Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Desired changes to West Seneca's Code of Ethics

Desired changes to West Seneca's Code of Ethics

Currently the West Seneca Code of Ethics was enacted in 1970 and apparently not updated since then. It appears to apply only to apply to town employees and does not extend to the employees family which could be a loophole for self dealing. The current policy does not provide for any oversight or disclosure so the citizens are on their own to discover conflicts and enforce what little prohibitions that do exist. I modeled this proposal on the one currently in effect for the Town of Clarence except I modified it to include domestic partners within its terms and staggared the term of the members of the Ethics Board and limited the number of board members that may be town employees to two.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    “We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate.” ― Thomas Jefferson

Ethics board?

Do we have one? And if so, who the hell are they?

This is the first I've heard this one.
    I'd rather be hated for who I am... than loved for who I'm not!

Attached is the provisions of our Town's current code of ethics. As you can see there is no disclosure requirements, no ethics board or procedure to enforce it. My proposal will put these in place.
    “We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate.” ― Thomas Jefferson

OldTymeRevival
    Quote Originally Posted by dtwarren
    Attached is the provisions of our Town's current code of ethics. As you can see there is no disclosure requirements, no ethics board or procedure to enforce it. My proposal will put these in place.
    Don't citys, towns, and villages operate under charter from the State of New York with their own set of laws, etc, and also its (NYS) codes of ethics?

Under your proposal there would be another layer of government, an ethics board requiring staffing and payment. Best would be a multiparty town, with vigorous elections.

Although State law does impose minimum ethical standards by which local officials must conduct themselves State law also mandates Citys, Towns, Villages and School Districts to adopt a code of ethics setting forth for the guidance of its officers and employees the standards of conduct reasonably expected of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Niagara
    Under your proposal there would be another layer of government, an ethics board requiring staffing and payment. Best would be a multiparty town, with vigorous elections.
    The members of the board are unpaid under my proposal. However, you are correct in the necessity of a multiparty town with vigorous elections.
    Last edited by dtwarren; January 3rd, 2008 at 01:47 PM.

This proposal also includes provision for filing of disclosure statements. To give an idea of what information one would contain attached is the disclosure form used by the State Ethics Committee for State employees and officers in a policy making position or above Civil Service Grade 24.

I was doing some research on another matter when I came across the following which demonstrates the need for a more beefed up ethics code in our town.

813719, Inc. was incorporated in 1998 and its officer as listed in the records of the NY Secretary of State is DANIEL M REIDY.

Paul Notaro represented 813719, INC. D/B/A DANNAN CONCRETE from at least 2002 through 2005 in a litigated matter.

In July 2004 813719, Inc. purchased 131 and 133 Carla Lane from the ERMINIO LIBERATORE FAMILY TRUST .

On July 30, 2004 813719, Inc. purchased 395 West Avenue, West Seneca.

In December 2004, 813719, Inc. sold to Anthony Nigro III the property at 131 CARLA LANE, West Seneca.

In February 2005 Daniel M. Reidy and his wife purchase 133 Carla Lane, West Seneca from 813719, Inc.

In March 2005, Dan Reidy and his wife sold 133 Carla Lane, West Seneca to Cayuga Creek, Inc. (which was incorporated in September 2004 and has Dan Reidy as its officer).

In March 2005, 395 West, Inc. was incorporated with its officer as listed in the records of the NY Secretary of State is DANIEL M REIDY.

On May 25, 2005, 813719, Inc. sold to 395 West, Inc. the property at 395 West Ave, West Seneca.

At the March 22, 2007, The Planning Board of the Town of West Seneca considered the application of B&G Automotive, LLC (according to the Secretary of State this LLC was formed on 12/19/2006) for a special permit for 395 West Ave.

Both Mr. Notaro and Mr. Nigro were present at this meeting and a Dan Reidy "stated his request to rezone a portion of property located at 395 West Avenue for automotive repair." There was a motion made by Mr. Greenan and seconded by Mr. Nigro to approve the permit.

At no time did Mr. Notaro disclose his prior representation of Mr. Reidy as an officer of 813719, Inc. Also it is unknown if Mr. Nigro knew the familial dealings with Mr. Reidy, but if he did that should have been at least disclosed as well.

Warren, you gotta get a life

Sunday afternoon. Suns' shinin. And you're researching what? Who ya after now? Reidy, Liberatore, Nigro, Notaro, Dannon Concrete, B@G Automotive? Why? What's wrong with you? Nothing good EVER to say just trying to stir up controversy so OTHERS can do your leg work. I gotta ask, do you have a wife and kids? Brothers or sisters? Friends? If so, she or they should slap you silly. If not, I can see why. Quite obvious that no one takes you seriously because now you're replying to yourself. Must be one lonely and bored soul. Thank god for your job, huh? At least it gives you something to do.

Unhappy Hit the books!

DTW, maybe you should go back to studying and concentrate on becoming a REAL lawyer before you start tearing apart people who do have degrees and know what they are talking about. You sure have an axe to grind and seem very unhappy with the way things are run in WS. Maybe you should move to another town where things would be more to your liking. Get a life and smile! You seem like a very unhappy person.

Typical, making this an issue of the messanger rather than the merits of the message.

Warren, where are you?

Hey, no reply? Know you're out there. Eat sleep and breathe computerese. But I figured as much. Unless you're bashing someone or posting someone else's work I surmise it's not worth your time. I've come to the conclusion that you're no good at what you do. Always want someone to do your leg work. And again, what was the point of your post? To hurt hard working people like the Liberatores, Nigros and the Reidys? What have they ever one to you? But I do hope these people who you mentioned find the time to confront you on exactly what YOUR motive is. You're a snivveling, snot nosed wannabe (sorry wantabe, no offense meant) who should stay off his keyboard. I will wait, but won't expect, a reply to these tough questions. Unless of couse you want to cut and paste someone elses answer. That seems to be all you can do.

Hey there

Typical, making this an issue of the messanger rather than the merits of the message.
    All I want is for you to clarify. No more, no less. Just want the gist of your post. No more, no less. Can't do it though, can ya? Can't give an answer to save your soul. Aw, go ahead and cut and paste something if it'll make ya feel better. Or, better yet if it'll make you feel important. That's it. You wanna be a player and no one will let you in the game, will they? So sad. Well, you have a good night researching things on your computer. Great life, huh?

Warren, come out come out wherever you are

Cat got your fingers? That's it? That's all you got? You're a sham. Still must be lookin for a cut and paste. Take your time. I'll be here waiting. And again, the gist of your post? Trying to hurt hard working people is the way I see it. Gosh, my posts are starting to look redundant. Just like yours, huh? Gotta ask, who's next on your hit list? Not your master, that's for sure. Don't be a wuss. Just answer the questions so we can move on. But I don't think you will. That being said, shows all here who view this site what a snivvely, whiny, out of the game person that you are. Oh, by the way, have an exciting night trying to hurt someone elses reputations. You're a class act.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information