Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The position of Deputy Town Comptroller

Quote Originally Posted by TheLegendKiller View Post
    Let's talk about the July 18 meeting. Mr. Clarke used the Comptroller's office as an example of an efficiently run department to justify hiring the daughter of the Senior Center Director. It's ok to speak about it in a positive light when it benefits getting something you want.
    This does not appear to be true. According to the minutes of the July 18, meeting: http://www.westseneca.net/index.php?q=node/493

Councilman Clarke stated that during department budget meetings held earlier today, the town’s independent auditor, Wayne Drescher, indicated that the Comptroller’s Office was previously understaffed but that the efficiency in that office had increased in the last few years after hiring an additional full-time person. Councilman Clarke commented that there is a backload of permits and inspections in the Code Enforcement Office and he thought the additional help was warranted.
    “We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate.” ― Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by dtwarren View Post
    This does not appear to be true. According to the minutes of the July 18, meeting: http://www.westseneca.net/index.php?q=node/493
    What doesn't appear to be true? He used the Comptroller's office as an example of an efficiently run department. But then all of a sudden all hell breaks loose because someone is allegedly receiving out of title pay?

What doesn't appear to be true? He used the Comptroller's office as an example of an efficiently run department.
    Your comprehension seems to be suspect. Increasing efficiency over the years does not translate in to being efficient. Maybe you should sit this one out, sport?

ok then champ, let's move on from debating what the definition of "is" is and move onto my other question that Mr. Warren ignored. Are we suppose to believe that it is a coincidence that Mr. Martin issued a memo to the town board on July 6th and Mr. Warren started this thread on July 7?

Quote Originally Posted by FisherRd View Post
    Your comprehension seems to be suspect. Increasing efficiency over the years does not translate in to being efficient. Maybe you should sit this one out, sport?
    No, I think Legend has a point. As I see it, there is a little conspiracy going on between Martin, Bove, Warren, Clarke and Meegan. They are all in this together and they are attempting to make Piotrowski look bad. Don't tell me that Warren isn't taking direction from Bove, because I believe she is the one to have Warren put his lawsuit on the blog. This is all a game they are playing and in the end this will come out and they will be exposed for what they are. Its too much of a coincidence that Martin sent the memo about Kauderer and then Warren posts it on the site. Why was Martin even looking at that? He has enough work to do without nosing through employees payroll records.

I think I should buy stock in Reynolds there are alot of people wearing tinfoil hats.

So we went from it was legal and appropriate to conjuring up a conspiracy, to make Piotrowski look bad.

I have said it before and I will say it again I take direction from no one.
    “We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate.” ― Thomas Jefferson

ok then champ, let's move on from debating what the definition of "is" is and move onto my other question that Mr. Warren ignored. Are we suppose to believe that it is a coincidence that Mr. Martin issued a memo to the town board on July 6th and Mr. Warren started this thread on July 7?
    You can believe whatever you want but it is just that coincidence.

Quote Originally Posted by truth seeker View Post
    Everyone is giving kudos to Dan, but if I were Linda Kauderer, I would file a defamation suit against the town. This is a personnel issue and should have been handled behind closed doors and not in the media. I don't recall any town airing their personnel issues in the newspaper, except W.S. When you eliminate town positions, someone has to set up and fill the job responsibilities for the vacated spot. No one said a word when Pinnavia took over as Code Enforcement officer and received out-of-title pay. This is the same situation. And BTW, its funny how Dale Clarke mimics the threads on this site when replying to questions thrown at him. I guess when you don't have the ability to do the job on your own, you have to resort to Speak up to help you.
    Pinnavaia recieved authorization from the Town Board for his out-of-title pay, where did the town board authorize the out-of-title pay for Kauderer?

10. Asst. Code Enforcement Officer re Out of title pay

Motion by Councilwoman Meegan, seconded by Supervisor Piotrowski, to approve out-of-title pay to Assistant Code Enforcement Officer Robert Pinnavaia at the prevailing rate of the Code Enforcement Officer as set forth in the Town Budget, effective December 3, 2009 until further notice.

It seems like the coincidences keep coming and what you say on Speak Up comes out of Clarke's mouth! Now if that isn't a coincidence than what is? I can pretty much read between the lines and I will always believe that there is a conspiracy going on. We can argue all day, but in the end, Clarke voted to give Linda Kauderer her salary and did it 3 years in a row. The timing is perfect for this to come out before primary day and if that's a coincidence than we'll see when more info hits the fan and there will be no more denying what took place.

It seems like the coincidences keep coming and what you say on Speak Up comes out of Clarke's mouth! Now if that isn't a coincidence than what is? I can pretty much read between the lines and I will always believe that there is a conspiracy going on. We can argue all day, but in the end, Clarke voted to give Linda Kauderer her salary and did it 3 years in a row. The timing is perfect for this to come out before primary day and if that's a coincidence than we'll see when more info hits the fan and there will be no more denying what took place.
    Where in the minutes are these votes? Please quote them like I have done above, I bet you can't. or if you do they will not stand for what you say they do.

I don’t believe in conspiracies, but I do believe in well orchestrated attacks by a group of people. The problem is you planned it all out a little too well.

Dan Warren, June 3, 2011: “The only one (Piotrowski) saying that he did not have the votes is him”

Dale Clarke, June 6, 2001: “referred to a previous comment from Supervisor Piotrowski that he did not have the support of the Town Board so he didn’t push for the gps units”

Now, after 3 years of the deputy comptroller receiving certain pay, Mr. Warren and Shawn Martin discover this and report on it within a day of each other? Give me a break.

I don’t believe in conspiracies, but I do believe in well orchestrated attacks by a group of people. The problem is you planned it all out a little too well.

Dan Warren, June 3, 2011: “The only one (Piotrowski) saying that he did not have the votes is him”

Dale Clarke, June 6, 2001: “referred to a previous comment from Supervisor Piotrowski that he did not have the support of the Town Board so he didn’t push for the gps units”

Now, after 3 years of the deputy comptroller receiving certain pay, Mr. Warren and Shawn Martin discover this and report on it within a day of each other? Give me a break.
    You are missing the fact that Piotrowski was the one that on June 1, 2011 made the following statement to a WGRZ reporter: http://www.wgrz.com/news/investigati...a-Town-Trucks-

Piotrowski says he did not have the support of the town board so he did not push the plan.
    Who would be so arrogant to make such a statement and not expect to be called out on it by at least one of the other people he tried to cast in a bad light?

As far as me finding out about this "out-of-title" pay issue, as I stated before, I was scrutinizing the Comptroller's office in preparation for the upcoming hearing on Bielecki's removal.

Mr. Martin was probably going through all the appoinments because I also currently have a lawsuit against the town for illegal provisional appointments:

Complaint Civil Service
    Last edited by dtwarren; August 10th, 2011 at 10:13 PM. Reason: spelling

Here is some interesting information from the West Seneca Bee: http://www.westsenecabee.com/news/20...Comptroll.html

According to Meegan, the three board members had met with Bielecki, Town Attorney Shawn Martin, and the town’s labor attorney, Sean P. Beiter, a few weeks ago to discuss the issue.

Beiter reportedly said the appointment was not “proper” and that the way Kauderer’s salary was listed in the budget was done “deceptively.”

But no action was taken by the comptroller at the time of that meeting or since then.

In an email dated July 6 to Bielecki from Martin, the town attorney told the comptroller that the “activity must cease immediately” upon reviewing such documents as Town Board minutes, the Town of West Seneca White Collar Contract and New York Civil Service Law.

“Inasmuch as the deputy town comptroller position does not exist, has not been budgeted for and no appointment has been made by the Town Board, your unilateral promotion of Ms. Kauderer to Acting Deputy Town Comptroller is in violation of [the Civil Service Law],” wrote Martin.

Outside the Town Board meeting, Meegan said that discussing the issue as such during Monday’s session could have been prevented, that Bielecki could have put the issue on the agenda for the next Town Board meeting, at which time board members could have made a provisional appointment for Kauderer as deputy comptroller.

“This wasn’t a secret; it didn’t have to happen,” said Meegan.

The timing is perfect for this to come out before primary day and if that's a coincidence than we'll see when more info hits the fan and there will be no more denying what took place.
    I love a good conspiracy, but what you're describing doesn't meet the criteria of a conspiracy. It appears (if I'm wrong, say so, I'm not saying I'm right) that you're saying "Yeah, Piotrowski is wrong, but it shouldn't be an issue because it looks like his opposition is using it against him".

If Clarke, or Martin, or DT, or the cookie monster get their ideas from this site who cares? It's not like there isn't a Piotrowski, lorigo (right Mrs lorigo, wink wink...), Burchfield, etc faction that posts here pushing their side's agenda, starting rumors, or out right lying about it.

Most everyone reading or posting here has an agenda I imagine. Mine is to call out the obvious pawns, laugh at their transparent arguments, and hopefully learn a thing or two.

I will say DT has been accused of being everyone's pawn, which is odd, because it appears to me he's slung crap (rightly or wrongly) on almost every town official or politician since I've posted here. Even the ones he may have missed surely have experienced headaches because of his watchdogging.

Again, I'm not trying to supply you your argument, I'm just telling you how I read it (and I may very well be wrong).

Originally posted by dtwarren:
    According to Meegan, the three board members had met with Bielecki, Town Attorney Shawn Martin, and the town’s labor attorney, Sean P. Beiter, a few weeks ago to discuss the issue.

Beiter reportedly said the appointment was not “proper” and that the way Kauderer’s salary was listed in the budget was done “deceptively.”

But no action was taken by the comptroller at the time of that meeting or since then.

In an email dated July 6 to Bielecki from Martin, the town attorney told the comptroller that the “activity must cease immediately” upon reviewing such documents as Town Board minutes, the Town of West Seneca White Collar Contract and New York Civil Service Law.

“Inasmuch as the deputy town comptroller position does not exist, has not been budgeted for and no appointment has been made by the Town Board, your unilateral promotion of Ms. Kauderer to Acting Deputy Town Comptroller is in violation of [the Civil Service Law],” wrote Martin.

Outside the Town Board meeting, Meegan said that discussing the issue as such during Monday’s session could have been prevented, that Bielecki could have put the issue on the agenda for the next Town Board meeting, at which time board members could have made a provisional appointment for Kauderer as deputy comptroller.

“This wasn’t a secret; it didn’t have to happen,” said Meegan.
    How could they have made a provisional appointment, since the deputy comptroller position was eliminated not vacant?

Georgia L Schlager

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information