Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The house next to the creek.

Tony Fracasso - Admin

The house next to the creek.

Quote Originally Posted by Lancaster wetlands
    A FEELING OF WRONG DOING......... The Town has blatenly lied and has been totally irresponsible in controling waters and building on wetlands. Do you drive with your eyes closed... I'd rather be Kojak. What and wait for all the building to be completed so they can say it was someone elses fault....I have enough photos to make my own photo album of flooding,erosion and down right stupidity. Did you forget about the house on Seibert next to the creek. now theres a lake on both sides after everyone tried to fix what they screwed up. Her driveway should be shot by spring with water sitting on both sides. Sherwood had the nerve to say the lot on the other side was a buildable lot!!!!! they could build a moat A this went through a SEQR by the planning board Yes your right they all did there jobs and acted responsibly and had the residents and buyers best interest at heart!!!!! They get out there rubber stamp and say OK ....they don't look into anything unless someone questions whats being done. This house on seibert was given building permits and went through the SEQR process and everyone in the neighborhood thought it was a joke. When you ask a direct question they won't even answer... Why's that
    How old is the house with the water around the driveway?

It's a new build.

Originally Posted by Lancaster wetlands

Sherwood had the nerve to say the lot on the other side was a buildable lot!!!!!
    That was a confusing little diatribe he made on the Seibert lots. They didn't know (after the holy SEQR process) and they didn't approve it (because they don't approve lots). ?????

One of these days I have to listen to a tape of the Sherwood on the house and lots on Seibert. I'm still mystified by that one.

A standing testament to the "build now and we'll figure it all out later" theory.

A great benefit to a local community.

why does it matter how old the house is...

So if it's an older house we should have known better... now you sound like sherwood.. If it matters it was around the Oct storm when the house was completed. I have pictures of hoses coming out of the front window and basement pumping out water... She spoke to town and asked all the right questions if there was any water issues and was told... NO.

my residence is and older home I've lived here my entire life and they have caused several problems. twice moving the creek to make buildable lots one house sits where the creek used to flow and they moved it on my property. So who caused my problems it wasn't there when my parents bought the house. now who's responsible.....Should I also mention when My father went to challenge the moving of the creek 30 years ago. He was threatened by police and building inspector because he had his own business and had his Trucks at the house. He was told large trucks could not drive down Brunck Road or Seibert. It's amazing all the big trucks and construction equipment that travel these roads now. The road has not changed any but we must develop Lancaster so it's OK. More BS....You better get your facts straight before you side with Giza and Freinds.

Lancaster wetlands,
    I think the post must have been taken incorrectly. The age of the house is important only to show the disregard for developing intelligently that exists at present and that as other problems occur and have occurred, they just don't seem to learn.

The building that takes place in wetlands and the pushing of water needs to end in Lancaster and the policy of "you should have known better" needs to be thrown back into their laps. It's going to bite them in the can somewhere along the line, the only question is when.

Now that the Town will become the enforcer in January, either they will start to understand the situations they are creating or the "bite" will come sooner than later.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Lancaster wetlands,
    I think the post must have been taken incorrectly. The age of the house is important only to show the disregard for developing intelligently that exists at present and that as other problems occur and have occurred, they just don't seem to learn.
    Bingo.

Someone was sold a bill of goods and now they have to pay for the expense.

Is this a current ongoing issue or only when the OCT storm hit?

Would the own mind if we knew the address so we can grab a google map to see the relation of the creek to the home? And then overlay a tint to show where water buildup is around the property?

Lancaster Wetlands,

Is that house on the east side of Siebert just north of Brunck? I remember a few years ago when my son was looking to build his house, there was 4 lots for sale in that area of Siebert. I haven't driven by there to see if anything was built on those lots.

Georgia L Schlager

Originally Posted by WNYresident

Ongoing as far as I know. There were corrective measures taken, but from what I was told, they weren't very effective. I'm sure there's someone here that has up to date info.

Would the own mind if we knew the address so we can grab a google map to see the relation of the creek to the home? And then overlay a tint to show where water buildup is around the property?
    Try these:
    http://www.speakupwny.com/article_3258.shtml

http://www.speakupwny.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12206

Should I also mention when My father went to challenge the moving of the creek 30 years ago. He was threatened by police and building inspector because he had his own business and had his Trucks at the house. He was told large trucks could not drive down Brunck Road or Seibert. It's amazing all the big trucks and construction equipment that travel these roads now. The road has not changed any but we must develop Lancaster so it's OK. More BS....You better get your facts straight before you side with Giza and Freinds
    That's an interesting statement because it shows that, according to you, fraudulent stuff was, apparently going on 30 years ago.

I mean what are the odds that a Town could be so corrupt for so long?

Quote Originally Posted by therising
    That's an interesting statement because it shows that, according to you, fraudulent stuff was, apparently going on 30 years ago.

UNLIKELY THAT IS WHAT.... The more these people flap about the more you need to wonder if they actually have anything... I cannot believe for one second that a person's house could become overwelmed by water do to poor drainage caused by actions of the Town and nothing could be done about it.

Quote Originally Posted by concernedwnyer
    [B]
    UNLIKELY THAT IS WHAT.... The more these people flap about the more you need to wonder if they actually have anything... I cannot believe for one second that a person's house could become overwelmed by water do to poor drainage caused by actions of the Town and nothing could be done about it.[/B]
    Your unwavering support and belief the town can do no wrong is truly sick and sad all at the same time. The town was, is and always will be the lead agency when it comes to the final decisions on where and how to develop and grow the town. Very seldom do they ever exhibit any intelligent decisions regarding this. It is absurd to allow homes to be built into lowlands and flood plains and yet we can visibly see the town and planning board seem to totally disregard any smart decisions regarding these issues. As a matter of fact, they show NO intelligent thought whatsoever. It seems the decision always is , build now and worry about consequences later. Housing in flood plains, over crowded roads, many areas without adequate water pressure to properly fight fires and on and on. Yet you always mock the people who have true concerns. You are a very delusional person.

Rising posted:

Questions that should be asked concerning the home on Siebert are:

1. Whether the house is situated on a buildable lot? Was there enough lot to accommodate putting a house that close to a floodplain? If not, why would the Planning Board recommend approval of the site plan, the Town Board approve the site plan and the Building Department issue a building permit?

2. Why didn’t the builder not give notice to the homeowner that he or she were building in a flood zone and that the dry creek bed they showed her in the summer flooded during heavy rains and snow melts?

3. Why did the builder locate the house so close to Siebert Road, the closest spot to the creek?

4. Why didn’t the realtor, who I have been told lives in the neighborhood, not advise the owner that the dry narrow/branch of Slate Bottom Creek that he or she was looking at in the summer months floods during heavy rains and snow melts?

5. Why would a prospective homeowner purchase a home next to a “dry ditch” in summer, see a bridge next to the lot and not do due diligence – especially when the daughter lives nearby?

Unfortunately, in today’s world truth and trust are being replaced by deceit and skepticism and when someone errs in doing due diligence they are going to hear, “You should have know better.”

Quote Originally Posted by 4achange
    Your unwavering support and belief the town can do no wrong is truly sick and sad all at the same time.

Nice to hear from you too 4achange...... Is your water pressure back up to 50-60 PSI???

Quote Originally Posted by concernedwnyer

Nice to hear from you too 4achange...... Is your water pressure back up to 50-60 PSI???
    47-50 PSI to be exact. Why dont you ask your local fire department whether that is enough to run a fire truck? I already know the answer.
    Maybe we could use some of the flood water from Ellicott creek to help boost the pressure.
    While your at it, ask Mr Giza how much the bond is to replace the lines to the new subdivisions. Then ask him how we pay for it?

Quote Originally Posted by 4achange
    47-50 PSI to be exact. Why dont you ask your local fire department whether that is enough to run a fire truck? I already know the answer.

I would not know the answer to that and I do not play around with fire trucks so it would be pointless.

Maybe we could use some of the flood water from Ellicott creek to help boost the pressure.

We will send you a rubber dingy so you could float away down stream to save yourself.

While your at it, ask Mr Giza how much the bond is to replace the lines to the new subdivisions. Then ask him how we pay for it?

That is an easy one. Bonds are sold and paid back from profit revenues or in this case taxes.

Looking for inteligent life....

Just to answer a few questions....But first let me tell you the for sale sign on the lot Mr.sherwood said was a buildable lot has been taken down......

Originally Posted by WNYresident

Yes even during the dry months the water just sat on the opposite side of the house due to poor drainage and raising the elevations to build the homes. the creek is actually 5 to 6 feet from her house.

Is that house on the east side of Siebert just north of Brunck? I remember a few years ago when my son was looking to build his house, there was 4 lots for sale in that area of Siebert. I haven't driven by there to see if anything was built on those lots.
    yes thats exactly where its located..Take a drive by and look by bridge and look how close its built to creek and look at the empty lot on the other side of creek and tell me thats buildable.

4. Why didn’t the realtor, who I have been told lives in the neighborhood, not advise the owner that the dry narrow/branch of Slate Bottom Creek that he or she was looking at in the summer months floods during heavy rains and snow melts?
    Yes he lives on Brunck and he should have known better cause he also grew up here.

UNLIKELY THAT IS WHAT.... The more these people flap about the more you need to wonder if they actually have anything... I cannot believe for one second that a person's house could become overwelmed by water do to poor drainage caused by actions of the Town and nothing could be done about it.
    Well concerned .....why don't you stop over and we will go visit about 20 people on the street and well let them tell you. I can supply you with all kinds of people even who live in the development and wonder why there sump pump goes 24-7. I have actuall seepage come through my basement walls ( the town engineer said its from the high water table) You know theres a high water table less than a foot in areas and thats a matter of record but what the hell lets put up 195 homes and see what happens.

If it rains bring boots you want to poke fun and flap your jaw come on over. Plan on walking I can even show you where the town tried to fix the road and the soil from eroding underneath. Even that is being pushed in from water coming from bowen square. Or take a look at the bridge that has pieces of cement missing from the water rising. You want facts I got more facts than you can handle. The original windsor ridge was built on wetlands but was kept under radar because it was done in small parcels and I think it was 12 acres wetlands they took down to (0). Only after several complaints by new homeowners did the DEC get involved. The land was delinated again and homeowners bought lots and homes with wetlands on them and cannot use this space for sheds,pools ect without applying for permits. Yes that sounds legit to me...Bring your camera you could be Kojak in training...

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information