View Poll Results: Businessmen and Farm Managers must be identified and punished for hiring illegals.

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

20 86.96%
  • NO

3 13.04%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Illegal Immigrants

Unregistered
    if you can drop out of school
    if you can skip school
    if you can accept government welfare
    if you can accept municipal housing
    if you have the time to do abuse drugs and alochol

then yuo have the time to pick apples and peaches and cherries

Quote Originally Posted by Linda_D
    The people who are working on farms aren't on social services, so how, exactly, are you paying to support them?
    Yet their children are educated for free, they go to the ER for medical for free and on and on and on.

Quote Originally Posted by govtchecker
    Yet their children are educated for free, they go to the ER for medical for free and on and on and on.
    I agree that offering free education, forcing hospitals to treat people, and all these other programs that are funded and run by the government is a problem. You might want to look at the root and not a unintended consiquence from the root.

If you want to remove a weed do you pick a leaf from the weed? No you go after the root with a shovel. What is the root? The root is the redistribution of wealth.
    If you walk around in a forest with your eyes closed you will eventually walk in to a tree.

2 + 2 = 5

Jesus died for your sins I do it for your mere entertainment dollar (Doug Stanhope)

Quote Originally Posted by govtchecker
    So are the children of American citizens who are too poor to pay taxes or pay medical bills.

Quote Originally Posted by mesue
    I suppose it depends.
    If a farmer (who is a business person because that is what a farm is) is allowed to legally ask a person's immigration status, then yes they should be punished for hiring illegal aliens. However, if a farmer/business person is not allowed to ask, then no, they should not be held accountable.
    What's the basis for asking? That a person speaks with an accent? That a person is non-white?

How would you like to questioned about your right to be in this country every time you went to the bank or the supermarket or applied for a job, etc? Puerto Ricans get this all the time, and they're American citizens.

The fact is that much of the "illegal immigrant" hysteria is being fueled by racism against Hispanics. I don't think that it's an accident that much of the anti-illegal immigrant sentiment comes from areas where prejudice against Mexicans has been a tradition going back to the 1800s or that a lot of right wing politicians embrace it since much of the RW ideology revolves around returning to "the good old days" when the deck was stacked to keep white men at the top of the heap -- or dunghill as it were.

If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it's probably a duck.

What's the basis for asking? ...
    Why wouldn't one ask?
    I'm asked every time I fill out a job application.
    Am I 18 years old?
    Do I have any felonies?
    Am I a legal citizen of the USA?
    I'm white and the only accent I have is that Buffalo whine.
    First Amendment rights are like muscles, if you don't exercise them they will atrophy.

So are the children of American citizens who are too poor to pay taxes or pay medical bills.
    The key words are "American Citizens"
    We need to take care of our own above anyone not here legally.
    First Amendment rights are like muscles, if you don't exercise them they will atrophy.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    The topic is illegal immigrants not legal american citizens and thier families.

Illegals, get it!

Isn't this survey and thread supposed to be about hiring illegal immigrants?

Crabapples said it clearly and best:
    If you employ illegal, undocumented workers, you should be fined/jailed, whatever the proper punishment is. Period. End of story.

Farmers would not go out of business if they hired documented, migrant, or U.S. citizen, workers. Why is there this belief that only illegals are working on farms? This is far from true. This is the corporate smoke screen about doom and gloom not only for the farmers, but for the consumer as well. Don't buy into their lies, folks.

Unregistered

Id like to meet one mother that neglects to suckle her own children for someone elses

Id like to meet one mother that neglects to suckle her own children for someone elses

This nation has a responsibility to take care of its citizens but somehow our corporations and our elected officials seem to want to take care of everyone but

If all illegals are given some form of amnesty;Protection from deporation if they legally register, ideally, we'd be able to keep track of them.
    They (illegals) would have legal access to jobs which American workers would have to compete with them for.

If illegals were granted full legal status to compete for jobs with American workers, companies would hire mainly foreign, undocumented workers leaving millions of Americans unemployed, ruining the tax base and the rest of our fake economy even more.

Corporations will hire ONLY the best workers for the jobs so illegal-documented workers would NOT have any "advantages" over American job applicants?

The bottom line is a corporation's profit margin.
    Whatever legal, illegal and immoral means produce more for less is what a company will usually opt for.

That's why robots replaced human workers (in some manufacturing jobs), because the employers save money in the long run. No health ins. or other worries.

Illegal aliens will work for MUCH less than the "spoiled" American worker will under sometimes unsafe (and cheaper) working conditions and will settle for a fraction of the benefits once afforded nearly all American workers.
    Coincidence is the word we use when we can't see the levers and pulleys.

Emma Bull

Yet, they are citizens. Not here in violation of the law.

Be here against the law of this country and you should get nothing. Nothing at all. If you want a hand out, GO HOME.

This is too funny. . .

"I know I cannot win," [Tom Tancredo] confessed at a lightly attended news conference in the Marriott hotel here, where a balky sound system -- made in China! -- marred the announcement that he was quitting the presidential race. Thus, just two weeks before the Iowa caucuses, Tancredo determined that "it was best for the cause that I step down."

A grand total of 18 staff members and supporters -- some wearing pins proclaiming "Proud member of Tom's Army Against Amnesty" -- stood to the side and fought back tears. Adding to the pain, the Marriott restaurant, just steps from the meeting room where Tancredo quit the race, was serving a "South of the Border Thursday" lunch buffet.

The supporters passed by the restaurant and went upstairs to a hotel room to mourn their candidate's departure from the race. Conveniently, all the Tancredo supporters were able to fit in one elevator.
    One beautiful thing about having a government of the corporations, by the corporations, and for the corporations is that every disaster is measured in terms of economic loss. It's sort of like getting your arm sheared off in a car accident and thinking, "Damn, now it'll take longer to fold the laundry" as blood spurts from your arteries. - The Rude Pundit

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident
    If that is the case and they are only making less the minimun wage how are they completely supporting themselves?

No heap? food stamps? welfare? Section 8? anything? Schooling for kids?
    Your right; we should only support the filth and scum of this country who DO NOTHING but sit on their ass all day. Give me a hard working illegal ANYDAY.

I'm sick of this propaganda===Yeah, Mexicans are destroying our economy...not the millions of US CITIZENS who do nothing but collect. There is NO DIFFERENCE except one is a citizen and one is not....Its all a ploy---

"Worry about the illegals"--while we steal ALL YOUR MONEY and cause wars in the name of money--and lie to you--Thank you
    US GOVT.
    Peace Out Funky

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information