Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The position of Deputy Town Comptroller

The position of Deputy Town Comptroller

Below is the text of my e-mail to the West Seneca Town Board and the West Seneca Town Attorney on the issue of the position of (Acting) Deputy Town Comptroller (Links to sources are added for this post, the attachment was sent with the e-mail):

Sent: Thursday, July 07, 2011 8:09 PM
    To: 'Sheila Meegan'; Wallace C. Piotrowski; daleclarke@roadrunner.com
    Cc: 'Shawn Martin'
    Subject: The position of Deputy Town Comptroller

Dear Town Board Members,

While researching the Town Comptroller's office, I noticed that in the 2010 9 http://www.westseneca.net/sites/defa...20INTERNET.pdf ) and 2011 budgets there is a position of Act(ing) Deputy Town Comptroller that is being held by Linda Kauderer. Interestingly she is not listed by this title on the town website under the Town Comptroller's webpage. I note that the position of Deputy Town Comptroller was abolished by a resolution of the Town Board in March of 2006 ( http://www.westseneca.net/bdmin06/mi060327.html ). I am uncertain of the legality of creating the position of Deputy Town Comptroller via burying it in the budget prepared and submitted by the Supervisor in the budget process. I note that no one mentioned the creation of this position at any of the budget hearings held on these budgets. Regardless of whether or not this was an appropriate or legal way to make such an appointment there appears to be no authority for the creation of such a position according to the attached informal opinion of the Attorney General.

It is my position that this is not a legally authorized position and that appropriate action should be taken to re-coup any remuneration that this person received for holding such position that she would not have received but for holding this position.

Daniel Warren
    Attached Files Attached Files
    “We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate.” ― Thomas Jefferson

The civil service problems in town go way beyond Linda Kauderer!

The civil service problems in town go way beyond Linda Kauderer.

Supervisor Piotrowski, Comptroller Bielecki and clerk Linda Kauderer are illegally using and manipulating the NYS pension system, civil service and Town of WS payroll to help their political allies and punish their enemies. Their illegal unethical activities have cost a town worker 15 years of their pension. Check on the civil service status of Seniors, Recreation, Youth and Parks Director.

Piotowski is a disgrace to public service and gives all politicians a worse name. He should be ashamed of himself.

Originally posted by dtwarren:
    Dear Town Board Members,

While researching the Town Comptroller's office, I noticed that in the 2010 9 http://www.westseneca.net/sites/defa...20INTERNET.pdf ) and 2011 budgets there is a position of Act(ing) Deputy Town Comptroller that is being held by Linda Kauderer. Interestingly she is not listed by this title on the town website under the Town Comptroller's webpage. I note that the position of Deputy Town Comptroller was abolished by a resolution of the Town Board in March of 2006 ( http://www.westseneca.net/bdmin06/mi060327.html ). I am uncertain of the legality of creating the position of Deputy Town Comptroller via burying it in the budget prepared and submitted by the Supervisor in the budget process. I note that no one mentioned the creation of this position at any of the budget hearings held on these budgets. Regardless of whether or not this was an appropriate or legal way to make such an appointment there appears to be no authority for the creation of such a position according to the attached informal opinion of the Attorney General.

It is my position that this is not a legally authorized position and that appropriate action should be taken to re-coup any remuneration that this person received for holding such position that she would not have received but for holding this position.

Daniel Warren
    WOW! Nothing like having her salary increase by 55% in 5 years. She was also listed as Acting Deputy Town Comptroller in 2009.

Georgia L Schlager

Dan run for Supervisor!

Quote Originally Posted by dtwarren View Post
    Below is the text of my e-mail to the West Seneca Town Board and the West Seneca Town Attorney on the issue of the position of (Acting) Deputy Town Comptroller (Links to sources are added for this post, the attachment was sent with the e-mail):

Sent: Thursday, July 07, 2011 8:09 PM
    To: 'Sheila Meegan'; Wallace C. Piotrowski; daleclarke@roadrunner.com
    Cc: 'Shawn Martin'
    Subject: The position of Deputy Town Comptroller

Dear Town Board Members,

Daniel Warren
    Dan, You should run for supervisor! I don't think it is too late!

A 55% increase in salary!

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    WOW! Nothing like having her salary increase by 55% in 5 years. She was also listed as Acting Deputy Town Comptroller in 2009.
    Why do you think in a corrupt administration, a dishonest payroll clerk gets a 55% increase in salary? She does the same Job she has done for years. amazing at data input.

Hard to believe

Quote Originally Posted by Orchardpark View Post
    Why do you think in a corrupt administration, a dishonest payroll clerk gets a 55% increase in salary? She does the same Job she has done for years. amazing at data input.

I know you will find this hard to believe, but the Town is thinking of hiring an outside company to do the payroll, if they haven't already done so. Maybe they won't need her in that position at all. What will she do all day if she isn't doing payroll!

I think Dan should run for supervisor. I think it would give him a new perspective on things. It's so easy to sit in the peanut gallery and criticize other people for what they do, but how many actually step up and take on the responsibility. But this is why Dan will never run because he likes to sit back and be the one to bitch rather than be the one who gets bitched at.

As far as this thread goes, seriously, find something legitimate to discuss. It was not Linda's decision to get appointed to this position or to get the bump in pay. To attack someone and drag them through the mud with a bunch of cheap allegations and name calling is just ridiculous and disgusting. People, especially these days, are just trying to get by and make a living. And I believe they have the right to do so without a bunch of losers with nothing else to do jumping all over them for it.

So in what perspective is it permissible for a Town Supervisor to include, for at least two budgets, appropriations for a position that was abolished by a resolution of the Town Board and may not even exist under N.Y. Town Law?
    “We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate.” ― Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by TheLegendKiller View Post
    It was not Linda's decision to get appointed to this position or to get the bump in pay. To attack someone and drag them through the mud with a bunch of cheap allegations and name calling is just ridiculous and disgusting. People, especially these days, are just trying to get by and make a living. And I believe they have the right to do so without a bunch of losers with nothing else to do jumping all over them for it.
    To my knowledge the town has never appointed a person to a position through the budget process, but rather through resolutions made at either the reorganization meeting or during a regular meeting of the town board. Linda I am sure either was, or should have been, aware of this. She knew or should have known that she was not appointed in this manner, but still took the money.

Both Mr. Bielecki as her supervisor and the Town Comptroller and Mr. Piotrowski as Supervisor signed off on her paychecks without verifying the justification for the pay rate change and making sure that it was properly authorized.

This is disgusting in that it occured and the two people in office that are to watch out for the taxpayers and make sure all expenditures are lawful and properly authorized, allowed it to happen. But it was not cheaqp and it cost the taxpayers.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLegendKiller View Post
    As far as this thread goes, seriously, find something legitimate to discuss. It was not Linda's decision to get appointed to this position or to get the bump in pay. To attack someone and drag them through the mud with a bunch of cheap allegations and name calling is just ridiculous and disgusting. People, especially these days, are just trying to get by and make a living. And I believe they have the right to do so without a bunch of losers with nothing else to do jumping all over them for it.

You seem to know the details. I thought you weren't connected in anyway to the town? For no connection, you seem to take offence at anyone questioning this poor Linda lady...

Yeah, why would a taxpayer care to know that somebody got a 55% pay raise, or that your hero Wally signed off on it? Oh, I gte it, if Wally does something shady it doesn't matter. You're only looking to point out things others do...

Your selective outrage is noted.

I think he is busy working on his law degree at the moment

Quote Originally Posted by wnyfuture View Post
    I think he is busy working on his law degree at the moment
    Man, you're really hung up on that. Is it because he continually uses facts and laws to decimate whatever point it is you're whining about? (it was a rhetorical question)
    I've got an idea...Go to law school yourself, that way you can get some self esteem.

Quote Originally Posted by FisherRd View Post
    Man, you're really hung up on that.
    Well, I didn't come on here like DtWarren and announce he is working on his degree. I and I know everyone else would like to know where he stands with his challenge. I've messaged him on here and he fails to reply. Dt, please tell everyone the status of your challenge. Go Dan Go!

Well, I didn't come on here like DtWarren and announce he is working on his degree. I and I know everyone else would like to know where he stands with his challenge. I've messaged him on here and he fails to reply. Dt, please tell everyone the status of your challenge. Go Dan Go!
    I did not announce that I was working towards my degree, someone asked and I replied.

I'm sure your concern is genuine, and has nothing to do with the fact he swats you away like a gnat so you lash out like a wounded animal...

Seriously, just change your name to "DT'sBitch" and get it over with.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information