Thread: Cat with kittens

Cat with kittens

There's another stray cat in my yard with 4 adorable BLACK kittens. They're probably about 4 weeks old. I'm at my wit's end as to WHO to call etc. Does anyone care anything about animals anymore or is it ok to just dump them out anywhere you like? Me, I can't let anyone go hungry which is probably my downfall. HELP PLEASE!!!!!
    Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.
    Plato

In this section of Lancaster, people drop off cats at the park because they know one guy (who happens to live across the street) feeds them. I've counted over 30 cats now - and they've gone feral.

Good luck - SPCA - won't touch it. Lancaster - won't touch it. Dept. of Health - won't touch it. Dog catcher - won't touch it.

The way that I look at it is that just providing food doesn't make an animal live a happy life - they can find food on their own. Feeding them just exacerbates the problem. Responsible pet owners who spay and neuter their pets are the best prevention against these issues....

Quote Originally Posted by SafeWNY View Post
    Feeding them just exacerbates the problem. Responsible pet owners who spay and neuter their pets are the best prevention against these issues....
    So I just let them go hungry??? I miscounted, there's FIVE! If I could catch the mother, I'd have here spayed and let her go. However FIVE is way beyond my ability to do. I have 2 in the house that have never been outside, oldest being 13. For some reason the strays always pick my house to crash at. I'm a sucker.
    Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.
    Plato

Believe me - they won't go hungry - they just know that you have the easy meal

There's a place in East Aurora that specializes in feral and stray cats - the problem is that they are so overwhelmed right now.....

Good luck!!!

Well they're gone. Mom must have moved them because I was watching too much, LOL! I couldn't help it, they were TOO cute!
    Plato

Good to hear - the problem is that once they become established, they turn into rabbits...if you know what I mean......then you have a real issue on your hands!!!

Good Grief!

Now I have ANOTHER cat with 5 kittens under my mobile home. What is wrong with people to just discard their animals like garbage? Not sure what to do but have called several places.
    Plato

Did you try putting an ad on Craigslist? Take a pic of the unfortunate family and post it.

There are many people who will take-in stray cats, especially kittens.

Just be sure to ignore any requests from Chinese restaurants, unless you like General Tsao's to be a little "stringy".
    Most of all I like bulldozers and dirt

Quote Originally Posted by nickelcityhomes View Post
    Did you try putting an ad on Craigslist? Take a pic of the unfortunate family and post it.
    There are many people who will take-in stray cats, especially kittens.
    Just be sure to ignore any requests from Chinese restaurants, unless you like General Tsao's to be a little "stringy".
    Yes, I did post on craigslist, but have only received a message from someone tellling me I should do this/do that/ etc. . Sorta hard to get a pic. LOL I will certainly ignore any Chinese restaurant request. Thanks!
    Plato

Well the last mom w/5 kits is still here. Going to get cold soon. Not a clue what to do!
    Plato

Quote Originally Posted by anyones neighbor View Post
    Well the last mom w/5 kits is still here. Going to get cold soon. Not a clue what to do!
    The cats are still here. I can't believe how big they've gotten. Of course they eat well. I had someone offer to come & trap them & take them to a farm and they never showed up! Why are people the way they are anyway?????
    Plato

Thread Information