Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WHO decided to send out an IP party person to sign for democrats?

Tony Fracasso - Admin

WHO decided to send out an IP party person to sign for democrats?

Who runs the IP party now?

WHY are they collecting signatures in the name of democrats on the cheektowaga town board?

They are taking signatures for county exec also which had some other names I never heard of. ..

I told him point blank it's chris collins and why are you collecting signatures for democrats...

I also asked what party did the other people belong to and he didn't know.

I didn't get an answer.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    EVen had a signature sheet with Mary Holtz and the board members. Democrats to the core...

I know Mary loves the town but it's not about that. It's about the cost of living in Cheektowaga.

And when can we replace Jeff as the "Negotiator" for the tax payer. We need someone with a set of balls.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    And I didn't sign... Had some IP traitor walking petitions. I hope he reads this.. I told him I'm the guy who runs speakup...

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    I know Mary loves the town but it's not about that. It's about the cost of living in Cheektowaga.
    Then Collins has you fooled. For example, he has proposed putting the cost of maintaining the library buildings on the towns. He has put the county roads in Cheektowaga needing repair at the end of the list because the town is mostly democrats. Clarence gets a larger share of the sales tax from the Galleria then Cheektowaga, yet cheektowaga pays all the costs associated with the mall.

Collins is balancing the county budget on the backs of towns like Cheektowaga.

Please be aware that the only IP petitions that are valid have a
    committee on vacancies that has the NYS IP Chairman Frank McKay, the
    NYS IP Vice Chairman Tom Connolly and the NYS IP Secretary Mr. Bogart.
    Some Erie County IP figures are promoting petitions with their own
    names on the committee on vacancies. These petitions are unacceptable
    to NYS IP that controls all authorizations.
    I never said I had no idea about most of the things you said I said I had no idea about.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    Then Collins has you fooled. For example, he has proposed putting the cost of maintaining the library buildings on the towns. He has put the county roads in Cheektowaga needing repair at the end of the list because the town is mostly democrats. Clarence gets a larger share of the sales tax from the Galleria then Cheektowaga, yet cheektowaga pays all the costs associated with the mall.

Collins is balancing the county budget on the backs of towns like Cheektowaga.

Your version of what is happening?

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by sneakers77 View Post
    Please be aware that the only IP petitions that are valid have a
    committee on vacancies that has the NYS IP Chairman Frank McKay, the
    NYS IP Vice Chairman Tom Connolly and the NYS IP Secretary Mr. Bogart.
    Some Erie County IP figures are promoting petitions with their own
    names on the committee on vacancies. These petitions are unacceptable
    to NYS IP that controls all authorizations.
    I skimmed the sheets... one sheet looked like all of the people currently on the town board.... Where is ted mortons name? I saw mary holtz's name on the sheet. Seriously I know she loves the town but it's not about that. It's what you pay to live in your home in the form of taxes. period.

Who runs the IP party now?

WHY are they collecting signatures in the name of democrats on the cheektowaga town board?

They are taking signatures for county exec also which had some other names I never heard of. ..

I told him point blank it's chris collins and why are you collecting signatures for democrats...

I also asked what party did the other people belong to and he didn't know.

I didn't get an answer.
    Just for clarification: Only an IP committee person can only collect signatures for someone running for the IP line.

An IP committee person can collect signature for any candidate for the IP line. An IP, Republican or Democratic candidate can all end up getting enough IP signatures to get the IP line. If any two or more parties get enough IP signatures they will have a primary for the line.
    **free is a trademark of the current U.S. government.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    WHo is currently running the local party? There is something most definitely screwed up. Specially seeing they are collecting signatures for the same group of democrats that have over the years caused our taxes to be the highest in the area, isn't that correct?

I think the IP group should be supporting Ted Morton instead of ANY current elected official in my town. Charley is fine though. He has shown me over time where actions were taken to physically save money for the people who live here...

I also heard the new guy running our police department has drastically cut the over time games.

WHo is currently running the local party? There is something most definitely screwed up. Specially seeing they are collecting signatures for the same group of democrats that have over the years caused our taxes to be the highest in the area, isn't that correct?

I think the IP group should be supporting Ted Morton instead of ANY current elected official in my town. Charley is fine though. He has shown me over time where actions were taken to physically save money for the people who live here...

I also heard the new guy running our police department has drastically cut the over time games.
    The State party controls the local IP's because of the chaos over the past couple years. Anyone can run for the IP line as long as they get the signatures.

It is the same with any party; ex.: A Republican can run on the Democrat line if they get the signatures. If more than 1 person collects enough signatures, there is a primary election.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I asked the gentlemen what party did the people belong to and he said he didn't know. How can you ask for signatures and not know who you are asking for?

EVen had a signature sheet with Mary Holtz and the board members. Democrats to the core...

And when can we replace Jeff as the "Negotiator" for the tax payer. We need someone with a set of balls.
    These people are all Frank Max supporters. Remember Max controls the town right now, not the board. Democratic Chairman in the town with a lot of power. Untill some republicans start getting elected this will be a high taxed town run by a sanitation boss.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ileftchktg View Post
    These people are all Frank Max supporters. Remember Max controls the town right now, not the board. Democratic Chairman in the town with a lot of power. Untill some republicans start getting elected this will be a high taxed town run by a sanitation boss.
    Why can't we fire him? From what I heard which could be false.. he conducts political work while on our dime. No one has the balls on the town board? Why does the board allow themselves to walked over?

Quote Originally Posted by mikenold View Post
    Just for clarification: Only an IP committee person can only collect signatures for someone running for the IP line.

An IP committee person can collect signature for any candidate for the IP line. An IP, Republican or Democratic candidate can all end up getting enough IP signatures to get the IP line. If any two or more parties get enough IP signatures they will have a primary for the line.
    This is completely incorrect. Any person enrolled in the Independence Party, a Commissioner of Deeds or a Notary Public may collect signatures for an Independence petition.

Any candidate may circulate petitions for any party they like, but without an authorization from any party they are not enrolled their petition will not be valid. So a Republican who circulates petitions for the Democratic line, will not be allowed on that line in a primary unless their is an authorization from the County Democratic Party filed with the Board of Elections. The exception is for Judicial candidates who do not need authorizations.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDude View Post
    This is completely incorrect. Any person enrolled in the Independence Party, a Commissioner of Deeds or a Notary Public may collect signatures for an Independence petition.

Any candidate may circulate petitions for any party they like, but without an authorization from any party they are not enrolled their petition will not be valid. So a Republican who circulates petitions for the Democratic line, will not be allowed on that line in a primary unless their is an authorization from the County Democratic Party filed with the Board of Elections. The exception is for Judicial candidates who do not need authorizations.
    Thanks for the correction!

The authorization from the party is called a Wilson Picula (sp). Thanks again. I had neglected to mention these "special cases".

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information