Thread: Cheektowaga Town Board Meeting

Cheektowaga Town Board Meeting

This had to be the longest Town Board meeting I have ever attended. There was a public hearing on a proposed apartment complex going in on Cayuga Creek Rd. One resident was in favor but many are against. They had a valid point in saying there a plenty of apartment complexes around the area and they don't need another one.

Jeff Switek tabled the resolution vote on the separation of sanitation from the highway department and the appointment of the chief forman. They will take it up again at the next meeting on December 27. They also said they interviewed 6 people for the position. It should be an interesting meeting next week. I bet they are hoping there won't be many people there since it is Christmas week.

There was some heated discussion on the sanitation police and complaints from a resident who feels the workers should not be picking up shopping carts and bringing them back to Tops or other stores. Some residents feel the sanitation police are a waste of taxpayers money and not doing a good enough job of getting compliance. The board said there has been a 70% increase in the use of bags in cans and feels it is a good use of funds.

The first meeting of the new year will be January 7.
    Adopt an English Springer Spaniel.
    http://www.springerrescue.org
    "Striving to be the person
    that my dogs think I am"

www.BuffaloReUse.org

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    There was some heated discussion on the sanitation police and complaints from a resident who feels the workers should not be picking up shopping carts and bringing them back to Tops or other stores. Some residents feel the sanitation police are a waste of taxpayers money and not doing a good enough job of getting compliance. The board said there has been a 70% increase in the use of bags in cans and feels it is a good use of funds.
    It's a joke. At least that's how I look at it. You give the sanitation men ticket pads... they tape one or mail one in if the rules are not followed. YOU do not need someone on the payroll getting carts.

How did the guy land the job that has it now? A player volunteer in the democratic party?

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident
    It's a joke. At least that's how I look at it. You give the sanitation men ticket pads... they tape one or mail one in if the rules are not followed. YOU do not need someone on the payroll getting carts.

How did the guy land the job that has it now? A player volunteer in the democratic party?
    I think he is the one who tried to get the appointment last year for Jim Jankowiaks open seat when he became Supervisor for Gabryzaks open seat. They bribed him with the garbage police job so he would withdraw. He did and Zydel got the appointment.

Quote Originally Posted by OneEmerald
    This had to be the longest Town Board meeting I have ever attended. There was a public hearing on a proposed apartment complex going in on Cayuga Creek Rd. One resident was in favor but many are against. They had a valid point in saying there a plenty of apartment complexes around the area and they don't need another one.

Jeff Switek tabled the resolution vote on the separation of sanitation from the highway department and the appointment of the chief forman. They will take it up again at the next meeting on December 27. They also said they interviewed 6 people for the position. It should be an interesting meeting next week. I bet they are hoping there won't be many people there since it is Christmas week.

I thought this was the meeting that Kevin Gaughn (sp?) was going to be at as part of his shrink-government-road-show. I take it that didn't happen?

I wonder what the statistics are on that 70%. Are they saying that after the garbage can law went into effect that 70% more people began using them? I would say almost all of my street used cans before the law, as well as most of Cheektowaga. The only areas that didnt were places like Cedargrove. And if you drive through there on garbage day, you will see that they still dont use garbage cans.

They probably jsut threw that number out there to make it sound like the garbage police was justified. Another point is that since garbage can usage is up, they can eliminate the position right? Or are they going to actually write tickets to the 30% who dont comply with the law?

Quote Originally Posted by atotaltotalfan2001
    I thought this was the meeting that Kevin Gaughn (sp?) was going to be at as part of his shrink-government-road-show. I take it that didn't happen?
    Yes, he spoke after the meeting. I didn't stay for it. But I did get his literature.
    that my dogs think I am"

www.BuffaloReUse.org

Quote Originally Posted by crabapples
    The only areas that didnt were places like Cedargrove. And if you drive through there on garbage day, you will see that they still dont use garbage cans.
    Where abouts in Cedargrove are you driving that you see the garbage?

The problem in Cedargrove is not with the homeowners, most are using the cans. The tenants in the 4-families are the biggest offenders. There are transient tenants who don't know and don't care. It has always been a problem and will continue to be a problem in Cedargrove.
    that my dogs think I am"

www.BuffaloReUse.org

Anyone find it odd that the Town Board had such a large agenda when Gaughan was supposed to speak? Anyone think they did that on purpose?

Quote Originally Posted by RagnarThePirate
    Anyone find it odd that the Town Board had such a large agenda when Gaughan was supposed to speak? Anyone think they did that on purpose?
    Perish the thought!

Where abouts in Cedargrove are you driving that you see the garbage?

The problem in Cedargrove is not with the homeowners, most are using the cans. The tenants in the 4-families are the biggest offenders. There are transient tenants who don't know and don't care. It has always been a problem and will continue to be a problem in Cedargrove.
    The row houses, especially the ones by the old drive-in. The homeowners are good people. Its the renters and their landlords that make the place look like ****. Knock those ugly row houses down and build some new modest homes there. That ought to reduce the rat population.

Of all the town boards in erie county, that don't want to hear or have Gaughn heard is cheektowaga. They have how many members???? Too many But the waste in everywhere. EVERY single town,city, village ect are overstakked. just for starters. damm this gaughn has good idea's but looks like a wimp. we need to help him.

Thread Information