Thread: Caught on Tape: Plowing Private Property with a Town Truck

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Tony Fracasso - Admin

Caught on Tape: Plowing Private Property with a Town Truck

Caught on Tape: Plowing Private Property with a Town Truck

Home video shot last Wednesday shows a Town of Tonawanda truck pulling out of a scrap yard on Newfield Street in Buffalo. Just minutes earlier, the same person who works across the street, snapped a picture, of what appears to be a Town of Tonawanda truck, plowing a driveway that belongs to a private business.

"It is definitely a town identified truck," said Councilman John Donnelly (R-Tonawanda).

Donnelly says a water resources employee has been suspended without pay for six days for using town equipment to plow out the private business.

"It opens up a whole can of worms, it opens up how long has this been going on, what do we do to prevent it in the future," he added.

Reporter, "And what are you prepared to do about this?"
    Full Story On Channel 2

Donnelly says a water resources employee has been suspended without pay for six days for using town equipment to plow out the private business.

"It opens up a whole can of worms, it opens up how long has this been going on, what do we do to prevent it in the future," he added.
    Nothing but lip service. 6 Days Off???? All Donnelly did was give the guy a vacation between Christmas & New Year.

I think we are finally beginning to see a community (at least a small portion of it) that is watching what Government and its Employees are doing. It is up to Government now to train its employees that people are watching so, "We don't care what you do, but if you're doing something wrong (or nothing at all) just don't do it where the public can see you"!

I used to see this kind of rampant abuse when I lived in the Town. I've seen Highway workers moving personal things in the Crew Chief pickups, plowing their own driveways.
    The Town of Tonawanda is not immune to it. I mean if you look at the almighty Highway Department, Water Department, or the Parks Department it's nothing but patronage jobs.
    What is with the Town and their Highway Department? It's like it's a branch of military service in the town.
    Be advised, I'm mean nasty and tired. I eat concertina wire and piss napalm and I could put a round through a fleas ass at 300 meters. So why don't you hump somebody else's leg mutt-face before I push yours in. (Heartbreak Ridge)

Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloEMT14216
    .........What is with the Town and their Highway Department? It's like it's a branch of military service in the town.
    What'cha mean, EMT?

I should have used a better analogy.

It's just the way the Town of Tonawanda is...everything and everyone is better then any other towns.

I have never seen a municipality so in love with it's Highway Dept. Who ever has an open house at a highway barn? Remember when Hedges killed himself?
    The TTPD was very hush hush about that. I dunno, to me it's just governed weird and they strive to be different from everyone else.
    The Highway Superintendent's name is plastered everywhere, especially those taxpayer paid for street signs now on Military Road. The Town is just, weird. You would think Mr. Rowles was Supervisor.
    Be advised, I'm mean nasty and tired. I eat concertina wire and piss napalm and I could put a round through a fleas ass at 300 meters. So why don't you hump somebody else's leg mutt-face before I push yours in. (Heartbreak Ridge)

Thread Information