Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New "Surcharge" Costs NYS Small Businesses

New "Surcharge" Costs NYS Small Businesses

More fees for the little guys this BS!!

http://www.wgrz.com/news/article/128...all-Businesses
    God must love stupid people; He made so many

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    We got the SAME LETTER...

We called about it and it's a basic interest charge on NY state's unemployment insurance loan.

Tony when was the last time you fired someone?
    "I know you guys enjoy reading my stuff because it all makes sense. "

Dumbest post ever! Thanks for the laugh PO!

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Never fired anyone. Parted ways when some stuff wasn't profitable anymore. That's more like laid off. Times changed over the years.

Who remembers type writer repair shops?

When was the last time you went to your local black smith?

When was the last time you needed to replace your whip for your buggy?

That's the kicker... you've paid what $900 a year per worker and haven't had any fired people... how much is that you've "given"?

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I paid LOADS over the years. It's sickening when you then add up everything you pay to "Government" at all levels including income tax/fees on just about every bill you pay to operate your business. It's all the same. Town/county/state for the most part. Just too much spending period. Too much "technical" compensation which is making our state not competitive in our global economy.

Just think about your property taxes for a moment. school/town are taxes all in the same. Services rendered by "government inc" employees....

I think we are charged by the town town board of cheektowaga $5400 for services rendered. I understand some county is thrown in there along with the fee for the school employees and town employees. To me it's all the same.. services rendered.

I'm only 47. If I live 30 more years (30 X $5400) (and you know it's on a path of never ending increases) = $162,000 dollars. I say BS now like every other town resident should say.

Stop blaming albany that you can't make changes. Townboard should vote they now longer want to operate under the the laws they use as an excuse never to make any meaningful changes.

OH they won't though... We have a fair number of town employees who are committee people working as volunteers to get the current town board re-elected again. They don't want to lose that help.

I don't know Ted Morton at all but I did like some of the topics he touched on.

Quote Originally Posted by Dougles View Post
    That's the kicker... you've paid what $900 a year per worker and haven't had any fired people... how much is that you've "given"?
    No, you didn't pay $900. The rest of us paid a portion of that for you because you got a tax deduction for it.

And if you didn't have to pay even the reduced portion would you have increased your employees pay by the difference? Yes? then your employees are the real people who paid the premiums.

And moreover, it is an insurance system for the benefit of the employees.

I've owned houses for 35 years. none has ever burnt down. Yet I've paid the fire insurance every year.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    No, you didn't pay $900. The rest of us paid a portion of that for you because you got a tax deduction for it.
    how to you replace the time it took to earn the 900 even though you got a write off... you can't.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    how to you replace the time it took to earn the 900 even though you got a write off... you can't.
    Your employee is the one who earns the 900. The only time you should be spending on the matter is counting the profits from your employee's labor.

Let's assume that your marginal earned income tax rate is 50% (28% fed, 7% NYS, and 15% self-employment.)

That 900 actually only cost you 450.

If you pay your employee 20/hr, then you should be making at least 10/hr at a minimum. Than means you can either avoid the cost of that 450 by paying your employee 22.5 cents per hour less, or suffer the entire burden yourself by only making 9.77 per hour instead of 10 per hour off your employees efforts.

This is what you are all hot and bothered about?

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    What ever.. it's too much.. it's stupid.. They are just spending too much money period.

Self employment taxes aren't included... it the same reason thy of you have a 401k you have two different "incomes" when you so your taxes, your FICA income ans your w-2 income.

Quote Originally Posted by Dougles View Post
    Self employment taxes aren't included... it the same reason thy of you have a 401k you have two different "incomes" when you so your taxes, your FICA income ans your w-2 income.
    ????

When figuring how much tax you save from a business deduction, you need to add the income and self employment tax that you won't be paying because of the deduction.

For example, if the $900 surcharge were eliminated, then the business owner would have $900 additional profit but would pay $252 in federal tax, $63 in state tax, and $135 in self employment tax, leaving him with only $450.

So he really only pays $450, not $900.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    ????

When figuring how much tax you save from a business deduction, you need to add the income and self employment tax that you won't be paying because of the deduction.

For example, if the $900 surcharge were eliminated, then the business owner would have $900 additional profit but would pay $252 in federal tax, $63 in state tax, and $135 in self employment tax, leaving him with only $450.

So he really only pays $450, not $900.
    "Government speak"

Your paying every dollar they ask for. Whether it's in "cash" or "time".

The other issue is the $900 is paid this year. Then you get to wait until next year to claim it as a business deduction. And if they hit you with another $900 next year that isn't deductible until the following year. So regardless, you're running $900 in the hole every year until the day you shut your business down.
    Government is not the solution to our problem. Government is the problem. Ronald Reagan

I should put on a course "Business for Non-Business People" or write a bokk on "Business for Dummies". I could call myself a not-for-profit educational institution and not pay taxes.
    Government is not the solution to our problem. Government is the problem. Ronald Reagan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information