorance and arrogance.

"I'm not worried about casualties" ~ G W Bush
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails jk2.jpg  

Thread Information